Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creature size and armor weight?  (Read 666 times)

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
Creature size and armor weight?
« on: June 20, 2012, 10:01:51 am »

I think this happened at the same time as the hauling update; not sure exactly when, as I skipped 34.08-10.

I'm playing with a pony mod and, therefore, have creatures with larger than normal body size. It differs from 150K to 350K, with different castes.

Th problem is that, in a 34.11 game, I can't put a full set of armor on a soldier. If I do, they slow to a crawl. If I only put mail armor on them, they also slow. No one is 'weak'; the only one who seems to move at normal speed is 'mighty'.

What to do?

Brandstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Come hug me bro
    • View Profile
Re: Creature size and armor weight?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 11:38:37 am »

I think you just need to scale their strength up to match their size. I'm not super familiar with modding creatures though, so I may be wrong. Taking a look at the creature token page on the wiki PHYS_ATT_RANGE and maybe PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC are the tags you should be interested in. Looking at the attribute page on the wiki 'mighty' has a range of 2000-2249 so you might want to set your minimum to maybe 1750, but that is just a guess.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 01:34:29 pm »

Mmm... Reducing the size of the pony to reduce the size of the armor, while simultaneously increasing strength reasonably, kinda does not work. :/

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 01:38:14 pm »

Doesn't Armor User skill fight exactly that effect? How's your training regimen?