Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mooding dwarf won't get things  (Read 2074 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Mooding dwarf won't get things
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 11:14:32 am »

iirc if he has a specific preference for a gemstone it could only be looking for that gem. Like if he loves sapphire, he might only want sapphire

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 11:42:23 am »

Which workshop is he in? That'll narrow down the first item on the list.

Stockpile links don't affect moods. There are a couple of mason workshops I have linked to a stone stockpile, and it's never stopped several dwarves from running to wherever the non-stone mood items are.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 12:41:21 pm »

Material preferences only affect metal bars, and they only affect moody Metalsmiths.

Your moody dwarf wants rough gems, cut gems, wood logs, and a boulder. Depending on the duration for which each one is displayed (and which one is "first"), you might need more than one of a particular item.

If you can get DFHack working with 0.34.11, run the "showmood" command and it will tell you exactly what your dwarf wants.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 [2]