Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85784 times)

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 11
« Reply #345 on: July 01, 2012, 08:37:54 pm »

>About surface plants.I think that we should leave them in the green house. Take one for storage deep in the complex in case of attack. That will still leave four on the surface to breed the next generation of cold hardy plants with. For planting the seeds two above ground and one below sounds good.

>When we get the opertuinty lets plan out how to improve the food processor.

>If any of the Ex marines are "accidentally" killed we must examine their cybernetic and biological upgrades. Also Although we want to keep the Listener alive we should probably get a sample of his DNA, see what makes him a good listener. We can probably obtain a baseline human genome off the net.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 09:08:04 pm by kopout »
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 01, 2012, 09:17:10 pm »

You order some Drones to put the most average plant into bio-stasis, and to plant the seeds in the remaining room up top. You yourself will plant the Queen's Seed in the second chamber, and relocate the Nurse. You also whisper to the Listener that the Soldier is on his side.

Upon its entrance, the fighting slows, and after a few strategically-aimed careful kicks are administered, the Humans segment into two groups. The Human Queen has five Soldiers, the remaining two human Tech Drones, four Human females, and two human males.

The remainder side with the Listener, and You suggest to him that obedience will be rewarded while deviance will have ways found to be useful. The Listener nods, and makes mouth-noises. One of the Soldiers wavers, then defects, followed by a female. You whisper to the Listener that rewards include the right to mate with the Human Queen. He quite emphatically makes the human gesture for "no". Strange humans. You resume construction of the Automation with the drones as the seeds are planted, then personally oversee the conditions for the Queen's Seed. Part of the night remains, so You examine the Humans once more.

They all remain alive.

You have somewhere between a third and a quarter of the night left.

[You Are:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your Nest
Location - the general area of Here
Outdoors - Very Slightly Detectable to Casual Scans
Indoors

You Own

Your food supplies are:
9 Units of Food
4 Units of LQSF
4 Units of SQSF

Your prisoners are:

Your Planets:
Unnamed Yellow Dwarf Sun
Unnamed Iron-Rich Cold Partially Terraformed Planet, 4th from Unnamed Sun [Mars]
- Unnamed Moon
- Unnamed Moon]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 09:22:27 pm by Ross Vernal »

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 01, 2012, 09:23:02 pm »

Begin supervising construction of facilities dedicated for cybernetics and machinery construction (mass produce of course).

>>:CONSTRUCT MACHINARIUM

>>:After construction begin manufacturing advanced drill machines and vehicles!

>>:Have drones dig out small vehicle tunnels and then conceal them.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 01, 2012, 09:35:26 pm »

what about brain slugs?

i say somone say that, and i don't know if tis possibe
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 01, 2012, 09:44:05 pm »

If by "brain slugs" you mean "mind control devices" then yes, You can build them.

Eventually. You need to know more about humans.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 01, 2012, 09:46:27 pm »

We attempted brain slugs already, we are not of the body and we failed to make them! We could potentially harvest the brains of drones and put them into a chasis but that'd be inefficient.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 01, 2012, 09:50:16 pm »

That was more Servant Minds than Brain slugs, though. Biocomputers and the interfaces to either bio or computers.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 01, 2012, 09:55:13 pm »

Experiment on bipeds to make brain slugs

theses are more effective then any spy drone could ever be!
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 01, 2012, 09:55:44 pm »

Given that the bipeds represent a powerful people (interstellar travel) and we have had our home planet slagged, i think that minimizing conflict is a good solution, otherwise we could be on the receiving end of "competition reduction" from the humans.

Clearly the bipeds have a complex internal structure; perhaps they have the ability to spontaneously generate sub-hives, which accept discord between themselves?
We Shudder at the thought of accepting discord, but realize that Survival is more important.

We should do a chemical analysis on the supplies the humans brought, and see if we can make some better food for them. Also, investigate their medical database for chemicals which can cause differing effects (like sleep).

Finally, contemplate the 4 legged things which they drew earlier, and how the humans relate to them, and we should practice talking quietly. Random death by brain overload is not a way to have happy slaves.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 01, 2012, 10:03:40 pm »

Mind control can be for later. Lets have Listener ask the Human Queen what her problem is. It may be something that can be resolved to Our advantage. If not We now have some new test subjects, and an opportunity to learn about cybernetics and human Bio-enhancement from her solders.
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 01, 2012, 10:06:45 pm »

Generally speaking, when it comes to "Let's create a new class of drones!" the changes should be small, and may or may not work. Think less "Grow Brain Slugs" and more "Make the drones smaller", "increase conductivity", "grant a small measure of intelligence", or "more sensory organs".

We are less naturally inclined towards war and adaption and more towards innovation. As it stands, We hardly understand Our own biology.

Winning votes so far (as in, you can still input, because I am not always right here at the moment)

Complete Automation
Construct Spare Universal Parts Machine
Examine Human Food
Improve Synthetic Food Maker
Interrogation Session

This will put us at at quarter of the way through the day, most likely.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 01, 2012, 10:10:44 pm »

Examine human technology; broken parts can still be understood in terms of what they could do, especially "Low Tech" items, like electric circuits;

We should specialize a drone for interacting with human tech and people, perhaps grant it a mind-voice capability like our own, but the small extent of success would mean that it would be a tolerable volume to the humans.

Examine the healing of the spy drone to learn a) how our healing processes work, b) determine better ways of healing, c) consider how a specialized drone could be adapted to aid the biological regeneration of another.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 01, 2012, 10:33:43 pm »

We alredy have a good chunk of the day occupied. One thing at a time.In terms of a Speaker drone for human interaction I have to admit I like the idea but I personally need more info on how the mind voice works before  We go mucking around with something like that. Although learning about healing and possibly making the nurse more eficent is a good idea I think a specialized healing drone on top of a nurse is redundant.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 01, 2012, 10:40:02 pm »

...How dependant on Us are Our larvae? It could be... beneficial if we had independent, perhaps chest-bursting ones. Further examine the human biology and our own and identify a list of biological changes we would have to make to accommodate this alternate larval stage.

Oh, and we should probably toss that wounded spy drone into the processor if it won't recover. We have a lot of mouths to feed and it's not going to be useful unless we can heal it with royal jelly or something.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 01, 2012, 10:45:18 pm »

Oh, and we should probably toss that wounded spy drone into the processor if it won't recover. We have a lot of mouths to feed and it's not going to be useful unless we can heal it with royal jelly or something.
we are going to use it for breeding. it only has to live until day 14
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57