Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick way of checking squad's items?  (Read 1347 times)

WhatDoesThisLeverDo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quick way of checking squad's items?
« on: June 19, 2012, 12:17:47 pm »

What is the quickest way of cycling through what your militia is actually wearing?

My current method is extremely slow, and makes it very time consuming to make sure they are behaving item-wise.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Quick way of checking squad's items?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 12:58:48 pm »

(m)

(e)

(P)

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 01:07:24 pm »

m-e-p doesn't show what they are actually wearing, just what is assigned to them. The only way I know of is to track each one down in the 'u' menu and check inventory.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 01:19:03 pm »

And there is no quicker way to do it than that

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 03:22:23 pm »

m-e-p doesn't show what they are actually wearing, just what is assigned to them. The only way I know of is to track each one down in the 'u' menu and check inventory.
Actually, m-e shows what is assigned, and m-e-P shows their inventory screen.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 07:49:59 pm »

Actually, m-e shows what is assigned, and m-e-P shows their inventory screen.

Nope. I just went to my military equipment screen and selected a swordsdwarf. I selected his "individual melee weapon" and hit enter to remove it, then hit W and chose "specific weapon" and selected a bronze pick. Then i went into the Priority screen and it listed him with a bronze pick instead of a steel short sword. I even exited the military screen and let the game run a few seconds and checked m-e-P again and it still showed him with the pick. So then i went and found the dwarf and checked his actual inventory, and he had the steel short sword (listed as being hauled) and no bronze pick. So m-e-P definitely does not show their inventory screen.

m-e shows the uniform slots that have items assigned to them. m-e-P shows the actual items assigned. But neither shows what they actually have.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

WhatDoesThisLeverDo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 08:17:22 pm »

Ok so I'm doing the "most efficient" thing, which takes forever. *sigh*

Jae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 04:16:38 pm »

I finally registered just for this.  The m-e screen does show a green check next to every assigned item that is also equipped. It wont show you what else is worn, but it does quickly tell you if they are in uniform. And I was wrong. Sorry.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:57:59 pm by Jae »

k9wazere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 04:30:48 pm »

I finally registered just for this.  The m-e screen does show a green check next to every assigned item that is also equipped. It wont show you what else is worn, but it does quickly tell you if they are in uniform.

The green tick means assigned, not necessarily worn.

Right now I'm looking at my two starting military dwarves, who are both sparring. They are both assigned metal helms. These helms are currently sitting in a stockpile, and the dwarves are making no attempt to equip them.

m-e-P shows that both dwarves have a helm (green tick) assigned. There are only two helms in the fortress.

Jae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 05:06:28 pm »

I just realized I was wrong while playing and came back to edit my post.  I don"t think I would have realized it without this thread though, so thank you.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 05:33:01 pm »

Easy way is to go to the [m]ilitary menu, [e]quipment, then whatever armour you want to see, then a specific item. The items on the list that are red will be equiped by someone, with higher ranking eople having better items and lower ranked people in the squads having worse ones.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

floundericiousWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 08:28:31 pm »

It ain't perfect, but go to their barracks and v-i them and you should be able to check several.