Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85782 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 11
« Reply #330 on: July 01, 2012, 06:43:53 pm »

yeah it seems humans cant quite take anything more then near-silent mind whispers, attempt to find alternate forms of communication.

I am aware humans are below Us, and quite unrefined, but having humans who trust us, could have some... interesting applications.

oh, and aquire food for the humans.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 01, 2012, 06:58:42 pm »

As a species, We never really developed much as far as a printing press went. The idea of a "book" is something We could become familiar with, but with all available information available to the Queens instantaneously, there was never much of a need for written or printed data storage.

The Flowers would retain their tolerance. Cold-tolerant is NOT freeze-tolerant, so planting the flowers outdoors of a greenhouse is probably a Bad Idea.

You have a Drone bring the NavDrones a Human Scanning Device. They create an interface, and a Drone scans the Humans. These Humans are classified as Ex-Marines, and appear to have had undergone a considerable amount of surgery, cybernetic implants (mostly to the spine and cranium, although several have augmented joints), and gene therapy. Most have criminal records pertaining to theft, smuggling, murder, and other crimes.

You continue to communicate with the humans, providing all of them with slabs and graphite and using a computer monitor on Your end. You repeatedly show the image of the decorated Human, followed by putting a picture of her face above the other faces. She seems to nod, and you designate her as a Human Queen.

Several of the humans are waving slabs that indicate meat or vegetables with wavy lines coming from them, and making gestures as to consumption, while others hold slabs that indicate a glass filled with some liquid. A white-haired Human with a red armband glances around, and begins to draw smaller versions of the other pictures, followed by what You presume are molecular structures. His peers are busy holding up designs and things to indicate their grasp of math, astronomy, and the like.

It has been a quarter of the day.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 01, 2012, 07:03:27 pm »

They must be hungry, make the synthetic food look a little more appetizing than usual and give it to them.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 01, 2012, 07:06:58 pm »

They must be hungry, make the synthetic food look a little more appetizing than usual and give it to them.

I like these ideas, remember, we are dealing with humans who don't like the majority of humans.

the phrase "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" comes to mind.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 01, 2012, 07:14:01 pm »

We don't need them, nor will they ever become one of us. However, we cannot underestimate our foes like before nor falter like our ancestors did. We must keep an iron hand which we can both kill and nurture in order to survive.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 07:18:17 pm by Zecro_The_Scourge »
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 01, 2012, 07:19:50 pm »

What does Queen's pollen do? Here is what I think the Queen should do:
-Keep working with the human who can listen, try to aclimate him to telepathy. Tell him this is how we communicate, and try to have him teach us how they communicate. Send basic images to him, and then ask for the word in his language. Once we know the word for 50 objects, do that for actions, then learn the subjects (I,we, etc.), and then think him a sentance, and have him think it back. Do that with the sentances until We understand the language.

Here is a list of actions for everyone else, in order of priority:
-Attempt to feed the bipeds some of the synthetic food.
-Dig a tunnel connecting the trap to our base (unless there already is one.)
-Have the tech drone direct the division of the landship into easy to move pieces, while avioding all the important stuff, and bring it back to the lab.
-Once the above is accomplished have the tech drone examine the parts of the landship.
-Use the human's drone to check on the human's communication network, and see if they know of us.
-Process the human corpses into synthetic food in the Synthetic Food Synthesisizer (I forgot it's name so I just made one up)
-Finish the automated watering/plant matianence system.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 01, 2012, 07:34:01 pm »

What does Queen's pollen do? Here is what I think the Queen should do:
-Keep working with the human who can listen, try to aclimate him to telepathy. Tell him this is how we communicate, and try to have him teach us how they communicate. Send basic images to him, and then ask for the word in his language. Once we know the word for 50 objects, do that for actions, then learn the subjects (I,we, etc.), and then think him a sentance, and have him think it back. Do that with the sentances until We understand the language.

Here is a list of actions for everyone else, in order of priority:
-Attempt to feed the bipeds some of the synthetic food.
-Dig a tunnel connecting the trap to our base (unless there already is one.)
-Have the tech drone direct the division of the landship into easy to move pieces, while avioding all the important stuff, and bring it back to the lab.
-Once the above is accomplished have the tech drone examine the parts of the landship.
-Use the human's drone to check on the human's communication network, and see if they know of us.
-Process the human corpses into synthetic food in the Synthetic Food Synthesisizer (I forgot it's name so I just made one up)

-Finish the automated watering/plant matianence system.

Essentially every part of that list is already done or being done.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 01, 2012, 07:39:09 pm »

You don't understand the concept of peace. Competition is inevitable, and We did not climb out of the presumed swamps of Our world by not devouring and destroying everything not of Us or Them. The enemy of Our enemy is Our enemy's enemy.

All the same, slaves do sound appealing. You consider the formulas of the Tech Drone Humans, and calibrate the Synthetic Synthesizer to produce Four Units of Heated Synthetic Human Food immediately You dump several corpses into the machine as well. We can stand the delay in Food production. Upon finishing this, a Soldier follows the L1 Digging Drone and Diggers to supervise the Humans as several pits are dug, lined with Glass, and filled with Pure Water. More drones expand the cavern around the Humans as You personally deliver the Units of Food. You once again bring a slightly adapted Monitor and create picture of Humans eating the food.

Most seem hesitant, but after the White-Haired Tech Drone eats several bites and doesn't die, the remaining Humans form a line, herded by the Soldiers and Captain. Interestingly enough, she places herself last in line, behind everyone else. You slice off an equal portion for each Human plus one additional, and offer both pieces to the Queen. It is her will that must bend to Yours, and tending to Her needs as though it were a lesser species of value for amusement, labor, and companionship. She refuses the extra unit of food, and You simply leave it on the floor where she left it. One of the Weak Humans takes it and eats it greedily.

5/8ths of the day remain as the Humans eat and drink. Most are making faces and eating very slowly, but the Weak humans tore through theirs. The White-Haired Tech Drone points at his tongue and makes a symbol that corresponds to -5, and then points at his stomach and makes the Human symbol used for an unknown number. You Whisper to the Listening Human that he is to act as a translator with the Human Tech Drone. The two make more mouth-noises to each other, and the Tech Drone becomes excited, waving his arms around and making loud mouth-noises.

The NavDrones check the human networks. We remain undetected as of now, but are unable to access Pirate channels. The Tech Drone takes all non-prioritized Drones and begins to strip the Landship of parts.

With nothing further to do, You work on the plant automation system. You feel the Flowers once again radiating content, and it occurs to You that seeds should be planted. Regardless, the projected system is fully designed, and You supervise the drones in production of further parts.

Night falls. The Synthesizer has its production delayed for a while, but We will get our food later tonight.

[Assume the Inventory has been updated. I'm being lazy right now. :P ]

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 01, 2012, 07:43:31 pm »

Continue contemplation of the thought "peace" or non hostile agreement, we must adapt to survive sooner or later. Have one of our stronger soldiers bring the humans rations and such while we supervise the flower automation system.

>>:Automate flower production.
>>:Continue mining for minerals and such.
>>:Contemlate "PEACE"
>>:Research advanced human speech.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 01, 2012, 07:52:25 pm »

The human mouth-language is bizzare, but would we be able to use their written language? We have the planetary internet to use for a reference for that as well as the human captives.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 01, 2012, 07:53:33 pm »

If not Peace, contemplate 'Temporary Help'.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 01, 2012, 07:53:57 pm »

If not Peace, contemplate 'Temporary Help'.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 01, 2012, 07:58:00 pm »

You contemplate the nature of the thought "peace." The Flowers appear to be non-hostile, but You recall how the Queen's Flowers consumed their brethren to survive. If such beings must kill all that cannot be put to use, and They are part of Us, then We should continue to kill everything that cannot be put to use.

You consider the nature of an agreement not based on hostility. Slavery appears to be a rather good option, as hostility should only be generated by lack of survival conditions being met. Aside from this... Such an interaction would rely on Your ability to provide for their needs. They would have to be of use beyond as experiments, such as physical labor, diversion, and to fight and die for you. This would require their assimilation into the Hive.

You whisper to the Listening Human your ideas, and observe the reaction. The Humans confer, and one draws a picture of a four-legged animal. He continues to draw several different kinds of them, and has Humans interacting with them. The artist continues to draw, consulting with the Human Tech drone to draw the symbol for gold, placed upon bars, offered from the You-symbol to them. The next scene shows battle with Humans and Kai against Humans, and the next one of hydroponic plant farming with Drones and Humans.  The Human Queen becomes excited over this, and words are exchanged before the Queen strikes the Tech Drone. A fight breaks out, and You watch with considerable amusement. Humans are strange.

You have work to do, and collect the Drones (except for those needed to strip the Ship of all non-vital parts) to dig the tunnels and prepare the systems. The NavDrones work on integration, but are starting to run low on processor power, memory, and the like. You check the Fusion Reactor, and note it is at half capacity.

In the meantime, the Humans are fighting. Many of the Soldiers are fighting, while few of the Weak Humans are. You presume a rebellion is happening.

You can learn to write, yes, but it will take some time. Most of the language known is computer language.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 01, 2012, 08:01:54 pm »

Equip armor and blaster and kick down the door to the bar fight with extreme swag, we can have fun nay?

>>:Have a cadre of soldiers restrain hostile humans
>>:Continue assimilating human language
>>:Etcetera

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 01, 2012, 08:05:50 pm »

Keep the Listener alive if possible.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57