No poll to look at :v

It has been decided.
- 0 (0%)
Hurr durr :3
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 01, 2012, 10:57:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play 3! The End, sadly.  (Read 35690 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Nope.

It's a 'random monster' that game spawns sometimes, like Crystalline Entity, Calamarain cloud, Husnock warship, and so on...

...I only know realized that compared to my previous Federation LP, we had one 'random monster' that flew away right after destroying our outpost.

And when it comes to Borg, it's pretty much 'kill it or be killed'.

PS: Also, wanna be captain'd? :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Fun Fact: Captains are promoted upon death.

So, now is a GREAT time to be captain'd.

Hey, I bet the new Admiral is just DYING to lead our merry assault against the Borg, whenever that should be.

...Gee, I seem to have some leave coming up (maybe I should visit my father's grave...).  I might just have to charter a shuttle back to Sol right before the illustrious battle against the Borg.  So sorry about that...

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since the borg are in Romulan space, we should mass the fleets along the neutral zone. This will give us the ability to react to the borg, romulans, or cardassians. But overall the wait and see approach would be best.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Hrrr...is it too late for me to get upgraded to a bigger vessel, so I can at least help fight this thing? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

You're dead :v

You requested demotion, and you were in that scoutship that met the Borg v:
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Would you accept re-captaining? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Sure c:
SigFlags!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Name me whatever you will.  Just make it witty  ;)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Captain Nix, then :P

Pick a Miranda in Cain's fleet (Helmsdale, Saratoga, Reliant).
SigFlags!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

USS Reliant, please. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ow. This is what I get for asking to get into combat!

Should have dropped out of warp with my shields up. Stupid cloaked vessels...

Anyway, I'd also like to be recaptained. Given the Borg are on the scene, I suspect there will be no end of combat assignments.

As for my view on the situation: sign the peace with the Romulans, then focus all our attention on beating the Cardassians into slime. Use scouts to keep track of the Borg's marauding and shift focus to them if they start going after a species that isn't a natural enemy to us.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Poll plan abandoned. I will soon finish LP update and you will know why.

But those that followed my first Federation LP quite possibly can imagine what have happened.

Captain Chang Zoku can pick one of two remaining Mirandas in Cain's fleet (Helmsdale, Saratoga A)

EDIT: Oh great, just as I was going to upload pics, imgur implodes. Damn.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 04:56:00 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

During meeting of the Council and Starfleet, we decided to watch the Borg from afar. To be ready to counter this lethal threat, we moved our fleets as follow:
Takaran fleet is now stationed at Delta Vega
Yridian fleet is stationed at Ariannus
All other fleets are to be stationed near Morikin system, as it's closest to Bersallis system currently besieged by Borg.
Yridian shipyards are also constructing additional fleet, composed of 2 Galaxy-class cruisers, 2 Oberth-class scouts and 4 Miranda-class destroyers. It will serve either as reinforcements or as replacements - that, of course, depends when we will have to fight the Borg.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We're grateful for the monetary reparations that Romulans will give us. That's barely 6400 credits in all (price of two Ambassador-class cruisers), but, credits are credits.

Damn terrorists.

...FIFTY-FIVE!? You're kidding me, oh gods, I bet it's all the fabricators, our industrial might is done for D;
Well... I don't see much destruction here. And there's no energy-powered structures missing either! I guess it must've been excess farms, laboratories and energy plants, then.

Up to Turn 206 nothing happens, and then non-agression treaties between Klingons and Romulans, and Klingons and Cardassians, expire.

Our scouts also discover this. Enormous build-up of Romulan forces. At least 14 cruisers, 6 destroyers and few other ships. Are they preparing to fight Borg on their own? Or are they going to backstab us the moment we defeat the Cube?
With Romulans, both are equally possible.

Next week, we hear of this. I don't know why Romulans want to fight someone on the very other side of galaxy, but *shrug*
USS Ontario, Galaxy-class cruiser, is completed at Yridia the same day.

At week 208, USS Ning Hai, second Galaxy starship, is finished at Yridia. Nothing else of note happens.

Week after that, we get a neat planetary shift and learn that Romulan signed a cease-fire with Klingons. In the same moment, Romulans demand our contribution.
Guys, you just lost Bersallis system to Borg and you demand money from us? Sorry, but NO. Bring your cloaked ships if you want - we have fleet of 43 ships waiting for you.

FFF- Now that I come to think of it, it can't be Romulans, as they get ravaged by the Borg... Damn Cardassians and their damned Obsidian Order!
First of four scheduled Mirandas, USS Nautilus, is completed at Yridia. Borg warped into Theta system, minor colony of Romulans.

...That's it, you bastards. Admiral Cain and combined fleet has been ordered to enter Kurill system, engage whatever Romulan forces are there, and then go back.
Also, there's a bunch of Cardassian cruisers hopping around our northern border, so the fleet stationed at Delta Vega has been ordered to try and intercept a few.
First of ships with 'B' name is completed at Yridia - USS ShirKahr B.

Huh? That was too easy. So I checked the map for some abnormalities. Admiral Cain has been ordered to halt in Neutral Zone because of this.

...oh my god. I think we all know what's lurking in that system. Just in case, we sent our cloaked Yridian scout near the border to check our horrific assumptions.
USS Saratoga B constructed at Yridia.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?
But we got a morale boost from that joint war declaration. Also, the steady death rate of Adelphous system confirms our assumptions even if the Yridian scout cannot see it - Second Borg Cube is in Cardassian space.
Oh wait, it might be Tarellians spewing disease at the system! We will check next turn if planets go 'barren' in Adelphous.

Sweet mother of mercy the Cube is going toward us!
USS Reliant B left Yridia yards.

Yep. Second Borg Cube is a real thing now. why, game, why.

You see that Romulan fleet? You see Melina system? Said system suddenly lost half of population. And Romulans are still after us, possibly going to attack Ariannus system.
ROMULANS, Y U NO ACT RATIONALLY!?
Yridia shipyards finished USS Moray, Oberth-class.
SigFlags!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

I love how the update ended with such a mundane message. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play 3! DEAR GOD, WHY!?
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2012, 06:46:49 am »

Due to impending dangers, Takara and Shelia will jointly construct additional fleet. 2 Galaxy cruisers, 2 Nebula cruisers, 4 Miranda destroyers and 1 Oberth scout.

Geh. It's not something I would like to see. We shall bribe Klingons again.
USS Seadragon is completed at Yridia. Fleet has been assembled and is now en route to Altec system, to meet with Admiral's forces.

That image is in case someone doesn't believe me.

Just as the newly built fleet leaves Yridia, Romulans decloak and destroy the local outpost. Bastards.

At least Klingons declared war on Ferengi before they seen our war pact. Oh, well. USS Nautilus B is constructed at Takara.

Our new fleet intercepted Romulan fleet that tried to get into Yridia. Whilst we lost few destroyers, our Galaxy-class cruisers, pulverized the enemies with salvos of molten lead photon torpedoes.
We'eve lost USS Nautilus B, USS Reliant B, USS Saratoga B and USS Seadragon A.
Yridian shipyards were tasked with replacing the lost vessels, as Romulan armada retreats.

Just as this happens, Klingons ask as for the annual 2k credits of contribution for their fleet, which we pay.

Yridian scout has some urgent thing to report, so let's check what's the fuss-

I've spent a moment staring, mouth agape. I honestly lack an emoticon or memeimage to describe the terror I feel. One cube, sure. Two cubes, okay, we can do it somehow. But three?

Guuyssssssss

We are so deeeeeeeead D;
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:55:46 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12