Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dawnfall♮ — Hacking  (Read 1538 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Dawnfall♮ — Hacking
« on: June 15, 2012, 03:02:09 pm »

Dawnfall♮**

(collab, Caellath)

A joint-venture of several companies very soon grew into one thanks to their invention, which is most aptly described as a omni-builder, adaptive machines that were capable of performing near-miracles of engineering and dominated factories, dishing out from everything from Toaster(s) to heavy military machinery. The company group called themselves C.A.E.

Soon enough almost all of the countries in the world had enormous C.A.E. industrial complexes built in the countryside. Even though they sell basically similar goods to all their consumers, the ones who were willing to pay more were given slight edges over their enemies. The world isn't in  Cold War vibe—at least not officially—nor does it seem like the world is being dominated by a giant corporation—again, officially—but the beast's tendrils were already everywhere. The population at large is ignorant, and all of the conflicts waged using the brand new technologies took place in poor countries were the weapons of war can be honed and prepared in secrecy, while the developed nations pretended not to see what is going on in the hopes of gaining the latest treats from the most powerful organization worldwide.

Of course, you can not stop the Internet. Some people sniffed out trouble even though most of the information fed to the masses happened to be fabricated—at times not even fed at all—and some of those went beyond, uniting as a group and deciding to take action towards whatever is happening. These individuals managed to secure a few crates of the Corps material and a rudimentary SDK* through luck and skill; their struggle against the deadly emerging world power starts now.

Spoiler: Hacking For Dummies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Profile (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Programs (click to show/hide)
((Any ideas for "Other programs" will be reviewed if you post them o_O It's hard to create.
As for hacking programs, there are more than the short list above. Just not now.))

Other than the hacking-related rolls, all rolls are with a d6.

5 players, probably.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 04:03:36 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnfall♮
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 03:08:02 pm »

Possibly joining. reading now

1. Maybe a databomb. When it detects intruding virusses and is not deleted in time, it will wipe everything.
2. Or a worm, not bothering about stealth this things replicates itself and tries to overwhelm the antivirusses.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnfall♮
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 03:13:59 pm »

I'm here. Of course. Sheet is completed.
Spoiler: Colton Hawking; Hawk (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:09:13 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

barbequedcinders

• Bay Watcher
  • "The game is done! I've won! I've won!"
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnfall♮ — Hacking
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 08:09:15 pm »

I would definitely be interested in playing. I'll work on my character, be up soon.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 07:04:45 am »

Name: Franz Herdinand
Appearance: Tall, blond, slim and with green eyes.
Other:

HP: 10/10

Inventory:
  Money, 10 credits
  Laptop
  Wireless card

Omnibuilder:
  Slot 1

Programs list:
Hack 1.0

This okay?
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 01:14:17 pm »

Hmm. Colton certainly seems fine. Franz might want to sorta buy more than a single program... but it's your call. :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 01:35:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm in, this seems interesting.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 01:37:15 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist