Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85812 times)

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 12
« Reply #420 on: July 02, 2012, 09:57:36 pm »

Alright then, have our tech drone work out designs for digger vehicles / high explosive pollen bombs.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 02, 2012, 10:06:57 pm »

Are the above ground flowers ready to be pollinated? If so pollinate them only with pollen from fellow above ground flowers.
>Study some of the human corpses  especially those that look like they came from cyberneticly augmented humans.
> periodic exposure of the larva worked last time to bring them to gen 1 tolerance try doing it again with current larva.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:23:47 pm by kopout »
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 02, 2012, 10:32:12 pm »

Flowers can be pollinated while Mature or Active. Post will be coming soon, I'm just tired. The conditioning program is still ongoing. You eat dirt frequently for the eggs, it is mixed in with the Nutrient Slurry, and the larvae are taken outside.

Projected actions:
L3 Tech Drone - Design Vehicle
Drones - Pollinate Aboveground Flowers, Do Nothing

You still need to set the default feeding levels for convenience (eg, mine) and to not have to decide who to feed every night, by the way. It is simpler on me to do it that way instead of just auto-feeding anyone who is Very Hungry.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 11
« Reply #423 on: July 02, 2012, 10:37:38 pm »

I would like to give some jelly to the nurse and build some medical facilities. It would help with preserving damaged drones and analysing biological samples.

Did we ever send a party to the damaged biped facility? I would like to recover resources from that and the site of the battle between the authorities and the pirates. Not that these sites may well be subject to monitoring however...

Attempt to whisper to other humans. Our dependency upon Stampy may result in recycling our entire human supply becoming necessary.

Offer the biped queen an opportunity to start a sub-hive dedicated to producing food for us.

Work on that bacteria tank idea, we could get another queen soon if we had the food reserves to support it.

Build a food storage facility. large enough to support 144 drones for 12 days.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 02, 2012, 10:48:47 pm »

I dont think We have any jelly left to give. The rest of your suggestions are good though. Especially the suggestion to check out the research station, I had forgotten about that. We may be able to get some other plants

I have some questions I would like to ask.
1. When we mate with the spy and the tech drone what quality of each will be passed on?
2. Have the surface flowers produced any pollen? We should keep it separate from underground pollen
3. On the status screen are the eggs listed as just "eggs" eggs that have not been laid?
4. what is the commander egg on the status screen?
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 03, 2012, 12:01:35 am »

The Drones pollinate the aboveground Flowers and avoid self-breeding as You watch the check-up finish. The Weak Human is in poor shape. clearly, and through signals, You come to understand it is malnourished and nearly starving.

Given its near-death state, You try to Whisper to the Weak Human. She starts shrieking and doesn't stop, eyes wide open. Clearly, that idea didn't work. You try to whisper to the Intoxicated Human, and that doesn't work either. The Intoxicated Human is still tripping serious balls under the influence and appears to be not even halfway through the trip.

Stampy makes loud mouth-noises at the Insane Human. You look at Stampy, and he makes the "kill" gesture again.

This time, You send a drone to retrieve a Human Low-Caliber and some ammunition, and suggest to Stampy that it really sounds like his problem to solve, not Ours. The Drone hands him the weapon, and he promptly takes it, aims on the Insane Human, and puts two rounds neatly through her head. The screaming stops. He blows on the barrel, triggers a non-firing mechanism, and offers the weapon back to You. Well, it wouldn't have done him much good anyway, but a captive who chooses to not attempt to harm its captors has SOME level of intelligence. Perhaps Stampy is a Level 3 Soldier Drone. You refuse to take the weapon, and leave, a Drone carrying the body. It should be an interesting experiment, and the Soldier in the room could easily kill Stampy if he tried anything. He makes mouth-noises at the Human Queen and extends his middle digit in the air. A mating ritual, possibly. The Human Queen makes two mouth-noises, and You realize that her first mouth-noise and Stampy's third-mouth noise were "fuck". Many humans have been making this mouth-noise.

You consider asking Stampy what a "fuck" is, but decide to ask later. Possibly some strange deity of their species. You suggest to him that the Queen can grow your Flowers, and Stampy makes a strange mouth-noise and the pleased expression before shaking his head "no" without even asking. Clearly, the Queen wants nothing to do with helping you, and Stampy finds it pointless to ask.

Regardless, You leave and get to work on a Bacteria Vat for the Synthesizer. As the device relies upon bacterial action and chemical processes, the best way You have to improve it is to add a stage and interface with the Molecular Assembler to cultivate the bacteria and kill the incorrect ones. The Hive fairly buzzes with activity as the Tech Drone designs a Stealth Scout Fighter while overseeing the production of the Vehicle Bay. It completes before You do, and the Drone orders a full assembly of Mechanical LSD's before returning to his design.

You finish the Vat and hook it in with some Drones; the assembly completes an hour before the food is delivered, and We recieve 4 Units of Standard-Quality Synthetic Food as well as another unit of Queen's Pollen. The Seeds have grown into Sporifers and all of the laid eggs have hatched. No Larvae have developed yet, although the Predator is getting large and restless.

You reflect upon Your nature. The eggs will bear a mixture of Your traits and those of the Drone in question. If you do not have such a trait, half of the eggs will have the trait and half will not. Each Drone fertilizes an appropriate portion of your Eggs, so half will share traits with You and the Spy Drone, while the other half will share traits with You and the Tech Drone. Eggs are designated as Eggs to indicate their immaturity; as they grow, they become more developed. Incidentally, You feel the need to lay or absorb all of your eggs before fertilization. Reproduction is imperative.

The surface pollen was used in pollinating the surface plants.

You did not investigate the Substation. It is probably beyond repair and recovery, but there may be some machines to gather and Human Food Seeds to get. The presence in your mind of the Flowers seems to be excited by this.

The Commander Drone is the most intelligent of the basic drones, with its own voice, the ability to lead other Drones (especially in the field of its Mother), and with a very limited breeding capability on its own. Like its predecessors, the Commander can harvest elements from anything it can eat or breathe, is poisonous, and otherwise the pinnacle of Our race without Royal Jelly.

Yes, You are poisonous, and harvest elements, too. You note to update your inventory and status with the list of developed technology, and note You may have forgotten to list something.

[You Are:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your Nest
Location - the general area of Here
Outdoors - Virtually Undetectable to Casual Scans
Indoors

You Own

Your food supplies are:
6 Units of Food
14 Units of SQSF

Your food requirements per Hunger Level are:
Drones - 1/10 of a Unit of Food
Soldiers - 4/10 of a Unit of Food
Levels 1-4 - A Unit of Food
Queen - A Unit of Food / Reabsorb 20 Eggs
Level 5 - 2 Units of Food

Your prisoners are:

Your Inventions (new section, correct me if I missed anything)

Your Planets:
Unnamed Yellow Dwarf Sun [Sol]
Unnamed Iron-Rich Cold Partially Terraformed Planet, 4th from Unnamed Sun [Mars]
- Unnamed Moon [Phobos]
- Unnamed Moon [Demios]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 12:06:45 am by Ross Vernal »

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 13
« Reply #426 on: July 03, 2012, 12:12:01 am »

>>:Assist Techdrone with the explosive mining vehicle project

>>:Send more spare drones towards our vehicle manufactoria
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 03, 2012, 01:54:32 am »

We should try to decipher The human language.. This. Casn be done rather easily wiith a computerprogram. We show a picture,they say their word for it. Get the pictures from the web, but make sure thecomp is not connected.

Second. Send scouts to check what lefft of the human agriculture base.They can lootv small things too.

Third, begiin developping a virus to take down human comms

Fourth,turn themagma tubes into a misille launcheer and. Vtol airrcraft airporf. Cloacked from the outside, of courrse.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 03, 2012, 04:30:15 am »

Masters shouldn't learn  language of slaves, slaves should learn language of masters
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 03, 2012, 04:50:23 am »

Masters shouldn't learn  language of slaves, slaves should learn language of masters
The fact that we don't have a language doesn't help there. (Only a physhic hivemind.) Besides, knowing ish alf the battle, being able to decipher human communcations is valuable. Besides, We don't do anything, the computer just makes a language data base.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 03, 2012, 06:35:28 am »

Building an information repository, language included, of the bipeds seems like wisdom.

Collect seeds for them.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 03, 2012, 06:42:54 am »

Building an information repository, language included, of the bipeds seems like wisdom.

Collect seeds for them.
+1
The scout drones and flying warriors shiould go. They are rather fast, and the mech sccouts can look for danger.j

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 03, 2012, 06:54:59 am »

Keep stampy in a sperate cell, he is of more importance, keep the cells connected, only let him in when there is a dispute or something similar among the humans
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 03, 2012, 12:50:28 pm »

You send the Mechanical Scouts ahead of your Flying Soldiers towards the wrecked Substation, given their increased speed and scouting capabilities. The Digging Drones go off to improve the Lava Tubes with plenty of materials for the access points to the Vehicle Bay, preparing a very deep shaft, armored blast doors, a lift, and the capability to fuel and launch rockets/aircraft. The NavDrones, in their steady combing of the Human Administration network, discovered a batch of damaged files in a folder marked "Quarantine." They begin to analyze the strangers and programs for greater access.

You and the Tech Drone spend time with Stampy, showing various images, listening to his response, and reading his handwriting. The Human Tech Drone participates as well, and by the time half the day goes by, You have learned most of these words, as well as other relevant words gathered from things around you. Stampy, of course, tries again to Speak to you, and with Your guidance, begins to develop the ability to send sense-emotions.

True-speak will, of course, take some time, but progress is being made. You Whisper to Stampy that it would be an idea to separate him from the other Humans for his safety. Pictures, sensations, and the mouth-noises "No go with no our Human. No with see Fuck Queen kill our Human from other room" seem to indicate that Stampy is thinking of the safety of his sub-hive.

The Mechanical Scout Drones have arrived at the base. The fly-by indicates several mechanical presences, and the Human MSD performs over-flys while Our M-LSD inspects the building. Many of the Mechanical Repair Drones are offline, but a few are still operational. The Soldiers will arrive in a quarter-day. The M-LSD hovers around lightly, using a mechanical arm to load its storage container with various sealed packaged that appear to contain seeds or spores.

We receive two M-LSD's from the production cycle. The NavDrones have created a Rootkit, but remain working on an innocent-seeming game program in the human languages to disguise it under.

It is mid-day.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 03, 2012, 02:16:50 pm »

Found the human antivirus's quarantine folder, have we? That could certainly be useful.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57