Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: X-Com: The Two Sides [Human Thread] /3.0\  (Read 8448 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com: The Two Sides [Human Thread] /3.0\
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 09:33:41 am »

I'll take Siegfried the Coward.  Those who know their German Operas/Folklore will appreciate the irony.

I'd request his name be changed to Siegfried EuchreJack.  As mentioned, I love the irony of his name combined with really low bravery.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 05:31:26 pm »

This may appear to be dieing, but it's not! I swear.  :P

Pies is having some RL issues I wasn't aware of until recently, so this may be put on hold for a few weeks. Or maybe until tomorrow. It's up to Pies.

Until then, I'd figure I could do a temporary single player LP. I don't particularly care about winning, so any equipment can go. Same game, normal difficulty (because the AI cheats hard on hard. It's not much fun, imo.)

I'll be working on the update in a moment.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 07:48:29 pm »

So X-com associates, what do we do with all this money?

Also, I'm not bothering to post soldiers for this little mini-LP. Just tell me what you want and I'll match it up as close as I can.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 07:50:27 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 03:24:20 pm »

Damn it. How do you get motion sensors to work! Divulge your secrets Orb! Divulge them!

*Ahem* Sorry about that.

The phat loot extra money should be invested into a new base. Said base should probably be next to or near the alien base, so that you can blockade it once you get better aircraft and a hyperwave decoder. Unless you're planning to storm the alien base in March, in which case the new base should be in the US or something. It wouldn't particularly matter afterwards anyways..

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2012, 04:39:23 pm »

Damn it. How do you get motion sensors to work! Divulge your secrets Orb! Divulge them!

D:

The aliens has to move on his turn(all aliens move at battle start, so you can use it on turn 1). Then, you select the guy with the motion sensor and presto! Alien revealed. The motion sensors has to be on, also, in an active hand.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2012, 05:43:46 pm »

Can you just turn it on and leave it on for the duration of the mission, or do you have to toggle it each turn?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2012, 05:50:28 pm »

Can you just turn it on and leave it on for the duration of the mission, or do you have to toggle it each turn?

It stays on. Often times I'll turn one on and chuck it to one of my forward troops, to get immediate scouting info without having to waste 10 TUs for the forward troop, besides the TUs to pick it up.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2012, 06:05:55 pm »

Then obviously my aliens were patient dickbags and waited till I chucked the scanners away in rage before moving around. Anyways thanks for the help, Orb.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2012, 05:00:47 pm »

Bump.

I've finally seen the motion sensor at work. The problem was that its range is so pittifully short, but I never clustered my detectors around the UFO before.

Also, I've been dreaming about X-COM. Either I should be playing less of it, or more. Probably more.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 09:12:29 pm »

I've been hesitant in poking Burnt Pies. I figured she would poke me when she's ready.

I'll give her a poke in a few days.

On the other hand, I could continue the Single Player LP. I had forgotten how stupid the AI was, and all it was serving to do was burning me out (A very serious danger when running LPs). With little interest in it, I kind of let it die on purpose.

I've also been distracted running this and catching a serial murderer in this. I'll also note I think my team mates are going to get more kills than the serial murderer himself. They've already orphaned a child.  :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 09:46:38 pm »

Odd I don't remember X-com looking so good...

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 09:52:02 pm »

Odd I don't remember X-com looking so good...

That's because it didn't.  :P

This was a complete remake from the ground up. Only a few graphics come from the original.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2012, 10:44:39 pm »

Oooh, this lives again!  :D

Requesting naming as Diceclone 001.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 02:09:46 am »

I'll request a naming as well, Stone Cold.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 11:35:30 am »

While Burnt Pies didn't explicitly say so, I'm getting the feeling she's just not up to playing X-com, which I can understand. So, this is probably not alive again, and won't be for maybe a month or never.

However, I did just buy the X-Com Complete Pack, and would be willing to do an LP of any of them at any difficulty, of course. It would be almost completely blind (I've played about 5 minutes of each game for curiosity's sake). Though I am trudging my way along in UFO Defence, almost beat it on genius.

X-Com: UFO Defense (Preferably not. The controls are clunky and I've already am on the verge of victory)
X-Com: Terror From the Deep (X-Com...underwater. Like, I couldn't find much difference at all. I was also disappointed that my subs could go through land. Nevertheless, I've heard a lot about it's difficulty, so that's interesting in itself. It's also a lot more smooth than UFO Defense)
X-Com: Enforcer
X-Com: Apocalypse (Looks completely different from the others, and makes me feel like I'm playing Sim City 4 again. Hopefully I don't end up being the apocalypse, like I am in Sim City 4 with volcanoes and giant robot dinosaurs. This is probably the most blind out of all the games, since I haven't read an LP of it)
X-Com: Interceptor (We already have an LP of this, so this would also be a preferably not. It's also MUCH better than anything I could do)

So, that leaves X-Com:TFTD and X-Com: Apocalypse. Would there be interest in either one of those?
Pages: 1 [2] 3