Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Would you eat this?  (Read 4727 times)

dizzyelk

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes kittens for their delicious roasts.
    • View Profile
Re: Would you eat this?
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2012, 08:14:18 pm »

Nothing better than roasted minced flour on your strawberries.

I think of stuff like that as the Dwarven version of bread crumbs. Unleavened dough made of nothing but flour and water, roasted, and the dwarves have to mince since they have no graters.

Anything with unicorn meat.

That's the whole reason I embark on good regions. And I imagine that unicorn soap gets you extra clean.
Dwarf Fortress - Bringing out the evil in people since 2006.
Somehow, that fills me more with dread than anticipation.  It's like being told that someone's exhuming your favorite grandparent and they're going to try to make her into a cyborg stripper.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: Would you eat this?
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2012, 03:55:32 am »

Remember the days of boozecooking when our dwarves could make roasts out of syrup and 3 different kinds of booze? Classy

My favorite was a stew made of dwarven beer, dwarven rum and plumphelmets. It was one of the most dwarfy things I had seen.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist
Pages: 1 2 [3]