Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85800 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 11
« Reply #360 on: July 01, 2012, 10:57:10 pm »

Oh, and we should probably toss that wounded spy drone into the processor if it won't recover. We have a lot of mouths to feed and it's not going to be useful unless we can heal it with royal jelly or something.
we are going to use it for breeding. it only has to live until day 14
Didn't see it, but that works.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 01, 2012, 11:23:07 pm »

So we have at lest some grasp of the Humans' computer language, and there is a good chance at least some of the humans we have do as well.
We should set up a pair of consoles on a local network with each other (removing their internet capabilities, of course), and see if we can use those to communicate more directly.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 02, 2012, 12:32:18 am »

You order the Digging Drone to oversee the creation of access points, digging, and laying down materials, and work closely with the Tech Drone to create a Universal Parts Machine. This goes considerably well, as Our standards are already set; it is simply a matter of smelters, casts, and other heavy machinery, which merely takes time and labor, both of which We have.

After upgrading your Industrial Tech Lab, You proceed to examine the Human food from the ship while the Tech Drone minds the machinery and begins designing an improved Magnetohydrodynamic Propulsion System. Clearly, it has better things to do, and You leave it alone as You examine the food. This goes well, and You manage to grow several different varieties of synthetic food that closely resemble what Humans eat. You examine Our food as well, and replace the base template with a Unit of Food in the Synthesizer. You feel as though building a large bacteria tank would help, as well as another Synthesizer, but manage to recalibrate the Synthesizer yet again to improve the quality of the Synthetic Food.

Finally, You proceed to build a pair of computers with the aid of the Tech and Navigation Drones with a basic visual interface and assorted communication devices. Theirs strongly resemble their kind of computer, and You leave the Tech Drones of both the Humans and Ourselves to figure out the problems themselves. You whisper to the Listener that unity of purpose is strength, and that a resolution should be found. Once again, visual aid is put to use, and another four images are drawn that indicate the Human Queen refusing gold, what you surmise are words being exchanged, a human dying on their feet, and a group of live humans on their knees.

It is a quarter of the way through the day. You receive 9 Canisters of Pollen Fuel, 4 Units of Food, 3 Units of Standard-Quality Synthetic Food, 1 Unit of Low-Quality Synthetic Food, and a Unit of Royal Jelly.

[You Are:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your Nest
Location - the general area of Here
Outdoors - Very Slightly Detectable to Casual Scans
Indoors

You Own

Your food supplies are:
12 Units of Food
5 Units of LQSF
7 Units of SQSF

Your prisoners are:

Your Planets:
Unnamed Yellow Dwarf Sun
Unnamed Iron-Rich Cold Partially Terraformed Planet, 4th from Unnamed Sun [Mars]
- Unnamed Moon
- Unnamed Moon]

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 12
« Reply #363 on: July 02, 2012, 12:34:07 am »

>>:Continue construction of vehicle bay!
I'll leave the rest to you guys per braindeadness.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 02, 2012, 03:22:35 am »

[mode_RP] Maybe the four-legged animals have a relation to humans near to what humans think we're trying to achieve with them.

It seems that the Listener's sub-hive is willing to work for us in exchange for gold, and presumably food and water. Odd, since they'll have no use for gold anyway. The Human Queen however refuse this deal. Maybe, as a Queen, she dislike the idea of obeying another Queen. Young Queens are rebellious, remember.

We currently have no gold, and digging for it would be counter-productive.

The best use we could have of the humans would be baits. Or fertilizer. [/mode_RP]

I don't think we can understand the very concept of trade, let alone money.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 02, 2012, 03:38:38 am »

Do we really need them? :
1 Medium Limbless Human Male (Drone)
10 Weak Humans (Drone)

I think we should recycle our own week\useless drones, human ones are absolutely useless slaves, so - to the food synthesizer or test subjects or shooting practice or whatever.

On other hand we should continue to develop communication methods with our slaves. They should be useful, later

As for next generation drones I suggest to make their digestion system more effective = consuming less food
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:18:29 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 02, 2012, 04:29:26 am »

Ideas for the future

-Try to acces the human information networks (we should be able to do this already) and devise something to shut down all of their communications, if only for a short while
-We should try to design an electromagnetical field generator. Such a thing would jam communications, deflect plasma, ion and some ballistic weaponry, and would attract some of the polarized Mars Sand, creating a bubble of Mars sand.  We don't want to activate it, as it is rather noticeable, but when we do it will shield and cloack our bases, preventing the enemy from getting a precise fix on our location
- We need to devise some sort of crude rocket as fast as possible. A few rockets detonated in orbit should bring enough debris in the planet orbit to set of a chain reaction (debris collides with sattelite --> more debris) to clean the planet's orbits of all human sattelites and deny acces to the planet withough heavily armored ships.(Heavily armored= Several meters of steel plating. Orbiting debris packs quite a punch, even if it's only pea sized)

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 02, 2012, 07:33:31 am »

Keep a larvae in this stage and engineer it to be a proto brainslug
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 02, 2012, 08:02:23 am »

14 Human-Sized Heavy Railguns

Hm, what about making three stationary quad railgun turrets from it? If this is the thing that killed our soldier, such turrets should be quite effective

And continue looting the landship

Also I am against brainslug route, just dislike mind control strategy
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 02, 2012, 08:08:00 am »

PROTO brainslug
---
siggy!

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 02, 2012, 08:32:00 am »

What would be better than destroying the humans' communications would be controlling them. The first step in that is to find out how much of it is satalite based or direct transmission.
Soaplent green is goblins!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 02, 2012, 08:33:05 am »

Reasons against brainslug.

1.Difficult to do
2. Angers humans(we certainly won't make friends by mindcontrolling them
3.Resource. inneficient Just killing and eating them is better
4.High chance oy capture(the less the humans know about us, the better)
5.Sci.fi clishe

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 02, 2012, 09:15:15 am »

Of the body is the biggest issue as well.

We are of the mind. If we want to control them we should be using a regiment of surgery, drugs, and mental conditioning.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 02, 2012, 09:19:25 am »

I agree with Criptfiend.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 02, 2012, 09:50:34 am »

Reasons against brainslug.

1.Difficult to do
2. Angers humans(we certainly won't make friends by mindcontrolling them
3.Resource. inneficient Just killing and eating them is better
4.High chance oy capture(the less the humans know about us, the better)
5.Sci.fi clishe

1. Its Cool
2. why do we need to make freainds with the squishy humans? they taste good!
3. yes but im thinking using them as a spy drone failure plan B
4. the things would be predator like and microscopic
5. who cares? (see 1)
---
siggy!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57