Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85741 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 9 [Pirate ETA: 1.5 Days]
« Reply #240 on: June 29, 2012, 09:55:30 am »

Or an acid-launcher rifle, or crossbow, or something. (Remember, we are not of the Body, its easier to make a working weapon than a similarly efficient acid-spitter drone)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 29, 2012, 10:11:11 am »

Now that the pirates have stopped moving and feel secure, it think it would be a good time to try to sneak our spy drone aboard their craft.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 29, 2012, 12:15:22 pm »

I mean we already have riffles that shoot plasma, so why do we need guns that shoot acid?
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2012, 12:23:19 pm »

Or an acid-launcher rifle, or crossbow, or something. (Remember, we are not of the Body, its easier to make a working weapon than a similarly efficient acid-spitter drone)

Acid rifle isn't serious weapon, but acid spit is useful both as back-up close combat weapon and as a simple tool. Also, stomach filled with sulfuric acid can digest almost anythg.  I think we should try to modify our soldiers in that direction... Mayne feed small doses of diluted sulfuric acid to larvae?

And acid traps are simply fun

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 12:25:21 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 29, 2012, 01:53:27 pm »

No authorial comment on my idea for a drone specialized in interfacing with machines?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 29, 2012, 02:18:37 pm »

I voted for it but turns out noone else did?
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2012, 02:19:37 pm »

I like the idea, if it wasn't quite obvious.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2012, 03:23:21 pm »

Modifying us to interface with machines seems like something Body Kai would do, while as a Mind Kai we would make machines capible of interfacing with us.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 29, 2012, 03:30:11 pm »

Yep, while I think we shouldn't neglect mutations, that creature just a wrong direction.
In fact I oppose any cyberware style development, Kai shoundn't be slaves of machines
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2012, 03:38:11 pm »

Maybe, but in practice the most efficent solution is both meeting half way, and even if we did so we'd want drones specializing in it and the tech cant *strip away* the unwnted parts/abilities to save food.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 29, 2012, 03:39:33 pm »

I mean I am SOOO for super cool implants that let our Kai shoot lasers out of their eyes, but that would have to be done from the perspecitive of making the machine to the Kai, not the Kai to the Machine.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 29, 2012, 04:52:25 pm »

that would, yes. However, is we need something where the machine will do most everything, like a robotic vehicle, or when it simply doesn't need to do any physical work just act as a code monkey, then giving it legs and eyes is *wastefull*, and cuting the uneded parts of after reaching adulthood dosnt solve the problem no matter how high tech the way you do it.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 29, 2012, 05:20:00 pm »

The issue is that we might (by which I mean most likely) do not have the control over ourselves to make such a drone.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 29, 2012, 05:40:22 pm »

The issue is that we might (by which I mean most likely) do not have the control over ourselves to make such a drone.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 29, 2012, 05:57:52 pm »

Given we are capable of moulding our own body, perhaps we should simply examine what gives a machine its advantages and try to form Our next Generation Drones with those Advantages?

If our sensors have not detected any sensors from the pirate ship, we need to send out the new flying scout to investigate what happened; we may be able to acquire Useful Materials.

Having examples of fully functional bipeds, and biped technology will aid further conquest.

Send out a scout to the area where the Administration people Lost, to search for armor fragments, and to determine strategies, capabilities and likely deployed tactics. If needed, directly control this drone Ourselves.

Test every pules weapon. We do not want another Disappointment.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57