Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random Forbidden Items on Stock Screen  (Read 4172 times)

Somnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Random Forbidden Items on Stock Screen
« on: June 15, 2012, 11:21:14 pm »

Hey everyone, got a question for you. Occasionally I'll go look through my Stocks screen and many items are forbidden. I'm not sure why they're being forbidden, and it's items that I myself haven't made. For instance, random iron helms and copper armor, leather clothing, etc. will show up on the stock screen, and  have that big yellow F on them. Any idea why this might be?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Forbidden Items on Stock Screen
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 11:27:33 pm »

If you have orders set to forbid items on death, they're probably from dead goblins.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 11:29:16 pm »

Or trade caravans, although funnily enough that doesn't stop your dwarves from stealing from then anyway when it comes to food.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

KassaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 07:12:05 pm »

This is an old topic, but  have the same question.. ant not the answer, any ideas ?

The same for me, I always have a lots of fobidden items in my stock, and I don't know where they from (not me and not ennemies)

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 11:27:29 pm »

Visitors' belongings, perhaps?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 12:29:20 am »

There are settings to review in 'o' 'F'.... They choose whether an item will be forbidden if it is dropped. Those settings are one reason items are auto-forbidden. Another reason is when you Dump items, they are auto-forbidden.

If you expand the Stocks menu with Tab and find the forbidden items, you can Zoom to them and see where they are. Sometimes there is a pile of stuff from some creature that died or a caravan wagon that was abandoned.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 02:47:13 am »

As mentioned, the main reasons for forbidden non native stuff are:
- Dead invader belongings
- Scuttled caravan goods
- Dead visitor belongings

In addition to that, your own dumping activities. Caravan goods and visitor/invader belongings are marked in red on the stocks screen, but are not forbidden.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 03:07:49 am »

Caravan goods and visitor/invader belongings are marked in red on the stocks screen, but are not forbidden.

Has this changed between 0.43 and 0.44? Otherwise, you got the last one upside down: caravan goods are indeed red/unforbidden, but belongings of live invaders and visitors are ordinary forbidden stuff that can be freely claimed.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 08:16:44 am »

Caravan goods and visitor/invader belongings are marked in red on the stocks screen, but are not forbidden.

Has this changed between 0.43 and 0.44? Otherwise, you got the last one upside down: caravan goods are indeed red/unforbidden, but belongings of live invaders and visitors are ordinary forbidden stuff that can be freely claimed.
I probably have it backwards. I'm not aware of any changes for the new arc.

KassaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 10:16:59 am »

Yeah, it was probably goods from caravans.... They drop a lot of goods !!!