Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Would you eat this?  (Read 4728 times)

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
Would you eat this?
« on: June 21, 2012, 03:14:30 pm »

Ingredients: polar bear meat, cave lobster, honeybee royal jelly, honey.

Aside from the preparation method, and the fact I have no idea what polar bear meat tastes like, I would so eat this.  Better than a forgotten beast tallow roast for sure.  It's a masterwork meal as well.

Have you noticed your dwarves making things that sound exceptionally good versus the usual tripe-and-eyeball roasts?
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Would you eat this?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 03:44:27 pm »

I don't like honey, no.

I'd rather eat a roast made from wild strawberries, flour, sugar and more wild strawberries. Which my dwarves actually prepared.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 03:46:42 pm »

Nothing better than roasted minced flour on your strawberries.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 03:49:31 pm »

Eggs, plump helmets, quarry bush leaves and pig tallow make an excellent omelet. I would totally eat that omelet. I make omelets with mushrooms, spinach and bacon and they are super delicious!

Actually, cutting flour with shortening, oats, sugar and cinnamon, spreading it on fruit, and baking it is pretty good. That's basically roasted minced flour, with a few additions.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 04:18:34 pm »

My dwarves occasionally make cheesecake, with cheese, eggs, and two different flours or nuts.

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 04:29:10 pm »

Fun Fact I: polar bear meat often carries a parasite that is harmful to humans.

Fun Fact II: polar bear liver carries too much vitamin A for the human body to handle.

I got nuthin' for the shellfish or bee-products.

Edit: My fortress usually comes up with scrumptious wine and fat biscuits. :-\
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 04:31:50 pm by Headhanger »

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 05:29:37 pm »

Well considering that I might be eating live goldfish at work for a bonus...probably.
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 05:42:13 pm »

Well considering that I might be eating live goldfish at work for a bonus...probably.

Where the hell do you work?!
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 05:44:37 pm »

Where the hell do you work?!
A mortgage broker.  One guy got paid 300 to get shot with 100-150 paintballs.  xD
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 08:23:31 pm »

Ow. :o

My dwarves don't ever make cooked food. Or alcohol. I pay more attention to furnishing my dining room.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 11:28:41 pm »

Im guessing it would taste like glazed ham, only with a much much stronger flavor and lobster meat surrounding it. Heart attack in the making but I would not mind giving it a bite.

My dwarves only ever make prepared forgotten beast heart roasts, mixed with naked mole dog brains, tripe and meat.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 12:00:54 am »

Ingredients: polar bear meat, cave lobster, honeybee royal jelly, honey.

Aside from the preparation method, and the fact I have no idea what polar bear meat tastes like, I would so eat this.  Better than a forgotten beast tallow roast for sure.  It's a masterwork meal as well.

Have you noticed your dwarves making things that sound exceptionally good versus the usual tripe-and-eyeball roasts?
looks quite appetizing for me, and as for parasites and vitamin A things, there's nothing a good bottle of dwarven rum and a [RELSIZE:300] liver can't handle.
but how about floating guts prepared intestines roast with some crundle tallow heh?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 12:05:46 am »

Eggs, plump helmets, quarry bush leaves and pig tallow make an excellent omelet. I would totally eat that omelet. I make omelets with mushrooms, spinach and bacon and they are super delicious!

Actually, cutting flour with shortening, oats, sugar and cinnamon, spreading it on fruit, and baking it is pretty good. That's basically roasted minced flour, with a few additions.

I thought pig tallow was made from pig fat, you would eat pure fat on your omelet?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 12:36:19 am »

I thought pig tallow was made from pig fat, you would eat pure fat on your omelet?
After you melt it down it wouldn't be that different from cooking with bacon grease, which I could see somebody cooking an omelet in.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 01:44:04 am »

Adding lard isn't that odd. If you've eaten real Mexican food there was a dollop of the stuff somewhere in the dish.
Quote from: Spambot
Becoming a software engineering is not a piece of cake that you can slice it off a plate and gorge on it.
Pages: [1] 2 3