Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85538 times)

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Not Quite Day 20
« Reply #795 on: August 11, 2012, 08:25:26 pm »

If we could make a microbe that targets cows, we could cripple the local economy.
or we could have mind-controlled cows.

MOOOOO MOOOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO M-MOOOOO
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 11, 2012, 08:38:49 pm »

I say we develop weapons based off cheese.
The problem is that terror, horror, and scent do not travel effectively through a vacuum. Developing cheese-based weaponry would have no long-term advantage unless we modified the cheese to possess a telepathic hive-mind of its own. If we did that then the cheesy gestalt may pose a credible threat to ourselves...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 12, 2012, 01:08:30 am »

Jeremy had spores and plump helmet nature, kai had cheese. I demand production of telepathic cheese!
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 13, 2012, 06:21:22 pm »

Third page? THIRD PAGE?! What is this nonsensical devilry?!
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 13, 2012, 08:17:07 pm »

Proposals in order of priority:
1: Develop bacterial agents to improve soil quality for them.
2: Develop a penetrating sensor array to locate and identify potentially dangerous entities in the surrounding area such as high-energy devices, vital functions, unstable mass concentrations, unstable chemicals, and regions that cannot be sensed. Ideally this would penetrate common biped construction materials.
3: Develop a sensor/processor/weapon combination to automatically detonate explosive devices approaching at high speed. This would probably involve a visual/thermal scanner, a processor to identify large incoming projectiles and adjust for weapon inaccuracy, and a high-intensity laser to cause surface explosions on the projectile.
4: Develop a fully automated weapon array to identify and destroy all hostile entities within a cone with maximum practical swiftness. This should not be provided with effective weaponry until significant testing has been completed. Once this technology is refined it could be mounted on vehicles for near-instant attacking of air contacts, used for personal weapons to partially automate aiming and shooting(point it down a corridor and activate it, it shoots at any motion((relative to the background)) and automatically remembers targets that have moved previously and targets that have already been hit effectively so as not to be distracted...), mounted on guided projectiles to attack counter-measures, scattered about for region-denial, incorporated into unmanned satellites to assault hostile forces that threaten to interact with the planet...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 13, 2012, 11:47:28 pm »

+1 Support.

And maybe raid an outpost, stealthy for as long as possible. Then hit hard and GTFO
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 14, 2012, 02:18:19 am »

I don't support wasting R&D potential on that dubious projects. No wunderwaffe, please. We already have better techs than humans. Once again I propose temporary veto on new weapon techs, we have many fun toys, already. Let's play with it.

Economy should by our priority in research, we need to have ability to build more forces then enemy can destroy, and automated lines that will produce many bots  is what we really need. Air superiority and artillery win wars, not some systems, that  make soldiers 5-10% better

Second generator is also required, because we need more energy. It should be developed and built as fast as possible. Geothermal look nice, because heat that it produce may be used for new underground farms . We need more hidden food\jelly\pollen fuel sources. Another option - generator that works on pollen fuel, but I'd prefer geothermal

Fortifying base, also should be our constant effort. because we can be detected any moment. At least escape tunnels are needed

Maybe, just maybe we should start experimenting with cloning

And no to raid with GTFOing. We need to capture and get the second base. Raiding will not give much benefits
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 14, 2012, 05:44:43 am »

And no to raid with GTFOing. We need to capture and get the second base. Raiding will not give much benefits
Do we have the capacity to take and hold the second base though?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 14, 2012, 06:40:04 am »

Remember we planned our force based on momentum, to take and hold a place would be to give up the momentum and give the enemy time to regroup, besides, raiding can have many benifits, key of which is the ability to degenerate moral and make the enemy tired as they would be constantly on the lookout, we've already had this argument and key to warfare is that once you have a plan STICK TO IT! So no capturing bases

But otherwise I agree with you
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:51:30 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 14, 2012, 07:46:39 am »

We haven't activated the main plan yet. This is just the preparation. The main plan kicks into actions the moment we fire the sattelite buster.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 14, 2012, 07:55:40 am »

True, but we still should avoid making any take and hold objectives whatsoever, if we're hungry for combat then we should raid and slaughter an entire pirate outpost but the point I was trying to make is that whatever we do we should not take and hold any kind of base, if we want a new one then we should build a new one, as I had already said, we need momentum, I just want this to sink in before we attack so that we know not to capture
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 14, 2012, 08:42:03 am »

Bold means high priority
Italics means low priority

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 14, 2012, 08:57:22 am »

Do we have the capacity to take and hold the second base though?
Taking civilian settlement is easy, holding while no one counterattacks  even easier
And we shouldn't  even think about touching militarty

Remember we planned our force based on momentum, to take and hold a place would be to give up the momentum and give the enemy time to regroup
Our strategy is 1) mobility 2) expansion 3) ability to strike hard we need that base for at least 3.

raiding can have many benifits, key of which is the ability to degenerate moral and make the enemy tired as they would be constantly on the lookout
Guys, we are HIDING. We should not even think about raids to put enemy on lookout

Why we need to capture and not to build?

a) Some loot
b) Combat experience
c) We'll already  have some infrastructure to expand. It's easier then build something new from scratch
d) It's good to strike from human town, because in that way humans will be more sure that they are attacked by other humans or mad AI

One of my long term plans for that base

a) Capture and loot it.
b) Install many, many one-time artillery, for striking at day-D (any use of artillery will show enemy where we are, so we can't use our main base. Also we can't install rockets in the field, because it's not easy to maintain
c) Install many anti-air weapons. to take down enemy airforce, wen they'll come to bomb what we really don't need
d) Mine all roads to it,
e) Leave some powerful self-destruction device for the time when humans will enter it
f) Forces here should be minimal, something that we are ready to lose

And that's only one of possible uses for the base

Others
a) setuping human loyalist autonomous subhive
b) Hidden resupply base
c) Aboveground farm
And all that camouflaged for perfectly normal human settlement

I really believe that such town somewhere in mountains can be useful in many, many ways

________

+1 To 10ebbors10's plan but
a) Proggraming drone should also program the assembly line
b) War queen should organize and, maybe,  participate in capturing of isolated human settlement. Plan for the attack is few pages before
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 09:04:12 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 14, 2012, 09:28:55 am »

Striking hard is put in the same group as mobility and I doubt that we would need a base for that and another key pointis to make sure that they cannot find our bases, taking a base that belonged to someone else would kinda give that away as a position, and also.

Raiding gets loot and expirience

So we're in hiding hu, well I don't know about you but it would strike me as surprising if we capture a civillian settlement and they would 'just not notice anything'

as for who attacks, well I think if they were attacked from a settlement that they knew about they would couter attack, again giving up momentum and surprise

Taking a civillian settlement would be easy, and so would holding it from no counter attacks, oh but wait, I think counterattacks are a GIVEN if we captured a settlement

you're pinning everything on that they wont know anything about us taking it, but trust me SOMETHING WILL GO WRONG, something always does, someone will escape, or they may see though our disuise, if any one of those thing happen before scedual, then the ENTIRE PLAN WILL BE IN JEPORDY

And there would be no need to prevet a D day if we can't capture their major cities, because we wont be in any position of strength, taking down the major cities must be a priority and we cannot divert any attention to anything else
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 09:30:30 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 14, 2012, 10:23:45 am »

Striking hard is put in the same group as mobility and I doubt that we would need a base for that and another key pointis to make sure that they cannot find our bases, taking a base that belonged to someone else would kinda give that away as a position, and also.
Another one with we can't afford loses strategy..... We may let enemy to detect bases if that will benefit us strategically. And you can't strike hard by mobile forces without putting them in huge risk. While long range artillery can strike when and where we want without losses

So we're in hiding hu, well I don't know about you but it would strike me as surprising if we capture a civillian settlement and they would 'just not notice anything
Administration don't really care about small barely legal settlements. So yes, most likely they'll just not notice anything

as for who attacks, well I think if they were attacked from a settlement that they knew about they would couter attack, again giving up momentum and surprise
Yep, when we'll send rockets they will know where they from. But what surprise we are giving up? They'll know after our strike. And they will have false assumption that it is our main base, while it's a trap. What momentum to we give up?

Taking a civilian settlement would be easy, and so would holding it from no counter attacks, oh but wait, I think counterattacks are a GIVEN if we captured a settlement
See above. Most likely no one will notice that something happened in some dirt poor place without important resources

you're pinning everything on that they wont know anything about us taking it, but trust me SOMETHING WILL GO WRONG, something always does, someone will escape, or they may see though our disuise, if any one of those thing happen before scedual, then the ENTIRE PLAN WILL BE IN JEPORDY
There are some risk, but very minor one. IMO benefits outweigh it. Even if some rumors will spread, rumors and We are under attack from bug alien race and must mobilize are not same
 Again you are overestimating value of one settlement

And there would be no need to prevet a D day if we can't capture their major cities, because we wont be in any position of strength, taking down the major cities must be a priority and we cannot divert any attention to anything else
Our main goal is to destroy infrastructure and cut communications, they may starve in their cities as long as they want. Day D is = a) Ai virus strike and anti sat rocket to create chaos b) artillery and air bombardments of key points and maybe c) some commando operations. Assaulting cities is not really useful. In fact I'd rather hide our soldiers as long as possible. If they will think about pirates, civil war or mad AI, that's a huge benefit
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57