Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: War Thunder: F2P aerial, ground, and naval battles  (Read 19161 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you are looking in that price range, let me stop you and direct you to this: Thrustmaster Hotas X. http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-Flight-Playstation-3/dp/B001CXYMFS/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_0

The stick is amazing and has good ergonomics for small to large hands, has twist but it's not necessary because it also has rudder "pedal" controls on the throttle control. It's also compatable with a bunch of other peripherals.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

I had one of those, and it sucked big-time. It had absolutely horrible precision, but it could've been a faulty unit!

I also started out with a Logitech Attack 3, which has very nice precision and is overall a very good joystick for the price range, BUT it has no twist axis, which ruins it. However, the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro seems to have it according to this, but I've never tried one of those.

I was using a Logitech T16000m which had amazing precision before I switched to a CH Fighterstick + CH Rudder pedals. The precision on these is a bit worse than the T16000m, but good enough, and they apparently last a lifetime.

Also, those are pretty nasty prices, unless you Aussies make tons of money... :( Anything else cheaper, maybe online or so?

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have an attack 3! I've had it for years to play Mechwarrior 4 and only one button is flaky now (the left front large button, I used it for jump-jets). I got it nice and cheap, so I can't complain. I thought that twist was a fancy, high-end thing though, so I must not be a real conniseur of these things!  ;D

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had a logitech 3d but the spring in it snapped 4 months into it. Perhaps I bought a unit that had been on the shelf too long? It seems we are up to the mercy of random chance and quality control. I think if you buy a modern saitek, logitech or thrustmaster for more than $40 you should be fine.

And if you want to buy me this I won't object. http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Hotas-Warthog-Joystick-2960720/dp/B00419ZUXS/ref=pd_sim_e_6
Only a simple mind can be certain.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I've checked all the joysticks mentioned and concluded Saitek Aviator is my preference.

The cheapest I could find is $56 from the UK (free shipping) so I am holding back til I can find a better deal.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello guys, sorry for bumping the thread but I finally found a reputable shop in Aussie selling joysticks for reasonable prices (and free postage!).

Among the limited options they offer and due my budget constraint, I decided to settle with Thrustmaster T16000M. Cost me $51. :)

Looking forward to playing some flight sims with you folks.

Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile

My life's been sorta hectic, but I'd be happy to fly with B12 people :) I usually do full-real IL-2 on the Warbids of Prey servers, but that could be a tad hard for someone who hasn't flown before. I'm sure there's other servers we can use for training!

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No rush since the stick is not arriving til 2 weeks from now. :P

Are you interested in playing Rise of Flight by any chance?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile

My computer runs it rather slow, but I can try installing it again. Perhaps the patches have helped somewhat, but I doubt it :)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rise of Flight is pay to win? Alas.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile

It's not pay-to-win, it's pay-to-variety as far as I'm concerned, but I'm not overly into WWI aviation to know enough. As in WWII though, I'm fairly sure no single plane is better than all the others.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder: World of Planes - Free-to-Play MMO flight simulator
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2012, 04:53:05 am »

I like all the planes I'm seeing, but I don't like to see them all fighting each other, nor some of the skins... it makes no sense. I'm getting more and more afraid this is gonna be all style, no substance... :(

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2012, 05:09:15 am »

Pretty sure it's not going to be hardcore sim as you pointed out before. It's catering for broader audience, including new entrants to flight sim. It's getting a lot of coverage in SimHQ with some of the admins and members close-beta testing the game and they're pretty hardcore flight sim players, so it seems that Gaijin has drawn the line between realism and fun correctly.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2012, 05:21:46 am »

Well guess what, found a Livestream with full realism mode 2 hours long. Too bad it's in Russian but hey, still worth watching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4qqQqFRHbs&feature=relmfu

Also this game has PvE mode and mission editor. It also can be played online. Seems Gaijin is taking the 777 Studios' Rise of Flight approach.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5