Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: My love for Bay12  (Read 14286 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: My love for Bay12
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 01:22:23 am »

It descended into a catfight. A catfight that repeated itself multiple times. That thread refused to die.

That's news to me, but please don't link the thread. I thought we discussed atheism just a few months ago without incident? If nothing else we discussed religion in general. Not a lot of forums can get away with discussions like that due to trolling.

The shitstorms I remember from here are usually passive aggressive snarkfestivals, not outright ad hominem fistfights, so it's certainly less bad. As long as you don't get anyone who believes really strongly in whatever it is they're arguing about, things should be fine.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 01:34:52 am »

look, this is the only forum with a forum game revolving around being Abraham Lincoln's speedo.

if that can't make you like this forum, I have no clue what can.
Miserable people might not like it because everyone else isn't miserable and thus mockable.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 01:39:01 am »

Face inwards and extend your right hands.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 01:39:10 am »

My favorite would be the forum game about being a forum gamer. Still going i might add.
I have noticed a tendency for certain people to go a little overboard at snarking/trolling newcomers who display bad additudes/downright aggressive/antisocial behaviours but far less than i have seen in most other forums. I'm generally surprised how tolerant this place usually is to people who upset the status quo or basically act like a complete dick.
Those people don't usually last too long before being banned anyway, but i'll admit to trolling myself on occasion :/
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 01:46:04 am »

Face inwards and extend your right hands.

I just spent nearly a minute trying to imagine how I might point myself inward to my center before looking a little closer and noting that I only have one right hand. :P (and therefore... I may point my face toward the palm of my right hand and move inward)
Urist McHallucinate cancels operate pump: flying through the stars in the stomach of a giant fish.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 07:10:14 am »

I take it that thread descended into a turd-throwing contest. :P
No, it was okay, in fact. It was the most on-edge thread for a long time, balancing precariously on the verge of being locked. Then there came the second one, which continued that balancing act. The first thread lasted 370+ pages, the second one about 190 pages. That is an IMMENSE amount for a topic (religion) that instigates the worst in people. Those threads are monuments to why B12 is awesome.

Why it is mentioned negatively is because the threads refused to die, and the same types of discussions tended to arise again and again with each newcomer in the thread.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 10:23:44 am »

My love for Bay12

is like a truck?
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 11:24:53 am »

Oh, my luve is like a brewery,
Fill'd up with ales and meads,
Oh, and my luve is like an artifact
Thats crusted o'er with beads
    --Urist Burns
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 12:03:39 pm »

Anyone who knows Vector knows we aren't all DFers. She came for the Mafia games, I think.
AFAIK, Janet doesn't DF, either. I find that kind of weird, considering her love of moddable games.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, 12:07:40 pm »

My love for Bay12

is like a truck?

I don't know enough about trucks to say either way.
Urist McHallucinate cancels operate pump: flying through the stars in the stomach of a giant fish.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, 12:09:43 pm »

Your love for Bay12 is big, heavy, holds about 1800lbs of stuff in the back, and can run people over with no problem?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2012, 12:11:10 pm »

So it's a minecart then.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2012, 12:11:53 pm »

A truck is nothing more than an engine driven minecart with a place to sit.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2012, 12:16:08 pm »

A truck is nothing more than an engine driven minecart with an additional place to sit.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2012, 12:17:10 pm »

Valid point. I'll concede that to you, Akylon.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12