Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85656 times)

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Night 18
« Reply #675 on: July 24, 2012, 05:58:40 am »

^ That and keep our war princess AWAY from the humans until she is grown and we know she is loyal, somehow I know they will try to corrupt the military leaders.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 24, 2012, 06:26:08 am »

Encourage Stampy's sexy times with his mate. Call her Stampette.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 24, 2012, 07:03:58 am »

^ That and keep our war princess AWAY from the humans until she is grown and we know she is loyal, somehow I know they will try to corrupt the military leaders.
We do know that she is loyal, and her communication with humans is useful

As for proposed attack, yes we need information about possible targets. That's why I asked for surroundings section in stats. We need something isolated, badly defended and something that no one really cares to investigate if it's gone
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 24, 2012, 07:24:00 pm »

Your Humans are loyal and the War Queen is also loyal.  Simply put, Stampy and his Humans have received the short end of the stick from the Administration for a long time. They have enough loyalty to the human race to try to convince Us of Human's relative value as workers and soldiers, but aside from that, they would cheerfully participate in a near-genocide aside from a few individuals and enough human breeding stock to ensure the survival of the species.

There are seventeen total targets. Eliminating the smallest and closest to the closest City drops the numbers to about five targets of opportunity. Four of them are absolutely certain to NOT contact the Administration; the remaining target is a high-risk, high-reward rear area raid.

1. A large pirate mining facility. It's pretty well equipped with seismometers, but it's mostly automated. It is mostly for more rare elements - titanium, uranium, platinum, and the like, but it has been used for iron and other more common elements. It's a big, mobile facility. It's probable that mining bots and tools can be used against Us.

2. The appropriate processing facility. This has a pretty good-sized combat 'bot force, and a good-sized Human population, mostly consisting of technicians. There's under a hundred soldiers.

3. Various small dome-towns, varying in population and defenses. Mostly poorly-defended, but every Human Drone is armed with a low-caliber at the very least.

4. Pirate Main Base - Heavily defended and concealed. Has at least two battalions of troops for defense (roughly 2,100 Soldiers), can survive a siege and intense bombing, holds all of the Pirate craft not currently on missions, and has a large amount of tanks, fighters, and the like. It is the toughest target available, and was clearly designed with secrecy and full-out war in mind.

5. The Raid - As can be expected, Humans place their industry away from their cities for air preservation reasons. The most prime target of these Industrial Facilities happens to be in a very, very tempting location - right next to the main military storage depot and the central collection-distribution electrical substation for the cities closest to Us. As of a month ago, and per regular standing orders, there is only a company (around 200 Soldiers) guarding the area. Unfortunately, they are very well trained, deep behind enemy lines, and have access to the Depot they're guarding.

On the other hand, destroying this facility before it can be used would be a HUGE blow to the early stages of the war.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 24, 2012, 07:58:43 pm »

We shouldn't engage the bipeds until we possess the ability to disable their long-range communication. Even if they believe it to be a purely biped issue it may cause additional interest from nearby biped settlements.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 24, 2012, 08:39:16 pm »

The general attitude the Administration has towards the pirates and freeholders is one of indifference matched only by contempt. Slightly less for the freeholders, as some of them might be stockholders, others are employee-citizens, and all of them are consumers, but regardless, the odds of them caring enough about a bunch of pirates dying to actually investigate are somewhere between "jack" and "shit". After all, Earth is overcrowded. If they all die, they can just be replaced with others.

Soldiers are more expensive - if they die, it takes lots of credits to replace them.  Think of Mars as being somewhat of a cross between colonial America and colonial Australia, and the overall human government as something vaguely between "corporate republic" (Jennifer Government) and "stratocracy" (Starship Troopers).

EDIT: "While retaining some semblance of republican government, a corporate republic would be run primarily like a business, involving a board of directors and executives. Utilities, including hospitals, schools, the military, and the police force, would be privatized. The social welfare function carried out by the state is instead carried out by corporations in the form of benefits to employees.

A stratocracy is a form of government headed by military chiefs; the term is derived from two Greek terms signifying army and power. It is not the same as a military dictatorship where the military's political power is not enforced or even supported by other laws. Rather, stratocracy is a form of military government in which the state and the military are traditionally the same thing and government positions are always occupied by military leaders. The military's political power is supported by law and the society. As such a stratocracy does not have to be autocratic by nature in order to preserve its right to rule. Historically, the term was used by Greeks to describe the structure of the late Roman Republic and later the early Empire, where there was no distinction between military and civilian offices, and appointment to governing roles required military service and promotion."

In other words, they're pretty much on their own unless they want to buy things for marginally less than the market can bear.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 09:39:18 pm by Ross Vernal »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 24, 2012, 09:56:18 pm »

So as long as we don't cause expenses in the range of 'problematic', they'll most likely just write off the losses?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 24, 2012, 10:07:03 pm »

I say we try and hack the mobile mining base. It is mostly automated so we should be able to hack it and take control. If we need a link directly to it I suggest we send out a mechanical flier to attach to it.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 24, 2012, 10:19:20 pm »

Yes, aside from the raid. They'll most definitely look at it as something incredibly suspicious. The raid can likely be put off until after the blackout, but not TOO long after. Think "an hour or two at best", because obviously the Humans will take it as "We are under attack" the second every infected computer and system goes berserk and the AI Virus rolls out the Improved Repair Bots.

While hacking would be more feasible of an option if the thing were connected to any network or channel of communication, it's not connected unless absolutely needed. Pirates run quiet. Also, mostly is the key word. There are always failsafes, backups, and "manual" controls, as the planet is dusty and things break and have errors at times. This is aimed mostly at "move around" and "keep inhabitants alive", of course.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 24, 2012, 11:17:08 pm »

That's why I suggested we attach a mecha flier to it so it can patch itself in and we can hack from there.

1. build mecha-drone with transcever and the ability to interface with the mining platform
2. send drone to platform to attach itself
3. use drone to hack system
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 25, 2012, 04:13:09 am »

Modified suggestion

Economics

Tech queen, tech drone, war queen:
a) Make advanced powered anti-kinetic AEPS for the war queen, use the best materials available.
b) Make high caliber "can knock heavy tank easily" heavy gun for the queen
c) Make powered AEPS for the new soldiers and commander
d) Produce jumpjet for the new predator
e) Produce more Mechanical Flying Soldiers, optimize them to use our new rockets and make then look like human technology

Nurse, human tech drone:
a)
"3 S-8 Flying Soldier Larvae
2 T-5 Soldier Larvae
3 T-6 Soldier Larvae
1 T-7 Soldier Larvae
1 T-9 Soldier Larvae"

All this larvae will be used in "create ideal mate" plan.

b) Take some sperm (preferably from Stampy), take some eggs (preferably from Stampy's Mate) put it in incubator and try to find ways to speed up  growth of the fertilized egg. Use very small piece of royal jelly for this (Yep, it will probably die, but it's not like we can't afford the loss)

Navigation drones
Work on creating autopilot software for our current and future vehicles

Diggers:
Dig food storage room, preferably in the ice. Food is a vital resource and should be safe

Loyalists, fliers, maybe few soldiers
If we are 100% sure that they are loyal, than i propose to let them create a subhive  somewhere behind enemy lines. this can be done by capturing some of isolated town domes (10 human loyalists carried by flying drones or aircraft and all our flying forces should be enough for the small, not expecting any attack dome. And we can reach even hard to reach places by air. In fact we want hard to reach place, mountain would be ideal) Then they may pretend that nothing happened by replacing the population with loyalists

That base can be used for many tasks

a) We can experiment with surface farming here
b) We may setup communication jamming equipment here
c) We may build long range one time artillery here (it would be ideal to destroy the 5 target in that way  and then either abandon the base because it's detected or mine it to hell and let humans spend resources capturing it while our main base is safe and hidden)
d) We may setup a trap for pirates, by luring large chunk of their forces to the base somehow (Just need to force them to think, that there are something valuable and lightly defended)

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 25, 2012, 04:29:06 am »

Modified suggestion

Economics

a) Make advanced powered anti-kinetic AEPS for the war queen, use the best materials available.
e) Produce more Mechanical Flying Soldiers, optimize them to use our new rockets and make then look like human technology

Nurse, human tech drone:
a)
2 T-5 Soldier Larvae
3 T-6 Soldier Larvae
1 T-7 Soldier Larvae
1 T-9 Soldier Larvae"

b) Take some sperm (preferably from Stampy), take some eggs (preferably from Stampy's Mate) put it in incubator and try to find ways to speed up  growth of the fertilized egg. Use very small piece of royal jelly for this (Yep, it will probably die, but it's not like we can't afford the loss)

Navigation drones

Diggers:
Dig food storage room, preferably in the ice. Food is a vital resource and should be safe

If we are 100% sure that they are loyal, than i propose to let them create a subhive  somewhere behind enemy lines. this can be done by capturing some of isolated town domes (10 human loyalists carried by flying drones or aircraft and all our flying forces should be enough for the small, not expecting any attack dome. And we can reach even hard to reach places by air. In fact we want hard to reach place, mountain would be ideal) Then they may pretend that nothing happened by replacing the population with loyalists

c) We may build long range one time artillery here (it would be ideal to destroy the 5 target in that way  and then either abandon the base because it's detected or mine it to hell and let humans spend resources capturing it while our main base is safe and hidden)
d) We may setup a trap for pirates, by luring large chunk of their forces to the base somehow (Just need to force them to think, that there are something valuable and lightly defended)
Seconded so damn hard.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 25, 2012, 07:31:06 am »

Modified suggestion

Economics

Nurse, human tech drone:
a)
2 T-5 Soldier Larvae
3 T-6 Soldier Larvae
1 T-7 Soldier Larvae
1 T-9 Soldier Larvae"

Navigation drones

Diggers:

Seconded so damn hard.
at dawn we ride! epic!
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 25, 2012, 07:23:31 pm »

Both Queens and the Tech Drone proceed to the Industrial Technology Lab to design a powered suit for the War Queen. Given that the War Queen is large, strong, and durable, it would stand to reason that it could have very heavy armor indeed before it would affect the Queen's maneuverability, as well as far exceeding the safety parameters of the appropriate Soldier-sized suits. With the guidance of the Tech Drone and Queen, We successfully manage to create a working Queen-Sized Heavy Powered Armored Combat Suit.

The Tech Drone oversees the production of another Predator Jumpjet and AEPS for the newly-grown Soldiers, as well as enough for the current Larval soldiers. In the meantime, You and the War Queen proceed to design and build a variety of weaponry that can take advantage of the power output and weight capacity of the Suit - a Medium Pumped High Energy Autocannon, a Pulsed Laser Cutter, a Heavy Multiple Rocket Launcher, a Heavy Railgun, and lastly, a Refined Fuel Thermobaric Grenade Launcher. Obviously, the War Queen cannot wield all of these weapons at once, and tests commence to find what the standard weapon loadout should be.

HE Autocannon
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pulse Laser Cutter

Heavy MLR

Heavy Railgun

Thermobaric Grenade Launcher

The War Queen attaches the Cutter, Grenade Launcher and Autocannon to the suit, and You both wait for the production of AEPS to complete for high production of M-Soldiers. In the meantime, You begin re-designing the current M-Scout to look closer to Human drones while integrating five Thermobaric Explosives, two of the One-Shot Anti-Personnel rockets, and other Human-inspired technology. It looks rather close to Human M-drones, especially from a distance. Close inspection reveals some extra details and parts, but those parts closely resemble existing Human sensor equipment.

You as the War Queen simultaneously discover that the Navigation Drones have created a very crude "autopilot" that mostly drives straight between points A and B; a Human or Drone driver still remains the best option. The Digging Drones have harvested more Ice and have stored the food within. Lastly, the Nurse signals that two S-8 and one T-6 larvae have died from the breeding experiments. On the other hand, one of the T-6 and the T-9 Larvae have been successfully adapted with acid spit.

Last of all, the Nurse and Tech Drone have created a considerable amount of Artificial Wombs for human growth as a Human Zygote matures. The Nurse seems interested by this, and is slowly working on creating its own. The Zygote is placed into the womb in a nutrient mixture of Royal Jelly, given an injection of relevant Kai DNA, and sung to by the Nurse.

By the time this is all completed (aside from the production of M-Scouts), it is midday 19. The War Queen should be ready to breed within the next day or two, as eggs are already forming.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Midday 19
« Reply #689 on: July 25, 2012, 08:29:32 pm »

1 T-9 Soldier Larvae (Small, Improved Hands, Improved Sensory, Intelligent, Winged, Slightly Cold-Tolerant, Slightly Camouflaged,  Partial Regeneration, Slightly Improved Metabolism, Acid Spit)
That is a lot of traits.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57