Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You are a Nanowarrior  (Read 2079 times)

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
You are a Nanowarrior
« on: June 22, 2012, 05:39:26 pm »

Hello I have created a long trail of failed forum games that were the result of mild creativity on my part. Now I will proceed to rip-off the entire nanobot series.

3 things you should know:

I will try to make this as accurate as possible.

The above rule has exception in the main controllers one of which you will be playing as.

You are at war with other controllers.

Also you may or may not be on Earth, as you destroy controllers you will learn more.

Online. You hit the ground at first light your raindrop transport to ground at its brothers have stopped falling.

You are simply Controller 150097, you hold a fourth of the cipher and thanks to a subatomic quantum computer nicknamed author laziness you are a nano-bot with sentience and semi-directed randomness a.k.a. creativity. You are not capable of replicating yourself. You can make less advanced robots. Your sensors detect a large amount of concrete and carbon fibers nearby. Query how shall you proceed?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 05:41:09 pm by SoHowAreYou »
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Nanowarrior
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 05:53:35 pm »

Online. You hit the ground at first light your raindrop transport to ground at its brothers have stopped falling.

Um. What? What I'm getting from this sentence is that you landed at dawn and it just stopped raining. Is that accurate?

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 06:02:34 pm »

English is not my strong suit and I terrible with words but that is what I meant. Thanks to acts by the GM god ie. me. I can have this wonderful sequence.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 08:12:21 pm »

Guys I will pay hot... huh? Shakes head this is not youtube. So what do you guys want? If you say context you will learn as you go on.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 03:30:58 pm »

Last try after this it dies. Or alternatively goes to creative projects to become a story about the machine overseeing a technological war against other nanobots. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 03:35:11 pm by SoHowAreYou »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 03:36:19 pm »

Use carbon and concrete to form a large "robot suit" which replies to your commands while you ride inside.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 03:38:38 pm »

By the time we finish assembly other machines would of attacked and macroscopic warfare isn't exactly going to do well against machine which can multiply by consuming you.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 03:41:09 pm »

In that case, make a robot that makes other robots. Make another one that harvests resources, and spend some time pondering what sort of robots you want your robot to make, as well as what exactly you can build that would be of help.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 03:47:36 pm »

Using the nearby carbon you build incredibly versatile machines to gather and replicate you make two. However as you burrow in you come face to face with a bacteria.

Thank you for posting.

You can radio your peeps for assistance.

Time for logistics:

You are totally capable of full operation using static, furnaces and the sun for power, however your bots aren't the current ones are using sunlight but will have to shut down soon to recharge.

Large power stations will be needed to wage this war and you will need electrical and communications lines to have your bots working effectively.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 03:56:06 pm »

Examine bacteria to see if it is dangerous and what traits would be beneficial to adapt.

If so, retreat, call for help and consume it with your buddies; if not, build some basic killbots and proceed with the killing.

After that, begin infrastructure construction.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 04:00:45 pm »

You quickly stick your arms through the bacteria and find: 6 DNA/RNA types (pro-tip it is safe to say you aren't on Earth) 32 amino acid types and 3 carbohydrate types. You can convert the bacteria into power in you furnace or do that but also use amino acids with experimentation and learn to make nanobots with them. What kind of infrastructure?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 04:03:22 pm »

We need an easy power source. Since we are truly microscopic, we should try to build a pilar of any conductive metal. As it is moved in the air, it wil move through any magnetic field(Even the planet's one might do it.). This will create electromagnetic power. It might not be much, but it'll be enough for now.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 04:05:37 pm »

Experiment to make more nanobots.

Make large conductive arrays that are thin and capable of movement to generate power from both the air current, ambient electricity, and maybe the sun if we can do so easily. If not, just the motion and electromag power.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 04:07:56 pm »

Metal? if you haven't noticed there is none around you, your bots are pure carbon which means that they aren't the best so they use light. You on the other hand are the biggest piece of Clarke's tech and may or may not be able to construct something later on which will allow a nice source of metal if you dedicate yourself.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 04:12:49 pm »

Check to see if we can manipulate the carbon into graphite form.

In the meantime, examine the concrete thoroughly to see if we can find quartz or any sort of useful minerals in the concrete. If not.... well, I don't know. Generate a few new 'bots using bacteria as an example, then proceed to a new area.
Pages: [1] 2