Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Weird Moments you had.  (Read 8206 times)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Moments you had.
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2012, 11:57:29 am »

A dwarf teletransported to the unfinished top of my wall and died due to starvation .(THERE WAS NO WAY OF GETTING UP THERE)
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2012, 12:22:02 pm »

A dwarf teletransported to the unfinished top of my wall and died due to starvation .(THERE WAS NO WAY OF GETTING UP THERE)
I had the same thing happen, except I noticed in time. Built a ramp to the idiot.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

terko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2012, 03:12:31 pm »

I had the same thing happen, except I noticed in time. Built a ramp to the idiot.

Crap happens when a dwarf walks over the currently-being-build wall and does not trigger the 'creature occupying' event and then the wall is finished and a dwarf is captured up there. Fact since then: build a ramp somewhere if you build large walls.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Arnarinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2012, 04:02:45 pm »

In the 0.34.07 version there was a big with child thoughts, I didn't know at first when I got it, but now almost no child will ever survive the aging progress, I have  a GIANT graveyard just for burying children. I've got so many so far that they are actually raising from the dead, and for some stranger reasons, taking off legs. I never notice these attacks, nor do I find the undead bodies. The only mark they leave is a dwarf with a lost leg, and a unhappy though "Got attacked by the dead recently".

The children n my fortress are crazy, And a 1 year old child got a strange mood, took another dwarf child and butchered him, and made a bone helmet out of him. My baron now wears it for the heck of it, he also has a cat bone throne, made by the same child.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2012, 04:13:39 pm »

Nah, must have been a different crazy kid. Dwarves only mood once in their lifetimes, and bone isn't a throne construction material unless you've done some modding.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Ziga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2012, 05:15:41 pm »

...and bone isn't a throne construction material...

that would be so cool if it was...
What catastrophic changes in elf society changed their tile from E to e?
Goblin snatchers stole their Shift-key.

Mister Dirks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2012, 07:29:23 pm »

(I am playing the Masterwork Dwarf Fortress mod)

Weirdest moment I had: I had about 15 scarecrows hanged outside at the entrance to my fort, to spot sneakers. A Titan gopher-thing visited, and mercillesly destroyed every last scarecrow, then ambled on it's merry way. The entrance of the fort was wide open O.O
Every village = Farm plots
Vegetables grow and wither...
Thats about 100 tiles of dead food...

NECROMANCY, RAISE THE VEGETABLES!
WE WILL RULE THE WORLD THROUGH HEALTHY GOODNESS!!

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2012, 07:31:59 pm »

I thought moody dwarves were able to make items from supposedly impossible base materials (e.g., a cloth bed, a bone chair, a gold or platinum weapon, etc)?

For me, the weirdest I have so far is my current (vanilla DF, just embarked) fortress.  Its the year 997 (world gen interrupted at 996) and the current queen, Urist Fikodam, was born in 276 and started her reign in the year 389.  Wait, that can't be ... oh, a vampire since 416 when she profaned the temple of a dwarven god of fortresses.  Hmm ... oh my ... she aroused general suspicion in the Mid Summer of 432 after a murder, and laid a series of oppressive edicts upon Tilesdeler – so far she has killed 17,532 dwarves; 16,536 of those in Cavepaddles (the capital).  She also went through a lot of generals through the years, and a large number of citizens were declared enemies, even a few former generals (e.g., in 595 Erith Rinsedocher, the Lost Mirrors was made the general, but in 647 another general replaced him; in 685, however, Erith was declared an enemy and my guess is because he decided to try and remove the then 409 year old queen from power).

I'm still debating what I will do if i ever manage to get the fortress big enough to have the monarch move in.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2012, 08:34:40 pm »

I thought moody dwarves were able to make items from supposedly impossible base materials (e.g., a cloth bed, a bone chair, a gold or platinum weapon, etc)?

For me, the weirdest I have so far is my current (vanilla DF, just embarked) fortress.  Its the year 997 (world gen interrupted at 996) and the current queen, Urist Fikodam, was born in 276 and started her reign in the year 389.  Wait, that can't be ... oh, a vampire since 416 when she profaned the temple of a dwarven god of fortresses.  Hmm ... oh my ... she aroused general suspicion in the Mid Summer of 432 after a murder, and laid a series of oppressive edicts upon Tilesdeler – so far she has killed 17,532 dwarves; 16,536 of those in Cavepaddles (the capital).  She also went through a lot of generals through the years, and a large number of citizens were declared enemies, even a few former generals (e.g., in 595 Erith Rinsedocher, the Lost Mirrors was made the general, but in 647 another general replaced him; in 685, however, Erith was declared an enemy and my guess is because he decided to try and remove the then 409 year old queen from power).

I'm still debating what I will do if i ever manage to get the fortress big enough to have the monarch move in.
Do what I did. Take matters into your own hands. Go Hammerer on her vampire ass. Wow, I just realized how much innuendo is in that last sentence.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2012, 09:59:19 pm »

They can, but they only mood once. Since bone thrones are mood-only, the child who made the dwarf bone helm can't be the same one that made the cat bone throne.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2012, 10:30:27 pm »

They can, but they only mood once. Since bone thrones are mood-only, the child who made the dwarf bone helm can't be the same one that made the cat bone throne.
He could be ... if you save-scum. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2012, 10:51:55 pm »

This is so utterly bizzare. 711 elves vs 9 kobolds, 6 elves, 2 unicorns. attackers losses: 358, defenders: 5. For every defender killed, 71.6 elves died.
 :o
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:25:54 pm by misko27 »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2012, 11:02:57 pm »

He could be ... if you save-scum. ;)
But then the Baron wouldn't have the bone helm and the bone throne at the same time.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2012, 11:10:07 pm »

This is so utterly bizzare. 711 elves vs 9 kobolds, 6 elves, 2 unicorns. attackers losses: 358, defenders: 5.
 :o

Cause elves suck, and kobolds rock.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2012, 03:01:39 pm »

...and bone isn't a throne construction material...

that would be so cool if it was...

Never mind bone, SKULLS should be a throne construction material (in moods preferably, to make it suitably rare). I don't think I've seen any skull artefacts other than crafts, maybe not even then.

For the original version of (insert preferred objects/substances/materials here), of course:  :P
_____ for the _____ God, _____ for the _____ Throne!
Pages: 1 2 [3]