Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Discussion] Let's Plan Let's Plays! (Let's Play planning/discussion thread)  (Read 1446 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Redundant titles are better than unclear ones, I say! Though if you have a better title I'm all ears.

Anyway, we've had great use for this sort of thread elsewhere, but I've never seen one in here. Basically, this is a thread to discuss LPs, either ones you're thinking of running, ones you'd like to see, or ones you'd like to hash out the details of.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I keep trying to do things but I never get any attention for it. Ohh well.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Livestreams always take too much time for me, even when they're something I'd like to watch. Reading through summaries with a few pictures is much quicker.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

I'd like to see somebody do an Conquest of Elysium Let's Play.  Preferably the latest in the series (which I actually have installed), but any of them would be interesting.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I would love to do a video LP, but my system sucks. Thus, it's pretty much all screenshots for me :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

No problem, you do good screenshot LPs, and I usually don't follow video ones.

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My feeling is that screenshot LPs can actually be better than livestreaming. Whenever I see a thread for a livestream here I invariably find it down. At least with screenshots I can view it on my own time, and I can read old threads like that hilarious Pokemon Black LP from 6 months ago.

Plus, most of us are good writers. It's less frequent that you get someone with a good speaking voice.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile

I think I once saw a video somewhere about how to make a good video LP. I just need to find it.

[EDIT:] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My42gq3ejac

It's at least a half an hour long, but I think you might want to see it if you're interested in making a video LP.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 10:57:50 am by Nega »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I enjoy making video LPs (the Livestream in the sig being my weapon of choice) but I've tried my hand at written LPs too. Trouble is, the time investment in making a good writeup-based LP is huge; I could easily spend an entire day on a single post in my Fall From Heaven 2 or Final Fantasy Tactics Ironman LP, compared with the time spent actually playing the game. As soon as my schedule picked up and I started working regular hours again, I would have free time for little else other than doing LP write-ups.

Video LPs, on the other hand, just require a few hours of gaming/recording, with a few optional hours of background research, set up, and uploading to supplement it... and provided you did your homework and have interesting tidbits to talk about during downtime in the game, it can be equally engaging while asking much less of your schedule.