Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Small race shows up without clothes? [FIXED]  (Read 3083 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Small race shows up without clothes? [FIXED]
« on: June 19, 2012, 08:36:48 am »

EDIT: Solved the mystery. I was using the 'Eternal Fashion' mod... actually, I had forgotten I was using it. Turns out, adding ARMORLEVEL=1 to normal clothing to stop them rotting has the unwanted side-effect of making races - ANY race - not want to wear them unless forced to via military persuation. So if this happens to you, friend, you know what to do.

---Original post below---

My small race embarks without clothes and I'm having a hard time figuring out why. They have [EQUIPS] in their Creature file and ARMOR, HELM, GLOVES, SHOES and PANTS entries in their Entity file. This race is the same size as Kobolds.

I've made custom "Tiny Weapons" for them to weild, and this works, but I thought the game resized clothes automatically? Do I need to create "Tiny Clothes" for them too?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:56:36 am by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Small race shows up without clothes?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 08:45:33 am »

Yes you do.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 08:56:08 am »

I see... What governs the size of clothes, then? Previous searches suggested that the game automatically sizes the clothing raws for small/large races, and I can see no tags that might govern what size of creature can equip them.

Here is a copypaste of the Gauntlets raw:

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GAUNTLETS]
[NAME:gauntlet:gauntlets]
[ARMORLEVEL:2]
[UPSTEP:1]
[SHAPED]
[LAYER:ARMOR]
[COVERAGE:100]
[LAYER_SIZE:20]
[LAYER_PERMIT:15]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:2]
[SCALED]
[BARRED]
[METAL]
[HARD]

As I understand it, LAYER_SIZE has nothing to do with the size of the creature, but determines something like whether it's worn over or under other clothing... I don't really understand it fully, but that's basically what the Wiki seems to be saying.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 08:57:40 am »

It may be [MATERIAL_SIZE:2]

Try making it 1.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 08:59:26 am »

Do they have access to the workshops needed to produce the stuff, and have allowed them to have a job relevant to that?

That might be your problem.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 09:01:34 am »

MATERIAL_SIZE "determines how much raw material it takes to make it."

I think so, I started with the Dwarf raws so they should have access to everything Dwarves do:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 01:22:35 pm »

Stupid question here, but do they have the [CLOTHING] token? If they don't have it they won't try to wear clothes.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 02:14:20 pm »

Yes you do.

No you don't. Clothes change size per race, you will never need to make new clothes for a specific size.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 04:41:37 pm »

Stupid question here, but do they have the [CLOTHING] token? If they don't have it they won't try to wear clothes.

What file should that be in? I did a CTRL+F on the default Dwarf's creature and entity file and didn't find it in either one of them. If the Dwarves don't have it, then my race doesn't either.

Edit: nm, dumbass Notepad++ was searching 'Up' instead of 'Down' and wasn't looping to search the rest of the document (i.e. any of it). Yes, my race has [CLOTHING] and [SUBTERRANEAN_CLOTHING] same as the dwarves do.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 04:49:27 pm by Moogie »

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 05:43:39 pm »

do they have [EQUIPS]?
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 05:55:07 pm »

Maybe they have [ETHIC:NUDITY:REQUIRED]

Joking aside, chances are they don't have the capacity to make clothes.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 06:00:45 pm »

Do they have the required ARMOR entries in the entity?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 06:02:05 pm »

Do they have the required ARMOR entries in the entity?

According to the OP,

They have [EQUIPS] in their Creature file and ARMOR, HELM, GLOVES, SHOES and PANTS entries in their Entity file.

They do.

Moogie, could you post the raws? This'll make it easier to find out what's wrong.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 09:29:50 pm »

This happened with my cat civ too. There doesn't seem to be a good fix other than making clothes cheap or mass buy-able/producible, but migrants will have clothes, so other than that all is well. My theory is this happens because they're created from thin air, and somehow it doesn't know how to create clothes that size on embark.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 05:23:01 am »

Moogie, could you post the raws? This'll make it easier to find out what's wrong.
Agreed. We've tapped out all of the "easy" solutions at this point so being able to view the raw entries for the entity and creature would be rather helpful.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: [1] 2