Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85645 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are An Alien Queen
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2012, 05:10:21 pm »

That is because I can be derpy at times, and forget to put things inside my head onto digital paper. :P My bad. By all means, continue to poke holes where important.]

You consider Our options for some time. In the end, it boils down to a choice - do You sacrifice a few of Us in the future in exchange for technology now, or sacrifice resources for Us now? You briefly consider only getting the most valuable parts, but when it comes down to it, it is better to do one thing well than two things poorly. Unable to decide, You shoot a rock, then flip it in the air. You consider the burned side to represent the ship and the clean side the food. The rock lands with the burned side up, and You decide that you currently have enough Eggs to replace Our losses.

You administer a dose of Royal Jelly to the Repair Drone, focusing on its legs, eyes, and antennae. The procedure works well - guided by Your mind and will, the Repair Drone shifts and grows to form true-hands, longer and more delicate antennae, and becomes considerably more durable and flexible.  You order all of Us to scour the ship, with the exception of a security patrol.

Engineering produces the best results, with Spare Parts for just about everything aboard the ship, and quite a large amount of Wiring, Diagnostic Computers, a single Molecular Fabrication Device, and a Munition Fabrication Device. The most important find in the Sector, however, is a large Battery and schematics for smaller-scale batteries.  Unfortunately, the Missiles aboard are far too weathered and broken to be of use. You disarm them anyway to be safe, and salvage a single working Kinetic Energy warhead.

Med/Sci is a complete mess. You find a few Dead Flowers of Life, various decomposed Larvae, the leg of a Biped Test Subject and a box containing 10 Units of Synthetic Food. Upon closer inspection, you find that all but 3 units have spoiled. You call for a break to feed Us, and distribute the food among Yourself, the Nurse, and ten of the Drones. The Warriors consume all but two dead Flowers of Life.

Operations provides you with several Telemetry Computers, Display Panels, lots of Wiring, and a single Targeting Computer, as well as various Spare Computer Parts.

Nothing of value is to be found in the Cargo. Perhaps yesterday, there would have been, but right now, there is nothing but scrap.

You retrieve a set of Replacement Parts for the Fusion Reactor from Propulsion, and a small amount of Ice left over. Lastly, you strip the Hull and Superstructure completely down to nothing, gaining several sets of Construction Materials, Armor Plating, and lots and lots of Scrap Plastic, Scrap Metal, and some Thermal Insulation.

Your Flying Warrior senses an incoming Flying Mechanical Spy Drone of Biped origin, and climbs to the top of its flight ceiling as your Warriors sit completely still under the cover of the Ship. You are well aware that given enough time, the MSD will detect Us one way or the other, and decide to solve the problem. As the drone circles the ship, You possess our Flying Warrior and fire a quick Pulse Burst at the MSD; the first two shots send it into an uncontrolled spiral to the ground, and the third misses for obvious reasons. It shatters on the ground below, and Our warriors collect it for study.

[OOC Note: You have NO IDEA this is happening.]

"What the HELL was that?"

"Micrometeor came down and hit it. Shit happens. Better get on the paperwork, the Chief will have your ass if you don't."

"What about the ship?"

"Write it off as a loss. I will answer for it. It's too far away to get anything but scrap metal. God only knows we don't need it."

"...Your neck, not mine. Sir."

You assume that We have, at the very least, aroused suspicion. You wait for several minutes, but when no explosions come forth from the sky, You are reasonably certain that We were not detected. You are fortunate in that you have an hour before Nightfall, and spend the rest of the time improving the Agricultural Earthworks before retreating underground for the night.

[You are:
1 Queen Alien (Almost Full)
1 Level 3 Nurse Drone (Halfway Full)
2 Level 2 Navigation Drones (Hungry)
1 Level 1 Repair Drone (Full)
19 Basic Drones (9 are Hungry)
1 Flying Warrior (Hungry)
4 Basic Warriors (Hungry)
14 Drone Larvae
1 Small Fertile Flying Spy Drone Larvae, Generation 0
70 Eggs
22 Drone Eggs
7 Soldier Eggs
1 Flying Soldier Egg
10 Flowers of Life (1 Queen's Flower, 7 Maturing Flowers, 3 Stunted Flowers)

You own:
A Bunch of Spare Parts: (Computer, Mechanical, Fusion Reactor, Weaponry)
A Fully Charged Battery
Battery Schematics
Point Defense Laser / Smelter
A Lot of Damaged to Intact Metal Plating
Many Computer Parts / Wiring
2 Diagnostic Computers
Molecular Fabrication Device
Munition Fabrication Device
A Kinetic Energy Penetration Warhead
2 Telemetry Computers
A Targeting Computer
Display Panels
19 Dormant Flowers
Relevant Tools
A Light Expirimental Defensive Pulse Cannon
A Queen-Sized Light Energy Machine Gun
A Soldier-Sized Light Energy Blaster
3 Soldier-Sized Light Pulse Blaster
3 Dead Biped Test Subjects + 1 Leg
3 Dead Flowers of Life
A Sensory Array
Imperfect Glass
Earthen Insulation Materials
Glass Insulation Materials
Functional Greenhouse Glass
Ship Thermal Insulation
Iron
Water
Carbon
Nitrogen
Calcium
Phosphorus
Scrap Metal
Scrap Plastic
A Broken Biped Mechanical Scout

Your Nest:
Queen's Chamber with A Flower Pit
Flower Chamber with Nine Flowers of Life / Laboratory
Fusion Reactor Chamber
Defensive Earthworks
A Partially Constructed Agricultural Earthworks
A Heating Tunnel]

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2012, 05:43:03 pm »

Find more royal jelly, and help the spy drone. we need to know what we're killing.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2012, 06:11:42 pm »

It will be several days until more Royal Jelly is produced.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2012, 06:23:01 pm »

-Plant all of the flowers, 4 dedicated as Queen's  flowers.(1/2 day?)
-Finish construction of agricultural earthworks and expand the flower chamber. (possibly greater than 1/2 day and thus exaust this day and a bit of the next, but only if the flower chamber needs substantial expansion and the flower planting takes 1/2 day or more.)
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2012, 06:52:58 pm »

>Fabrication camber. Centred around the fabrication devices, also made using computer parts/wiering, display panels, probably one of the most relevant computers, and housing most construction tools and materials.

Upgrading the lab with these things also works.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2012, 07:04:37 pm »

with our potential detection, we need to set up defence and food not dependent on external supplies; we should prioritize all surface works during the day, and do things like building underground fabrication labs tonight.

heat (basically solved, still sluggish during the night)
food (partially solved; have several days untill it is a critical issue)-- this should be our focus
tech expansion (set up items from the ship); do we need to research the kinetic WH in order to build a similer item, or is it just a resource constraint.

RE: breaking the laws of thermodynamics with food; i don't think so, as many cooking food (which is basically denaturing proteins, and partial degradation of heat sensitive sure complexes) is a step towards higher entropy, but does produce a better food product.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2012, 07:33:03 pm »

RE: breaking the laws of thermodynamics with food; i don't think so, as many cooking food (which is basically denaturing proteins, and partial degradation of heat sensitive sure complexes) is a step towards higher entropy, but does produce a better food product.
I think he was talking about the original source of the energy from the reaction of basic elements-food. However, I see no reason why the nurse would have to lose energy creating food for the soldiers and the drones as she could just metabolize a portion of the elements for energy. And the dead bipeds were brocken down into the individual elements so the energy could come from that process.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2012, 07:45:37 pm »

Are we capable of synthesizing matter from energy? And can our fusion reactor support that? If so, we could simply generate essential elements that way.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2012, 07:56:22 pm »

You have the ability and infrastructure to begin manufacture of explosive weapons and ordinance; you simply lack the refined resources. You direct Our drones into expanding the Flower Chamber and Laboratory. The heat from the computer and manufacturing will do nothing but good for the Flowers, although You take care to lower the Laboratory and apply the Imperfect Glass Windows to prevent fumes and stray materials from contamination.

You cannot create matter from energy yet. You theorize it is Possible, but You have no idea where to begin.

After this is done, You and the Repair Drone guide the wiring of the newly improved Lab, connect the computers, and otherwise ensure that your Laboratory / Manufacturing Facility are online and running at full efficiency. In the meantime, you order the Drones to maintain the Flowers and prepare the Queen's Flowers again. Your basic elemental supplies are slightly diminished by this, but the effort pays off as the three stunted flowers begin to thicken and bud.

When morning comes, the priority is, of course, food. Your Drones harvest seven units of Food. You consume two units and the Nurse consumes three, leaving 2 units of food left. Again, You find that We cannot be fed completely - one unit of food can be used for feeding 10 drones, while it would take both units of food to feed your 4 Warriors and one Flying Warrior The Repair Drone, of course, would consume a single unit of Food, but can survive for several more cycles without.

You obtain two units of Pollen Fuel. The exact mechanisms of the Flower are, as of yet, unknown, but a single Canister of Fuel contains more energy than a controlled nuclear explosion. Needless to say, a missile loaded with a Canister as a warhead would have devastating impact. Of course, using all of your Pollen would stop Flower reproduction.

You and the Drones complete the Agricultural Earthworks and create Environmental Protection. In the meantime, the Repair Drone improves the efficiency of your computer network by 9%. For the rest of the day, You set out to plant 10 Flowers in the Earthworks, and to expand the Queen's Flowers by 4.

It is currently Night. You consider your options.

[You are:
1 Queen Alien (Full)
1 Level 3 Nurse Drone (Full)
2 Level 2 Navigation Drones (Very Hungry)
1 Level 1 Repair Drone (Almost Full)
19 Basic Drones (9 are Hungry)
1 Flying Warrior (Hungry)
4 Basic Warriors (Hungry)
14 Drone Larvae
1 Small Fertile Flying Spy Drone Larvae, Generation 0
66 Eggs
25 Drone Eggs
7 Soldier Eggs
2 Flying Soldier Egg
5 Queen Flowers
6 Active Underground Flowers
3 Mature Underground Flowers
10 Aboveground Flowers of Life

You own:
A Bunch of Spare Parts: (Computer, Mechanical, Fusion Reactor, Weaponry)
A Fully Charged Battery
2 Canisters of Pollen Fuel
Battery Schematics
Point Defense Laser / Smelter
A Lot of Damaged to Intact Metal Plating
Many Computer Parts / Wiring
1 Diagnostic Computer
A Kinetic Energy Penetration Warhead
1 Telemetry Computer
Display Panels
4 Dormant Flowers
Relevant Tools
A Light Expirimental Defensive Pulse Cannon
A Queen-Sized Light Energy Machine Gun
A Soldier-Sized Light Energy Blaster
3 Soldier-Sized Light Pulse Blaster
3 Dead Biped Test Subjects + 1 Leg
3 Dead Flowers of Life
A Sensory Array
Earthen Insulation Materials
Glass Insulation Materials
Functional Greenhouse Glass
Ship Thermal Insulation
Iron
Water
Carbon
Nitrogen
Calcium
Phosphorus
Scrap Metal
Scrap Plastic
A Broken Biped Mechanical Scout

Your Nest:
Queen's Chamber with A Flower Pit
Insulated Flower Chamber with Nine Flowers of Life
A Level 2 Technology Lab
Fusion Reactor Chamber
Defensive Earthworks
Insulated Agricultural Earthworks
A Heating Tunnel]

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2012, 08:06:02 pm »

[Also, since I never answered before...

I am open to having and running a Human side for this. It's not going to appear for a while, though, and may end up sharing this thread. Either way, they will interact. For now, the Human side is basically doing the following actions every Turn, in this order of priority:

Resource Extraction
Continue Terraforming / Terraforming Studies
Planetary Exploration
Grow Food / Generic Engineering
Robotics
Construct Living and Food Infrastructure
Reproduce
Train Soldiers
Train Scientists
Weapons Research ]
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:01:25 pm by Ross Vernal »

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2012, 09:19:45 pm »

I might take the human position, is it a think tank like this or do I pm you stuff?
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2012, 09:33:30 pm »

I want to play humans toooo.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2012, 09:56:59 pm »

It will most likely be in suggestion game format.

Seriously considering starting it early. xD

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2012, 10:02:45 pm »

Can the humans play as characters (considering we are individual thinkers) while the Kai faction thinks in suggestion format? OR should we just keep it suggestion?

It will most likely be in suggestion game format.

Seriously considering starting it early. xD

Nevermind already decided to be in suggestion format.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:23:47 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2012, 10:15:24 pm »

I would like to be an human, pm me link for suggestion think tank thread or whatever you have in mind.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57