No poll to look at :v

It has been decided.
- 0 (0%)
Hurr durr :3
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 01, 2012, 10:57:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play 3! The End, sadly.  (Read 35676 times)

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The mod Haspen is referring to is called the Ultimate Dominion Mod. The Dominion don't appear in the vanilla game (which Haspen and I are LP-ing), but they replace the Ferengi in the UDM as the fifth playable race.

Remember, this game is based on the TNG universe. So the Ferengi are a power to be feared, the Gamma Quadrant is completely unknown, and the only tactic we know against the Borg is the "Wolf-359 Defense".
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Scrolled through everything, I saw the Helmsdale A was destroyed. Did I manage to make it off in an escape pod this time? If so, I'll take the Helmsdale B until I can get myself into something larger again. Damned Borg.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Scrolled through everything, I saw the Helmsdale A was destroyed. Did I manage to make it off in an escape pod this time? If so, I'll take the Helmsdale B until I can get myself into something larger again. Damned Borg.

But you already moved to USS Exeter prior to that battle, remember? :P
...And I don't see any mention of giving you that ship since it was constructed? O.o I propably thought about giving you Exeter and did that subcounsciously or something. Oh, well.

Burnt Pies: USS Exeter is Zoku's, so you're getting USS Montgomery.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 02:14:19 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Well, time for the annual "ask how my ship is doing". 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Thanks to continous 'Mirandawall' tactic, no Ambassadors were lost yet.

That might change in next Borg battles.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hurrah for my narrow escape! Now to keep on moving up, especially since it looks like Ambassadorwall is the next tactic to preserve our larger ships.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

First time ever Borg came, we start with good news - we get propulsion breakthrough.

Aaand next turn, the Weapons get updated too. Now we wait for Energy!

Duh. Klingons are greedy it seems.

Also, this:

Look at it for a while and tell me why it made me giggle c:

Next turn we receive a demand from Ferengi and honestly I can't have 4k of credits to give them. Cubes are mostly in Ferengi space now, whilst Romulus is under siege as well.

At Turn 260, Ferenginar is no more, and the last Cardassian system, Melus, is under siege now.

Up to Turn 262 nothing happens, when we run out of credits. After much considering, I've decided to scrap a Galaxy-class cruiser, USS Sumatra A, for money.
...I don't have that ship in my roster file, nor I wrote about it in any of previous LP updates, what the heck? O.o
Oh well, we will slap 'NX-401' on it so I remember it was the strange one :P

Next week we learn of this. Ferengi is one thing, but we're obligated to help Klingons! Our Yridian scout is currently at Romulan Neutral Zone, ready to alert us the moment the other Cube warps close to our border.

And don't be alarmed by monster icon in right-down - it's Husnock, not Borg.

Wait a moment, I've just checked the Galaxy map and now Selay are culled too, wha- OH GOD NO!

D;
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 01:29:11 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So by this logic we only need 60 Miranda's to cleanse the galaxy of the Borg threat.

IvantheN+1th volunteers to captain as many Mirandas as needed!
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Also, new poll.

Next LP will be done no matter if we lose/win this one in any way. Of course, if I will have will/time to LP it again :v

PS: Poll is brokeded it seems. Just throw your votes in posts then :v
SigFlags!

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be honest, all of this is useless anyway. Disarm all weapons and lower your shields; no matter how much you resist, you will become one with the Borg!

Like seriously, get a hint already. We
did tell you that we spawn in new cubes for each one you destroy, right?

(Speaking of which, you've won the game anyway, so the victory conditions for other races are probably already off. Oh, and my vote is: If you want to. :P)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:31:19 pm by Hyo »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Glad to see the Borg gave Hyo a ship to command...

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's take it out. >:)

I'll go with 'Yes, so we can whack our racial enemies on our own.' The epic two-front war sort of sputtered out when the hearts of their empires were gutted.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ditto, but let's crush the Borg in this one first.  =B
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Fight to the end.  Why surrender? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Speaking of which, you've won the game anyway, so the victory conditions for other races are probably already off. Oh, and my vote is: If you want to. :P)

You just gotta love how the Borg could be invading on mass but if all other races are taken out except yours... it is victory time!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12