Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Possible solution to making bone in a reaction.  (Read 4131 times)

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Possible solution to making bone in a reaction.
« on: June 19, 2012, 06:42:32 am »

I think i might have found a way to produce bones. Make an interaction turning creature into another, with 5-10 big arms with boiling connectors which will fall down from it. Those arms should have big relative size and relative big bone tissue size inside it. Then shift creature back. It should make those parts butcherable:)
So you can use something like Bone Bush from 3rd cavern layer and a reaction to turn in into bone this way.
Not sure if bodyparts are butcherable like this but might work.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Possible solution to making bone in a reaction.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 09:01:20 am »

Interesting. If done right, I can make a supply of "bone" spines to use as an adventurer.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 06:27:29 am »

Wow... nobody cares about this:( And i can't test it good enough with my bad knowledge in bodyparts modding.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 12:20:03 pm »

well a few people care, I seen it. It is an ok workaround but the connectors dont melt instantly, and managing or working with a interaction like this can be stressful. plus unless the transformed creature is not a caste within the first (1 creature 2 castes) say a dog, will transform into "bone spire" you will get bone spire bones instead of dog bones. But if dog male is turned into dog bone spire then you will get dog bones. But the issue is, the managing of this. Imagin having a bone splostion as the creature just happily transforms to blow limbs off.

Even with insanely long wait times there is not way to controll it's transformations With out another creature "Controller" to managed these transformations or stop them. Then all that is needed to stop/start the bone making process is to move the controller in/out of range (all depends on what path you choose)

I use this for certain creatures that need a stopper because they breed no matter what, so the controller when near makes them sterile. But since the controller is also the male, loosing the controller also stops breeding.

This seems all too complex for a simple bone farm :P

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 01:48:48 pm »

But i see no other way to do it without killing a creature at all:) Might actually use Meph's way to recreate a creature and then kill it:)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 04:38:14 pm »

Acually a polite correction I believe Narhiril invented the method that Meph and now I use. Well I don't use it often.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 09:23:19 pm »

Can you post an example of a material/reaction/creature/etc that this would work with?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 09:32:38 pm »

Spoiler: Interactions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Body (click to show/hide)
Only you will alter these how ever you like. I made these for a unreleased mod, until IMMOBILE stops causing infertility the mod is post-poned.
This is a evil rat in the caves that makes more evil rats to hunt down all life. Needs drastic nerf'ing to stop power spawning (if one is resident in the map you can have 1000 rats in 1 year)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:34:15 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 09:22:00 am »

This is a evil rat in the caves that makes more evil rats to hunt down all life. Needs drastic nerf'ing to stop power spawning (if one is resident in the map you can have 1000 rats in 1 year)

Are you kidding?  No nerf, a terrifying rat-swarm sounds awesome!

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 09:24:40 am »

And a lot of bones from it... you can do cool bone farm from it:) You can even use a reaction in a workshop to make a boulder which lets out syndrom which makes that rat multiply:):):) Syndrom restricted to that creature:)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 10:27:28 am »

D_E had the theory, I tested it first, narhiril released it first. ;)

I think it might cause a problem because the bodyparts are from civ-members and can therefore not be butchered/used, but will only go to the refuse/corpse stockpile and will be buried with the dwarf that dropped them. Please test this and tell me that I am wrong.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 12:43:50 pm »

I am really lagging in modding syndromes and bodies - i am more on reactions and entities:) Hugo can you please test this?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 01:36:49 am by Tierre »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 12:55:09 pm »

Thanks for the correction Meph, I had always thought it was Narhiril since she had the first working version.

@Tierre
Test which? the power spawning rat? It works 137% I know this since those damn rats go on "Hunt" mode and swarm out of the caves like angry HFS alot of meat and leather was made that day.

Or on the civ member transforming to make "bone" like Meph mentioned.
And Meph is correct, that bodypart is connected to that creature's SOUL so if a dwarf turned into a dog that drops bodyparts for bones
That Dog is still Urist McScientist and that is HIS bodypart. Try transforming a PET that is STRAY and not a dwarves personal pet, as Personal pets cannot be butchered.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 07:45:29 pm »

Yeah, you could make some creepy evil bone-creature that can be used in that reaction. Buy bone Golem, give a workshop the reaction to split bone golem into a pile of bones, then regenerate the bone golem. Or something like that. The workshop would create a boiling stone with a syndrome that only affects the wanted creature, so you would have to station it nearby, with the "pasture" command. Make it common_domestic and pet, so you can  buy it from caravans, and your bonefarm will run. :) Will be like shearing ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 01:39:00 am »

So will it go to the next feature update of masterwork?:) How can i restrict this creature to only 1 race of my choosing?
Pages: [1] 2