Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Merchants not leaving  (Read 4397 times)

Dwarfinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Merchants not leaving
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 08:41:57 am »

Does anyone still trade with the merchants? I just use the deconstruct trade depot exploit. Works every time.
Mwah ha ha ha ha....

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 09:18:17 am »

If you like stealing 90% useless stuff...
And destroying your own excess items, since you don't trade it away...
And caravans never bringing anything good, ever, since they are too poor...
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 09:28:58 am »

changing humans to come in spring, elf in summer, I'm getting tired of colliding wagons
Do they collide in the depot, or only when both wagons are moving? Wagons have to enter the map by certain tiles, but they can leave by any edge tile. Making an exit route somewhere that's more attractive than the one they came in by would keep the wagons from driving into each other.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2012, 10:08:45 am »

the dwarf caravan is usually halfway to the depot when the humans leave, often causing them to collide in the tunnels. My other solution so far has been to make some "moveable walls" with bridges to give enough space, but it is seriously annoying
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2012, 06:12:02 pm »

I figure since I can afford everything I want with stone crafts, it gives me plenty of gems to use for encrusting... And I need those caravans for flux stones and wood (I gotta make barrels faster than trees can grow to keep my booze coming in)... And animal cages never go astray... I like breeding just for the bones for my archers to practice with
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 06:14:04 pm »

tried rock pots for booze yet? I realize stone is rarer though

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 06:55:06 pm »

Rock pots for booze??? Hell yeah! Save on wood

I'm thinking I may have missed an update, because stone is extremely abundant for me... Something changed recently?
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 08:26:51 pm »

Rock pots for booze??? Hell yeah! Save on wood

I'm thinking I may have missed an update, because stone is extremely abundant for me... Something changed recently?
One of the 0.34.x updates changed the drop rate for mined boulders to 25% regardless of miner skill.  At the same time, however, one boulder is turned into four rock blocks by a mason now.

Stone pots got added shortly before 0.31.25 (.18?) and work just like barrels but require a stone block to be made.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2012, 09:20:34 pm »

I'm on 31.25 I believe... I'll update once i have too much fun with this fortress

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2012, 07:29:33 pm »

lots of the updates are great. Especially the fact you don't have to mod out all the exotic tags anymore, dwarfs wear clothes again, so they will finally not all contract syndromes by walking through contaminated blodd puddles. On the other hand, now you got to provide them with clothes. Wheelbarrows seem to cause all kinds of problems, but minecarts are awesome, though the most applauded use is as a WMD

another great update is selective stockpile usage by workshops, though this generates as much troubles as it prevents
Pages: 1 [2]