No poll to look at :v

It has been decided.
- 0 (0%)
Hurr durr :3
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 01, 2012, 10:57:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play 3! The End, sadly.  (Read 35694 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play 3!
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2012, 04:34:12 pm »

Ooh, let's take Tian An Men.  That's a fortuitous sounding name.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2012, 06:02:10 pm »

Starfleet received a message from Cpt.Kor who requests a Nebula-class flagship. After considering the matter, we decided to comission three Nebulas at Yridia Shipyards to reinforce his fleet, and he will be allowed to choose his flagship. Given the restrictions, two of Kor's Mirandas will be detached from his fleet and possibly sent somewhere else.
Nebula-class starships will be constructed after we build a Galaxy-class cruiser for Cpt.Cain.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One week later an earthquake strikes Hurada and destroys the local farms as well as Aquaculture Center. We will try our best to prevent starvation.

We also score a victory against Romulan Tal Shiar services.

Next week one of high-ranking Klingon Council members is almost assasinated. And a Klingon explosive traces were found amongst debris of our colony ship. This is too good of a coincidence to be true. We're again beefing up our Internal Services.
Two ships for Cpt.Cain are ready and sent to Morikin system - USS Reliant and USS Renown, a Miranda and Galaxy starships.
Our income, however, is almost reaching zero. We debated postponing construction of Nebula-class cruisers, but instead, we scrapped the three Sheliak raiders and a transport ship stationed at Takara.

The very next week we have our first Nebula completed: USS Farragut, registry number NCC-11501.

Week after that, more spy activity. There are also rumors that our agents have struck Cardassia system, but those are lies. Romulans must've fielded their 'espionage artillery' as there's a lot of these things happening as of late.

Next week, USS Endeavor, second of Nebula-class cruisers, is complete. Moab system is being terraformed in the meanwhile.

Listening posts are give us the same kind of scanner technology as the scanners equipped on Yridian Scout. Which is good thing.

From espionage news: Internal Security discovered another Romulan spy in economic department. Rumors say that that whole department is ALL ROMULANS, but let's don't jump to such conclusions. At least not yet.

I also forgot to mention: In the past 10 or so turns, we destroyed six Cardassian scouts who just merrily warp into Ariannus to get obliterated by the fleet stationed here. I cannot comprehend this idiocy.

USS Bellerphon is completed at Yridia and together with two other Nebulas, they are now sent to Cpt.Kor, who gets command promotion and can pick one of the three Nebula-class cruisers for himself.

Starfleet Command and Federation Council also wants to congratulate Captain Jarod Cain for his promotion to the rank of Field Admiral. His new seat of command is, of course, USS Renown which just joined his fleet. Not only Admiral Cain can direct other fleets (if he wants/needs to), but is also given a seat at the Council, able to influence President Haspen.

//Tomorrow, or rather, today's morning, I will make fleet roster, cuz why not. Not to mention I'm already mistaking fleets and captains, hah.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 06:04:51 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2012, 11:23:10 pm »

Would you mind demoting me to a scoutship again?  I think I did better in those days. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2012, 11:58:16 pm »

Congradulations Admiral Cain! Please don't send me on any suicide missions.

Would you mind demoting me to a scoutship again?  I think I did better in those days. 

That shouldn't be necessary: just ask for a scoutship as your flagship, and request scouting duty.  I'd be more than happy to take over your combat duties.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2012, 01:24:00 am »

So has the Yridian taskforce been up to anything recently? While it's good to keep the system secured as it's one of the primary shipyards of the Federation, it's rather boring behind the lines.

Not to mention I need to face combat if I want to get promoted to a larger warship.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2012, 01:32:32 am »

Thank you everyone. I'd like to state how appreciative I am of this promotion and how much it means to have your trust. Trust you see is something of a luxury in these times. When the interstellar Cardassian/Romulan conspiracy can sway our stalwart friends the Klingons to not only halt their war efforts but begin to undermine our own, you have to ask yourself, can we win? I say that we not only can, but must. We are a shining light of hope for billions across the galaxy and our enemies hate us for that.

As it stands, we hold the line against forces that would crush any other nation and we shall continue to do so. I expect only one thing from my troops, that they continue to live and that they make the other poor bastards die. God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural fluids.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2012, 03:31:19 am »

Hmm, okay! There's several unchartered systems right inside Romulan space, so it's perfect job for you :3

So has the Yridian taskforce been up to anything recently? While it's good to keep the system secured as it's one of the primary shipyards of the Federation, it's rather boring behind the lines.

Not to mention I need to face combat if I want to get promoted to a larger warship.

Starfleet received request for transfer from Captain Han Zoku. He was thus transferred to USS Valdemar, leading Ambassador-class cruiser in Romulan Strike Fleet, which conducts strikes against Romulan border (outposts, convoys). Thus Cpt.Jack Roberts is under his command as well :P

Spoiler: Fleet roster (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:51:57 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2012, 10:53:13 am »

As Ilikor haven't shown up, I will just give him Farragut.

===

Our diplomats decided to boost our economy by gaining us some new members - namely Selay and Betazoids, whom we will try to bribe away from the Ferengi.
Utopia Planitia shipyards near Mars are completed.

Next week, we have a tactical disaster on our hands.

A fleet of cloaked cruisers was waiting outside Kurill system and warped just as our strike force got there. In the frantic retreat, we lost USS Excalibur and USS Valdemar, and with it, we lost Captain Han Zoku.
The fleet was ordered to retreat to Ariannus system. Yridian shipyards will reinforce it with an Ambassador and Galaxy cruiser.

Another diplomatic blunder, eh.

At week 196, USS Adelaide, Galaxy-class cruiser, is completed at Yridia.

Week after that, we get Biology breakthrough, at last!

Next week, Ambassador-class cruiser, USS Horatio, is finished at Yridia and using the same route as previous ships, they will join Romulan Strike Fleet. The 3 Nebula-class cruisers arrived at Ariannus as Cpt.Kor took command of USS Farragut.
The two destroyers that left his fleet weren't directed to Yridia as planned previously - instead, they shall strengthen Delta Vega fleet, under Cpt.Jack Jr.'s command.
Also, Klingons asked for donations, and we barely managed afford that.

Week later, at Turn 199, we colonize Moab system. Remember that green star near Mizar? Yep, that's Moab system.

If the Romulans implicted Ferengi, I would believe that, at least partially. But Klingons? Hell no, I will never believe that one.
Captain Neer Dell is currently reporting some kind of unknown vessel in one of Romulan systems, so we ordered him to investigate.

RED ALERT!!! RED ALERT!!!

Just as USS Drake warped into the Romulan system, we've lost normal communication with them. Few seconds later we got a distress call containing some garbled audio, a single image...

...followed by this message.

Just as I finished presenting said message to Federation Council and Starfleet Command, we were greeted by Romulan ambassador, bearing important message.

Romulan Star Empire is currently enduring system-wide slaughter and sue for peace with us, ready to back it up with monetary compensations.

One hour, and whole galaxy is flipped upside-down! Good lord...

===
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck, it's Booorg D; I wholehearteadly hate this moment in the game!
SigFlags!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When you pm'd me, I figured it was Borg and that I had died.  I'm glad I was only half right.   :P

Anyone else feel like not helping the Romulans?  If we're lucky, the Borg will achieve one of our two victory conditions!

But just in case the Borg heads towards OUR space, we'll start stockpiling ships.  Really, f^ck the Romulans.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

I was starting to worry about your conscience until I remembered this is DF forum.

But now I'm worried because it's just one cube. And Borgi n this game prefers coming in numbers larger than 1.

inb4 cube at sol after we lose 90% of fleet.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 01:02:33 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your desire for caution in approaching the Borg is another reason for "Operation: Screw the Romulans".  It goes something like this: We build up our navy, while a small detachment bombards Romulans systems away from the Cube and near our space, thus quickening our foe's demise.  The rest of our navy clumps up in orbit of Sol.  If we're lucky, this or the next Borg cube will appear in Cardassian Space.

But, we need to interfer if the Borg threaten the Ferriengi with Ferriengi Peace and Borg destruction.  If they die, our foes may win!  Same with the Klingons, who would likely perish if the Borg looked at them right now.

I was starting to worry about your conscience until I remembered this is DF forum.

Not my fault you chose "Genocide of two other civilizations" as your victory condition.  :P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Not necessary genocide. Anything that will make the 'X empire has fallen' counts. Genocide, conquest, pretending Borg aren't there, etc etc.

Besides, what we have in our fleets now is what we can muster. Around 500 income gives us a fleet of destroyers, not even a full one.

If I hadn't missed any ship, then, according to my roster, we have:
7 Oberth-class scouts
21 Miranda-class destroyers
16 Ambassador-class cruisers
4 Galaxy-class cruisers
3 Nebula-class cruisers

As you can see, we're pretty close to what I had in terms of cruisers in my first LP when we fought the Borg.
Also we have to assume that one possible route for Borg is that they will just slide across Romulan border and then slam against one of our border systems.
It would be a disaster if they catch one of our fleets in such place, on other hand, I'm too scared of Romulan cruisers jumping from nowhere to kill us to let the fleets just chill in deep space.
SigFlags!

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't we just keep stabbing at the Romulans to get whatever they have left and hope the Borg go look somewhere else after they're done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Given the game mode, I can't really let Borg merrily hop around the galaxy.

Being defeated in this game because I was careless is the last kind of defeat I want to get :P
SigFlags!

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well we might get lucky and the Borg just might attack the Cardassians...~

Do the Borg count as a 'natural enemy' to anyone?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12