Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bogeymen =(  (Read 4689 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Bogeymen =(
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 03:52:24 pm »

With how difficult and ubiquitous bogeymen are in DF right now, I cannot possibly understand how people in that world can actually live.
With metal and blood.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 03:59:03 pm »

With how difficult and ubiquitous bogeymen are in DF right now, I cannot possibly understand how people in that world can actually live.

My Theory is that Boogeymen don't exist. They are simply a manifestation of your insanity.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 04:29:00 pm »

Fall asleep alone in the middle of a (populated) marketplace. Hilarity will ensue.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 01:10:34 am »

The char im currently playing started with an iron halberd (demigod for the record), i ended up getting caught out by bogeymen and the first thing i thought was "oh no, im losing another new adventurer to these bastards". I wouldn't say i wiped the floor with them, but i did survive the night and no more bogeymen attacked me since. They did crush my toe though, an injury which is still there and has been infected for awhile.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 01:21:39 am »

The char im currently playing started with an iron halberd (demigod for the record), i ended up getting caught out by bogeymen and the first thing i thought was "oh no, im losing another new adventurer to these bastards". I wouldn't say i wiped the floor with them, but i did survive the night and no more bogeymen attacked me since. They did crush my toe though, an injury which is still there and has been infected for awhile.

That is my first successful fight with bogeymen in a nutshell. But without kiting.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 02:11:19 am »

The funny part about that is... They won. You are SO dead.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 03:49:39 pm »

Bogeymen suck so much I just said "fuck it" and modded them out of the game.

They're just too fun-killing and annoying.
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 04:20:40 pm »

Charge them.  You'll knock them down, leaving them open to sweet, sweet wrestling based revenge.  THere's no actual effect to breaking every boogeyman's bone in front of the others, beyond the damage... but it does feel just... so right to o things like pull their horns off and stab them with them.
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 04:24:51 pm »

They're just too fun-killing.
Oh my... Are you ok?

Do you need help?

DON'T WORRY, I'LL SEND SOMEONE TO RECOVER YOU, JUST TELL US WHERE YOU'RE WOUNDED

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 04:26:11 pm »

They're just too fun-killing.
Oh my... Are you ok?

Do you need help?

DON'T WORRY, I'LL SEND SOMEONE TO RECOVER YOU, JUST TELL US WHERE YOU'RE WOUNDED

...You and your gosh darn assassination attempts!

But you will never make me die from laughter! Never!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 [2]