Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Weird Moments you had.  (Read 8210 times)

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
Weird Moments you had.
« on: June 18, 2012, 06:44:57 pm »

Well, i saw a flying sea monster, i was like Dude. Thats FKING awesome! Im gunna kill it for 200 meats!
My fortress died that day.

Hasse

• Bay Watcher
  • Mining Dwarf, always mines, nothing else!
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Moments you had.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 06:54:13 pm »

for me it is.
sent my solo super-warrior to kill some giant mosquitos, instead he tried to kill a elephant -.-
and yeah, he survived with some major injuries, he should be dead not injured.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 11:44:10 pm »

Well, Any of my vampires who get beaten get moved to a bed, seem to heal completely, and then die in the middle of a siege. Happened to two regular vampires and the king. I lock them up securely, so they aren't getting killed, but they only die in the middle of a siege, and usually big ones, like the one with the war-leader, or the one in the middle of the winter that froze the river and allowed them to bypass my traps. On that note, if the fifteen goblins infront of you get horribly mangled, wouldn't you take a different path? Not here, They decide, "clearly, it must have exhauseted its suppply of serrated discs". They're always wrong. Always.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

mordrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 11:58:39 pm »

one of my haulers got stuck in a web in some caverns and got killed by a giant spider.

i sent my melee and ranged squads down, 8 dwarves each. they all got stuck in the webs and was getting killed slowly by the spider one by one. the combat log was going crazy, spider was sucking blood and killing them mercilessly as they screamed!!!

then my thresher came along, happily skipping and whistling a tune, walked straight into a web squares away from the soldiers and started collecting it, finished and merrily went back up... *TWICE*

by that time half my soldiers were dead or bleeding to death... truly... i do not know a more focused dwarf than that thresher...

DrunkenCaveOgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 12:41:11 am »

I had a brewer get ambushed goblin archers. He got shot like a hundred times but ended up surviving with some serious injuries. He crawled to the entrance of my fort before giving in to pain. Yeah, he did survive. Thats not whats weird. Whats weird is that instead of my dwarves hauling him to my hospital, they dragged a barrel to the entrance of my fort and drank beer literally 2 tiles away from the dwarf. For several months I had dwarf after dwarf drag their barrels to the screaming dwarf and have a good drink while watching him yell in pain.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 03:55:46 am »

During a siege one of my marksdwarves ran out of my fort and bit a goblin swordmaster in the hand and shook him hard enough that he lost his iron 2h sword and then my marksdwarf whose only combatskill was competent marksdwarf enters a trance and starts punching, kicking, biting, scratching and bludgeonging enemies left and right and survived the siege with only a small cut on his thigh. I then built him a huge luxurious bedroom and a private diningroom. It was a small siege with only three goblinsquads and some trolls but when i saw that idiot run outside instead of getting behind fortifications i was so sure that he would die.

Grinly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 05:09:48 am »

I found a perfect embark spot. River running through the middle, thickly forested, clay, shallow metals, flux stone, and deep metals. There was a necromancer tower kind of close by, but what the hell, I figured once I had my fort dug I could dump all the corpses down a pit on the bottom floor and the traps, dogs, and axe dwarfs would kill any necromancer working alone.

I did a custom embark with the materials to make picks and axes ( SO much cheaper ) but I completely forgot to bring some fire safe stone to build a forge with. No big deal. I abandoned the fortress and went back in immediately to reclaim it.

Ten minutes later my dwarves were being swarmed by five reanimated turkeys, an undead donkey, and at least one undead dog head - The remains of my animals from the first expedition. Armok does not forgive mistakes when you live near a necromancers tower!

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 05:37:17 am »

An Axedwarf gave birth during a siege. She was fighting goblins. She died, but the baby endured. I nicknamed her Tancred, because I suddenly remembered that 40k comic, and she grew up to be a fine female son, and eventually a she became a great Axedwarf, just like her mother. Tancred endured.

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 06:24:41 am »

I had a nice little fort started, and then 20 migrants showed up. Not wanting to feed them all, I locked them out. A few weeks later, my fort starts running low on food. I build more farms, but it is too late. I was forced to dig a tunnel to the outside (the lever controlling the gates had been smashed) in the hopes that they would be able to find vermin and water, but a tantrum spiral had already started. The migrants? A little miffed about the rain, drinking water and eating vermin, but otherwise totally fine.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 08:48:46 am »

My current fort had a human diplomat vampire arrive.  Bloodsucking bastard killed my Baron's wife.  I happen to actually like this Baron because he issues useful mandates.  So I made sure the fangface was stuck inside and sent my sword squad after him.  After a merry chase around the fort, they finally cornered him and dispatched him.  Aside from the pile of people-part jewelry (geh) it seemed run-of-the-mill.  Then I read the combat reports.  My dorfs hacked at it a bit with their swords, but then my squad leader bit it by the leg and was shaking the vamp around, until finally the leg sails off in an arc.  Or maybe it was the body that did.  I dunno.  In any case, my swordsdwarf squad leader killed a vampire by tearing its leg off with his mouth.  That is one angry dwarf with some issues.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

sirinon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 09:01:58 am »

MY entire fortress was Infected Via Werewolf Blood in the watersupply, currently making a plan to save what is left of the fort before 140 Dwarves shift :(

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 09:17:54 am »

MY entire fortress was Infected Via Werewolf Blood in the watersupply, currently making a plan to save what is left of the fort before 140 Dwarves shift :(
Wait a minute, that works!? I thought werebeat curses weren't in the blood?

Aviator CJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 10:53:27 am »

I'm currently enduring a goblin siege. They've flung themselves into my spinning disc traps, and some of them dodged and fell into my 20-z-deep pit. Most of the fallers survived the drop, but now they're apparently too afraid to simply walk (or crawl, there's a few broken legs in there) out the passageway I have ready for them. They're just wandering around in the pit, not doing much at all! What kind of attacks are we getting these days anyway?
!!Science!!: Knowledge through magma

There's safe. Then there's unsafe. And then there's the average dwarf fort, which remains unrated because the OSHA inspector flatly refused to go anywhere within a dozen miles of the place.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 10:56:59 am »

I'm currently enduring a goblin siege. They've flung themselves into my spinning disc traps, and some of them dodged and fell into my 20-z-deep pit. Most of the fallers survived the drop, but now they're apparently too afraid to simply walk (or crawl, there's a few broken legs in there) out the passageway I have ready for them. They're just wandering around in the pit, not doing much at all! What kind of attacks are we getting these days anyway?

Has the squad leader been caught in a cage trap?  Goblins tend to mill about aimlessly when that happens.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Aviator CJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 11:01:30 am »

Has the squad leader been caught in a cage trap?  Goblins tend to mill about aimlessly when that happens.

At least one of them is a Macelord, and besides, don't they tend to try to gather around the caged leader? Either way, I'm just pissed about the fact that they're not dead after falling what has to be at least 50 metres straight down.
!!Science!!: Knowledge through magma

There's safe. Then there's unsafe. And then there's the average dwarf fort, which remains unrated because the OSHA inspector flatly refused to go anywhere within a dozen miles of the place.
Pages: [1] 2 3