Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Diamond titan  (Read 26163 times)

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diamond titan
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 07:40:12 am »

Too bad we can't put FB and Titans in arena to try, or importing creatures from the "real" region to test them in arena, I would love to test the beast !

You could just turn save compression off and copy the raws for the titan out (minus the tags that cause problems if you try to use them in normal raws).

Yeah, thank you, but it was a more general remark, about the lack of FB in arena and the fact that we can't "import" real historical figures from the world in arenas. Anyway, i have never understood why we had to choose in which region we had to "play" in arena mode...I would like to see how well are stuffed some "heroes" of this world, make them fight, or create randomized titans too.

I think I will lure him in a corridor and close it with drawbridges. After that, perhaps the web factory...even if it's much more dangerous than anything else. This kind of monster can blow any other FB, dragon, or anything alive in the world (even the Star-ruby made titan, who was blown by a human hunter 300 years ago).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:45:01 am by Inarius »

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 08:21:45 am »

Are you sure hes actually that hard to take down?

Diamonds do count as regular gems...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 08:28:09 am »

Are you sure hes actually that hard to take down?

Diamonds do count as regular gems...

I've only ever seen two other crystal FB threads, and one of them was a crystal spider. Apparently, even tourmaline spiders can be very, very deadly.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 08:28:29 am »

With any luck its webs will be valuble. Good supply of quality clothing eather way, getting it trapped will most likely involve the sacrifice of a kitten, but if you manage it setting up a silk farm around it is as simple as digging a room, Putting in drawbridges to shield LOS and carving fortifications, then just dropping in a kitten every now and then.

If you have a reanimating biome, you get extra mileage out of that one kitten  :D
Thanks, now I know what I can do with all those undead that jammed my trash chute.

ZzarkLinux goes fishing for forgotten beasts.
There is nothing to catch in the first cavern layer.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 09:30:37 am »

A good way to test which titans are most resistant is to worldgen 100 titans and see who is still alive after 1050 years.

I should make a post about that, see how many have webs, fly, is made of aventurine or spites poison.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 09:36:48 am by Inarius »

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 09:44:48 am »

Yeah but the way fighting is done in worldgen seems to be pretty damn random...

Ive had worlds with 1050 years history where Blobs made of snow survived the entire span while Towering Apes composed of rock with webs are killed early on..

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 09:48:32 am »

I've had a Forgotten Beast made of Topaz completely annihilate an entire fort.  The best my steel-beweaponed military could do was chip it.  (Steel armor, spears, swords and axes; silver hammers.)  It smashed them to bits with a little effort and then went on to smash everything in the fort.  My unarmed civilians had no chance.

If that's any measure, gemstone beasts are tough.  Add webs and you've got something very dangerous.

Assuming it ever shows up.  If you've only seen it in Legends mode, there's a pretty good chance it's nowhere near your fort and you'll never see it.  (Unless you were browsing legends from near where you embarked.)
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 10:14:06 am »

Diamond is flammable.
Use magma.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 10:38:13 am »

"Melting point none (m)
Boiling point 16708 (m)
Ignition point 11440 (x) "

It doesn't melt, but it boil and ignite...if I use magma, won't it become harder to kill, as it will be ignited but not melt ?

I am launching a big study on titans right now in World-Gen

Smaller world
No limit to sites and population
100 titans
Every other things are normal.
I will note all titans who have survived after 500 years AND have more than 100 kills (glacier titans can live better than hills titans) or are dead but have more than 500 kills, and after 100 titans survivors, i will see if there IS a sense or not behind that.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 10:43:08 am by Inarius »

Rakushun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2012, 12:30:37 pm »

(even the Star-ruby made titan, who was blown by a human hunter 300 years ago).

Kinky!

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2012, 05:17:24 pm »

I made a blue diamond elephant that shoots webs to test in the arena; I gave it size 50M and a Bronze Colossus's invulnerabilities to pain, tiring, and being stunned.

Twenty-five Grand Master Archers/Marksdwarves with 100 adamantine bolts each couldn't bring it down despite fracturing every inch of its body. At a guess, at least 2000 of those bolts actually hit it since those dwarves were all Legendary Archers in a manner of minutes.

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Near a good old-time canteen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2012, 05:59:53 pm »

Twenty-five Grand Master Archers/Marksdwarves with 100 adamantine bolts each couldn't bring it down despite fracturing every inch of its body.

Unfortunately, candy bolts are worse than silver bolts because bolts deal blunt damage : /
You call that breaking my spine?! You Forgotten Beast ladies wouldn't know how to break a spine if-
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2012, 06:59:41 pm »

Yeah but the way fighting is done in worldgen seems to be pretty damn random...

Ive had worlds with 1050 years history where Blobs made of snow survived the entire span while Towering Apes composed of rock with webs are killed early on..
Thats because there is no glory in killing a snow blob
I made a blue diamond elephant that shoots webs to test in the arena; I gave it size 50M and a Bronze Colossus's invulnerabilities to pain, tiring, and being stunned.

Twenty-five Grand Master Archers/Marksdwarves with 100 adamantine bolts each couldn't bring it down despite fracturing every inch of its body. At a guess, at least 2000 of those bolts actually hit it since those dwarves were all Legendary Archers in a manner of minutes.

I would appreciate the raws for this, for scientific purposes.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2012, 08:47:36 pm »

Quote from: Carnes
Unfortunately, candy bolts are worse than silver bolts because bolts deal blunt damage : /

I tried it again with steel and even platinum bolts.

The one against the steel bolts wound up falling into the water after killing two of its twenty-five attackers and is hanging around at the bottom of the river with 415 bolts stuck in its body and all of its legs shot off as well as having every body part fractured or broken. The other has 250 platinum bolts in his body and has killed twenty of the dwarves despite being in the same condition. Having a spine fractured in three places doesn't make much of a difference to either one.

Dumping one in magma just makes it walk around on fire by the way.

I would appreciate the raws for this, for scientific purposes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 08:50:19 pm by Ubiq »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2012, 11:33:18 pm »

Holy crap. In a epic battle between the best weapons and armor in the game, wileded by all grandmasters, and a adeqeate diamond behemoth, The dwarves completely beat it into dust, but couldnt kill it. It just kept injuring them slightly more and more...
UNTIL, 84 combat reports in, it dies. Due to dismemberment by candy axe. Intrigued, I put it up against a highly-trained forsce of 30 axedwarves in full candy armor and axe. The beast goes around killing people almost instantly with his web/tusks attack. Literally, every attack knocked a dwarf 10 feet back and they die instantly. HOWEVER, once a dwarf hits him once or twice, he falls over, allowing the other dwarves to get close without being webbed and they completly dismember him. total= 23 dead axelords, 1 dead diamond.
For all intents and purposes, no, unkillable. However,
Dumping one in magma just makes it walk around on fire by the way.

dragon fire is quite effective. So yeah, unkillable. Hmm, unless he walked onto a trap with 10 serrated candy discs...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7