Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Berserk based adventure?  (Read 5148 times)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Berserk based adventure?
« on: June 20, 2012, 09:12:08 pm »

Well I recently finished my Fist of the north star and conan based adventures, so I am going to try a Berserk one. Any suggestions or challenges before I start slaying apostles with thrown vomit?
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Berserk based adventure?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 09:14:06 pm »

You must throw anything you find.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

axeman157

• Bay Watcher
  • ...And my Mi-Go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 10:25:58 pm »

How does a Conan the barbarian and a Fist of the North Star playthrough work?

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 10:39:25 pm »

I would assume dual wielding axes, and punching the living fuck out of everything, respectively.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 10:43:44 pm »

Modded in specialized a"technique" reactions that cause syndromes along with post-apoc mod for fotns and vanilla demigod outsider with dual greatswords.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 07:08:05 pm »

Also, it seems like everyone in the world is like Guts, as night creature seem to love attacking without exception.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 07:25:08 pm »

A Mike Haggar playthrough.

Only allowed non-metal trousers/pants, no upper bodywear, headwear and you're only allowed to do wrestling moves.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 09:12:48 pm »

No sleeping inside. You should be fighting bogeymen every night.
You must find a fairy or pixie and keep it in your inventory at all times. It must provide unfunny and annoying comic relief.
Two handed sword. Or, you might mod in something (absurdly) larger. No shield. Iron plate. Cape.
You might somehow give yourself an interaction that gives you trances and crazed for a short while. Ideally you'd also get rage prone, but you'd have to transform into something with it or play as a customized race.
Get as many scars as possible. Bonus points for missing hand and eye.

Make adventurer B, then retire.
Make adventurer A, recruit B and a selection of other npcs. Get them fairly skilled-up and go on heroic quests with your merry band.
Become a vampire necromancer with A, summon a bunch of zombie monsters to rip all your friends apart except B and maybe one female follower. (It might work best to summon them and then retire immediately, then switch to B)
Switch to B, track down A and kill him.

Also, this should take you about 30 years.

EDIT: I tried to play a BLAME! based adventure once, but I got bored before I'd walked even one AU.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 03:50:15 pm by Hylas »

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 01:00:00 am »

This gave me an idea: Tarzan Playthough. I'll have to recheck the books, see if he ever wore armor when chance offered in arcane lands...
But I believe his standard loadout was a steel knife, a loincloth, a rope. Frequently also a hand made set of bow and arrows and a light spear. If I recall.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 01:35:23 pm »

When you become enraged, go full berserker. Attack the closest thing to you, after all, you're a berserker, you can't tell between friend and foe.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 01:41:23 pm »

Bisectable Donkey/Horse Demons.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How does a Conan the barbarian and a Fist of the North Star playthrough work?
It wouldn't, you would
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 07:40:29 pm »

I had modded in some content from conan once like cultist(human) boogeymen, and lotus flowers.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:43:35 pm by Courtesy Arloban »
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 08:49:59 pm »

Speaking of Tarzan, why not another hero by the same guy? A certain badass ex-Confederate Calvary officer?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 04:14:27 pm »

It wouldn't, you would

::)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 11:45:07 pm »

Speaking of Tarzan, why not another hero by the same guy? A certain badass ex-Confederate Calvary officer?

Pages: [1] 2