Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Kobolds be able to dig everything?

Yes, but have Indigo's SCIENCE encourage suface living
- 8 (22.2%)
Yes, but they can't learn mining. Kobolds live in caves why should they be affected.
- 13 (36.1%)
No, They only have Shovels. So soil is good enough, embark on a cave or old fortress.
- 15 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: July 05, 2012, 12:32:52 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: [Kobold Camp 2012] Head for Lago's Thread, it's more updated  (Read 14163 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Kobold Camp Version 1.5 for DF 34.11 in progress
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2012, 11:24:19 pm »

Tried a test run. Since bolds have no way of making metal I have to give them special reactions to make bars of copper, and Crude metals.

Ok...

Got metals in, Crude copper, iron, bronze, silver, and steel are a go. I don't know about other races tho :P could have invading humans with nothing but their clothes.

I will do a quick test make sure things work. Then un-elglantly put out a alpha, Inwhich I hope lots of bugs and feedback of improvements will be made. I've been modded out.

Just give me some time, and a hacked together, but working version will be up
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:40:41 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp Version 1.5 for DF 34.11 in progress
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 01:36:47 am »

Ok sorry for having something os Hacked together, but come and get it. And tell me what needs a fixin.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6566

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp Version 1.5 for DF 34.11 (alpha) beware the !!BUGS!!
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2012, 07:02:25 am »

Suggestion: Call it something like Kobold Camp 2012, to distinguish it from the original.
Also, any idea how to fix the graphics issue mentioned?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2012, 11:10:15 am »

"A small, squat humanoid with large pointy ears and yellow glowing eyes."
:(
R.I.P. Cutebolds.

Also, do kobolds currently have a way to execute criminals, vampires and such? If not, the warband marshall or head kobold could be given the job of executing criminals, probably with the dagger skill.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:12:12 am by DarthBoogalo »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2012, 12:06:44 pm »

Suggestion: Call it something like Kobold Camp 2012, to distinguish it from the original.
Also, any idea how to fix the graphics issue mentioned?
Sure thing

And for the graphics, I have to go through and remove all instances of SKELETON and ZOMBIE in the grapghic.txts. I think only the critters have it. I was trying but every darn creature has it (since this is a old KC graphics files)
"A small, squat humanoid with large pointy ears and yellow glowing eyes."
:(
R.I.P. Cutebolds.

Also, do kobolds currently have a way to execute criminals, vampires and such? If not, the warband marshall or head kobold could be given the job of executing criminals, probably with the dagger skill.
Damn how did I get vanilla Kobolds? I thought I had dragged the cutebold version over.

Ok so new list, that I will try:

EDIT:
EDIT2:
Fixed errorlog spam from SKELETON and ZOMBIE tags - DONE
Restore Cutebolds - DONE
Give a noble excution roles. - Shaman uses daggers for executions, and Warband Marchals handle normal law

EDIT:3
Anyone else find any oddies that need fixed?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:04:08 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

JackSlinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for updating this, I would suggest having both dwarves and kobold races as playable in the mod by default (although you do need to swap the soil file when you want to swap race)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Hmm... I could package a Combo pack with it, where the other one allows dwarves and kobolds, removing the UNDIGGABLE from the STONE_TEMPLATE.

Acually this is all that needs to be changed for that

Code: (Entity_standard) [Select]
[ENTITY:MOUNTAIN]
CIV_CONTROLLABLE] --- Add a "[" to the front of this
[CREATURE:DWARF]
[TRANSLATION:DWARF]
[DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_BATTLE]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR]

Code: (material_template_default) [Select]
[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
These are the state names, adjectives and colors for the material.
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:GRAY]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:stone]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:stone]
             -snip-
[MAX_EDGE:1000]
Used for pressing oil into jugs -- anything greater than zero needs to be glazed first.
[ABSORPTION:0]
Determines what sorts of objects can be built with the item.
[ITEMS_HARD]
[ITEMS_QUERN]
[UNDIGGABLE] --- Remove this
[REACTION_CLASS:CAN_GLAZE]

I still need to make copper, gold? and whatever that other surface mineral diggable. Better yet why not make all Metal ores have the SOIL_TEMPLATE with a IS_STONE slapped on. that why by shear luck you find a ore vein sticking out you can dig it

Also is that old glitch still in where you can force channel down through undiggable stuff?

EDIT:
No problem ;)

JackSlinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I recommend making metal ore mine able as it makes embarking on caves or reclaiming dwarven forts good to get down to the caverns.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

Is the idea to keep kobolds away from stone, or to keep them from living in an underground fortress?  If you want, you could make stone diggable and keep the 'bolds living above ground via a cave-adaptation linked COUNTER_TRIGGER syndrome instead.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

@IndigoFenix
Thats actually a brilliant idea. Have it so that when a bold begins to Adapt to caves its gets all sorts of nasty side effects, possibly loss of sight, mild pain, nausea and such?

I usually just embark on aquifer areas to keep them from digging into the earth heh although... there was one time when the place i settled was about 5 layers above a caveren... so when i struck the aquifer, we were attacked by a Cave Crocodile...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:34:21 am by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

@JackSlinger
I will make Ores diggable then, for the chance that yuo can get your paws on some ore.

@IndigoFenix
You know I saw your SCIENCE on that reguard back on the "CE:COUNTER what does it doe" thread thing. And that tactic has crossed my mind, but Kobolds live in caves... So should they not be used to cavern life?

I will make a poll on this matter.

OK Poll is up and will last 10 days.
Gives everyone time to vote and shout out issues, and suggestions.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 12:34:08 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile

I'd say let them dig everything, but be unable to learn mining, making said digging painfully slow, but possible.
Lately I've been doing nothing but aboveground settlements no matter what mod I'm playing, I like building things I suppose, if a player wants kobold camp with only soil digging, they can dig only soil, can't they? There is nothing to keep them from modding the game so they can dig anywhere anyway.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

It is a good point :P But I am Modding for the ones that love Kobold Camp, and are die hard about keeping it as koboldy as it can be.

So I must allow the votes to decide :P

EDIT:
Have plans on a way to make water drinkable from barrels. Don't know how many would find that useful. Just thought I throw that out there.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:35:12 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Barrelled water sounds pretty useful to me if it works correctly. In a freezing biome with only pools, for instance.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

I know water to buckets works just fine for medical, and tests with water to barrels works as a drink. Thing is, I don't know how I would properly allow kobolds to get this "magic" water since it is a reaction that makes water from nothing (atm) I have 2-3 routes:

Press water from plants - Buckets/barrels
Pray at a shrine for water - buckets/barrels
Put water from bucket in barrel - what it says on the tin, but you need a bucketfull of water first.

and a forth I just thought of

Thaw ice - Bucket/Barrel.
But Ice is not unlimited in glaciers, and living above the ground is too cold and would freeze all barrelled water :/

Also so far everyone is voting for undiggable stone. But I will still allow metal bearing ore mine-able. I guess hollowed out ore-veins can be koboldy. But it is only a guess, and I can't just go about un-bolding KC.

So maybe no mine-able ores, But you can still break down metal weapons/armor for chunks (unless that is horribly bugged) and... I think I put the cold hammer reactions in for making crude weapons and armor. I got lazy and did a generic "Grab any metal chunk, and make something from that" Hint for those that can micromanage exploits. If you have only 3 steel chunks laying around, you can make 3 crude steel items. because the material is taken from the first grabbed chunk ;)

I can try and make seperate reactions for making things from crude metal "Make crude iron machete" and so on and so forth. That would remove exploits, but I don't know what kindof workshop I should make? Kobold Forge? Cold-Hammer Station? Metal Bender's Shop? Maybe a Cold Kobold Bender Station... ok that doesn't sound right.

Reason for me tossing these things out there is because I'm done with my break, and looking for things I can improve KC with once I am done updating it and not an alpha.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6