Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Diamond titan  (Read 26124 times)

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diamond titan
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2012, 05:05:53 pm »

It's immune to burning, but you could still cast it in obsidian or drop a cave-in on it.  Of course, if you think that's too "lame," you could fight webs with webs!

Wouldn't it have WEBIMMUNE though to avoid being trapped by its own webs?

Immunity to one web is immunity to any web regardless of species.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2012, 05:10:08 pm »

People, think of this. They are no match for axe dwarves. They are the only hope against them.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2012, 05:18:59 pm »

People, think of this. They are no match for axe dwarves. They are the only hope against them.

Axelords are capable of killing diamond behemoths at any rate; thirty grandmaster Axelords with all adamantine equipment managed to kill one after losing twenty-three dwarves.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2012, 10:09:52 pm »

Ranged weapons are overpowered enough that I would think that just massing marksdwarves you'd be able to chip it to death.  I know it worked on a Jasper Quadruped, but even if diamond is tougher, I would think it would just take longer.

As hard as crystals are, they're still vulnerable to fracturing.

I tested that way back when with the diamond behemoth earlier in the thread; the crossbowdwarves will fracture every last inch of it, but it seems almost impossible for them to actually kill it. One of them fell into the river in arena mode and just chilled out underwater with 300+ steel bolts in it.
Kill, no, but would they weaken it enough that it would be less able to massacre melee-dwarves who could then go for the kill?
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2012, 10:53:26 pm »

Kill, no, but would they weaken it enough that it would be less able to massacre melee-dwarves who could then go for the kill?

Nah; even with broken limbs and a fractured spine, a diamond behemoth can still either cripple attackers or kill them outright by just pushing them just because of how big it is. Dodging is pretty much the only thing that would keep them alive... well, that and the creature spamming webs instead of attacking. Those Lashers I tested earlier only survived that long because the behemoth spent five minutes on webbing them.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2012, 01:20:03 am »

How does it fare against a volley of flying or falling rock blocks and trap components? can this be tested in the arena?

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2012, 02:24:24 am »

How does it fare against a volley of flying or falling rock blocks and trap components? can this be tested in the arena?

It might be possible to create a reaction to produce those though I'm not sure how they could be set up to inflict falling damage.

Having a flying creature drop them maybe?

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2012, 06:36:22 am »

Sounds like it'll need a doom bridge.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2012, 06:44:54 am »

they dont trigger plates, but a fleeing bait animal could do it for him of course. You you could just pull the lever with your dwarves.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2012, 07:49:43 am »

Try steel spears.. That will help pierce it quickly spears = epic against one single giant enemy

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2012, 12:39:54 pm »

I don't believe that material the titan or FB is made of is really that important. What if the same monster had different type of material, as only difference? I had some gemstone monsters, and they are rather weak if they don't have special attacks. I even have one cock who survived mano-a-mano on gemstone FB which shoots webs. The bird had its body dented, but so had the FB. After 60 screens of fight the bird escaped (and returned to the main dining room) and the beast was lured by artefact trap, and was later used to capture other beasts with its web. Both creatures still live, five years after their duel. In the meantime I had some more FBs, and all of them seem to be easily injured by steel spears. Now, FBs with toxic effects are a completely different story. They can be killed immediately (by spears for instance), but they are still deadly.

As for fire, it is really similar to zombies - they can be on fire, smoking and melting, but not dying. Once they are dead, they turn to ashes. The rational explanation is simple: magic.
so you are saying that zombies == friendship ?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]