No poll to look at :v

It has been decided.
- 0 (0%)
Hurr durr :3
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 01, 2012, 10:57:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play 3! The End, sadly.  (Read 35693 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

You're indeed something akin to Picard. Just much younger :P

Also: I will either destroy all the cubes or die trying :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

I humbly request command of the USS Crescent. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We hurled away 27 ships at that thing. And we lost 15. What. The. F----

I... I think I just might take an Oberth class and enjoy actually living, thank you very much. If you really hate me that much though, feel free to put me in a Miranda or an Ambassador and watch my head roll. I don't think a Galaxy is a very good ship to try dying in. Too heavy, blargh.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Captain Roberts puts in a transfer request to the Gandhi.  He was born British, so irony will compel him to fight as aggressively and without provocation as possible.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh come on, you don't want to try passive resistance against the borg?
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

We hurled away 27 ships at that thing. And we lost 15. What. The. F----

I... I think I just might take an Oberth class and enjoy actually living, thank you very much. If you really hate me that much though, feel free to put me in a Miranda or an Ambassador and watch my head roll. I don't think a Galaxy is a very good ship to try dying in. Too heavy, blargh.

If Haspen follows his previous doctrines, he'll be throwing the Oberth classes against the Borg along with everything else.  Sure, scout craft don't do much damage, but their deaths save more valuable ships from being destroyed.

So, you're just as certain to die in an Oberth class as you are in an Miranda class.  Sorry, but we all must serve the Federation.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since Birth of the Federation stops short of the later series, I don't think we get access to Sovereign-class ships, sad to say.

And honestly, massive, crippling casualties sound appropriate for battling the Borg cubes.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Actually, it was 50 ships. 20 cruisers, 27 scouts/destroyers, 3 strike cruisers.

We could get Sovereign-class dreadnoughts, but it's like several tech levels away, and before that happens the game will be possibly done.

Crescent for Nix, Gandhi for Roberts, Brittain for Hyo :3
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 02:10:09 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play 3! ;~; ;~; ;~;
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2012, 08:08:44 am »

Next week, we abandon Ariannus, as the Borg Cube is almost done with Kurill system. Our Yridian Scout reports that one of Cubes in Cardassian space went 'missing', as in, moved outside the reach of their sensors.
In the meanwhile, USS Ambassador, namesake of his class, is completed at Utopia Planitia yards above Mars.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ferengi want peace one week later. Given what's happening in the galaxy, we quickly scurried their outer territories whilst consulted with our spies, but they don't report of Borg in Ferengi space. THis might be also a bluff, but we agreed for the sole monetary gain.
USS Broadsword, Oberth-class, is completed at Shelia whilst USS Asigara leaves Yridian shipyards.

USS Rockford B, Miranda, is finished one week later, and... well... lemme roleplay that.

====

Morikin System, RNZ Outpost:

Commander of the outpost steps into listening room, sipping some nicely replicated coffee.
Commander: Where's the Borg now?
Listening Officer: We're reading subspace fluctuation from the Kurill system, which means the Cube is done with Romulans. Sir, there's transwarp signal in Dullisian system! One of the Cubes from Cardassian territory must've warped.
Commander: Damn those fucking cyborgs.

He taps his combadge.
Commander: Science officer, inform Admiral Cain that one of the Cubes is in Dullisian-
L.Off: Sir, urgent report from Yridian scout! They...
Commander: What is it, lieutenant?
*silence*
Commander: I asked you a question!
L.Off: S-Sir, according to their scanners, there are still two cubes in Cardassian space.
Commander: What? Are you sure that Borg signal interpreter is working correctly? Nothing wrong with Yridian scanners, have you asked them?
L.Off: They are sure of it. Sir, the designation from the Cube in Dullisian... I... I never seen that one.
Commander: What? That doesn't--

The coffee mug slips from his hand, crashing on the floor as he looks at the sensor readings.

"Dear god... Fifth Cube..."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:11:03 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

As long as I die in my Crescent, I'm happy.

Welp, time for another title change. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Honestly, never before I had more than two cubes.

And game gives me five this time? I cannot comprehend this shenaningans.
SigFlags!

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2012, 08:25:34 am »

So... are we still attacking the Borg? We got rid of one that was coming our way, right? As long as they're still going around killing Cadassians and Romulans, I see no reason to bother them further.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2012, 08:26:36 am »

There are two in Cardassian territory, and two at Federation-Romulan border, as the screenshot shows.

AND WE FIGHT TO DEATH >:C!
SigFlags!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2012, 08:28:45 am »

8)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2012, 08:29:32 am »

Well, until they all decide to swarm the Federation at once, we're doing fine. If we can replace our casualties or even reinforce the fleet between each Borg engagement, we're currently coming out tops. Our two most powerful enemies have had their populations, industry and fleets decimated, and they're not bothering the Ferrangi or Klingons, which doesn't threaten us through handing another side victory through the destruction of their racial enemies.

I would suggest that we make it a policy to destroy any cube that falls into range of our fleet. Yes, they're stomping our enemies, but there's nothing to say we won't get two or more heading into Federation space at the same time if we leave them alone.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12