Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Merchants not leaving  (Read 4398 times)

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Merchants not leaving
« on: June 22, 2012, 06:48:21 am »

Simple as that. I got given the message "the merchants from ... have embarked on their journey" a while ago, and I check back to see that they're still on the map, casually filling up my trade depot. There is wagon access for them to leave, so I don't know why they are still there. Is it just a case of wait longer still, have I done something wrong, or is there a bug in the game?
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Merchants not leaving
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 09:11:04 am »

Are you sure they have access to leave?

The only time I've seen that I'd built a trap in their path while they were there. They can't cross traps.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 09:22:01 am »

Did you give them a whole lot of individual items? They take a while to pack up in that case, and the glitch where mouse designating during merchant packup (or military training, or liaison meetings) makes time advance just for that no longer exists.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Sabreur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 09:25:00 am »

Not sure if this is a cheat or not, but here's how to make them actually start moving:

1.  Pause the game.
2.  Pick a spot next to the merchants to dig or channel using your mouse.
3.  Hold down the mouse.  The merchants should flash rapidly, then stop after thirty seconds or so.
4.  Undesignate and unpause.  The merchants will immediately begin moving off the map.

ZeroSumHappiness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 09:43:24 am »

Toady has had that exploit on the todo list.  Off the top of my head I'm not sure if it's supposed to happen in some later release or if it has already been fixed in 34.11 or earlier though.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 10:05:30 am »

Simple as that. I got given the message "the merchants from ... have embarked on their journey" a while ago, and I check back to see that they're still on the map, casually filling up my trade depot. There is wagon access for them to leave, so I don't know why they are still there. Is it just a case of wait longer still, have I done something wrong, or is there a bug in the game?

Are there still merchant trade goods in your depot?

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 10:06:32 pm »

I haven't had a chance to play since posting this... however, it may be cause they are taking ages to pack up... I did give them over 7000 worth of finished goods, not in a bin, as a donation, as well as paying for all the animals I bought from them with small finished goods... I'll hang around for another few days and see if they move off :)
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 10:09:40 pm »

Not sure if this is a cheat or not, but here's how to make them actually start moving:

1.  Pause the game.
2.  Pick a spot next to the merchants to dig or channel using your mouse.
3.  Hold down the mouse.  The merchants should flash rapidly, then stop after thirty seconds or so.
4.  Undesignate and unpause.  The merchants will immediately begin moving off the map.
The draw back to this method is that any cats take this time to decide which dwarf to torment imprint on.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 12:18:51 am »

Off the top of my head I'm not sure if it's supposed to happen in some later release or if it has already been fixed in 34.11 or earlier though.
The glitch where mouse designating during merchant packup (or military training, or liaison meetings) makes time advance just for that no longer exists.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 01:48:38 am »

My guess is they just have a lot to pack, it can take a couple months if you go overboard sometimes.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 07:11:42 am »

I believe it was just taking them too long to pack up... I mean, they did have hundreds of small crafts without a bin (hey, I'm stingy, leave me along), and they've left now, so I should remember that for future :p

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 07:22:00 am »

Off the top of my head I'm not sure if it's supposed to happen in some later release or if it has already been fixed in 34.11 or earlier though.
The glitch where mouse designating during merchant packup (or military training, or liaison meetings) makes time advance just for that no longer exists.

changing humans to come in spring, elf in summer, I'm getting tired of colliding wagons
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

terko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 07:43:17 am »

You can also forbid the trade depot and gone they are. Negative side effect: all stuff not loaded up yet stays and you can trade it again. You can also mass forbid everything in the trade depot with d-b-f and they leave instantly (after announcing that they are leaving), taking nothing with them, leaving everything behind.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 08:14:28 am »

You can also forbid the trade depot and gone they are. Negative side effect: all stuff not loaded up yet stays and you can trade it again. You can also mass forbid everything in the trade depot with d-b-f and they leave instantly (after announcing that they are leaving), taking nothing with them, leaving everything behind.

Does that mean you can get all their items for free?

terko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 08:39:01 am »

Yes, if you forbid everything after they've announced to leave. But be warned: this causes serious clutter with items you might not want to have. Though it's nice to 'rob' the human caravan before the 2nd dwarfen one arrives with all the ordered stuff a year ago. Nasty exploit, but you may call it 'dwarfy'.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...
Pages: [1] 2