Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Diamond titan  (Read 26130 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Diamond titan
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2012, 10:20:03 am »

Just so the behemoth won't get lonely:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thanks, I have no knowledge beyond rudimentary in terms of modding.Anyway, the diamond behemoth cannot win in a fight with a bronze colossus, it jst tears out of the web, and is strong enought to puncg parts of the body off. I also discovered that a brigade of highly trained cats versus a diamond behemoth is a hilarious thing to watch: so many cats flying, and appearantly that can fracture parrts of him, final total: 20 Very dead cats, one completly yellow-wound diamond behemoth.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2012, 10:57:07 am »

That's just as well; megabeasts should be on roughly the same level as one another. Being able to kill some, but not all of them is about right in my mind.

An emerald leviathan would fare no better against a bronze colossus (animals with blood, on the other hand, are screwed though it does take seven drinks out of a hydra first); the garnet golem probably would if it could avoid killing itself first. Switching to a directed dust attack would avoid that, but the current version amuses me no end.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:59:27 am by Ubiq »

Hobbie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2012, 11:30:53 am »

Hit it with a minecart for !!SCIENCE!!

Gahagan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2012, 03:58:56 pm »

Got a glacier titan made of black diamond that shot webs.

That was 6 pages of log. He did manage to choke a swordsdwarf to death in that time, unfortunately.

Can you do anything with the diamond he leaves when he dies? It doesn't show up as available to cut in a gemcutter's workshop. I wanted to encrust the soldier's memorial slab with it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2012, 04:16:02 pm »

Besides enshrining the diamonds, no. Though there once was an adventurer which went around brutally murdering everyone with a suspiciously Titan sized gem stone...

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2012, 08:12:31 pm »

Just so the behemoth won't get lonely:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think you've cured me of my werebeast phobia, because quite frankly this... this is terrifying. :-[

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2012, 11:07:20 pm »

Wait.

A dog cut it in half?
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2012, 11:09:48 pm »

That dog deserves better accomadations then the dwarf heroes of your fort. And a groomer to cut his claws, because they are currently capable of cutting through solid diamond.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2012, 03:23:52 pm »

Yet another indication that something is terribly wrong with scratching attacks.  I also like that a slap with a copper short sword shattered his upper body... how exactly was he still alive at that point?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2012, 03:56:51 pm »

Yet another indication that something is terribly wrong with scratching attacks.  I also like that a slap with a copper short sword shattered his upper body... how exactly was he still alive at that point?
Holy shit, I was JUST at this thread! I needed it for some help with interactions. Good times, Goood times.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2012, 04:11:09 pm »

Im not big in !!PHYSICS!! at this game, but would it survive a 50 z-level drop on solid (steel floored) ground?
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2012, 04:40:06 pm »

Well, the sort of ground doesn't matter; ground does not have physical properties besides "impenetrable and quite painful to run into, unless you have a pick."

It MIGHT explode on impact.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2012, 06:05:29 pm »

Also, how would it fare vs. ballistae fire?  Although the aim is hilarious at best, don't they basically bisect everything in the tile they pass through, freind or foe?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2012, 06:10:00 pm »

Also, how would it fare vs. ballistae fire?  Although the aim is hilarious at best, don't they basically bisect everything in the tile they pass through, freind or foe?
Ehh, I don;t know. I've only ever managed to hit people with wooden ones, but they survived. Pretty seriousky injured, mind you, but alive.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2012, 06:50:46 pm »

Ehh, I don;t know. I've only ever managed to hit people with wooden ones, but they survived. Pretty seriousky injured, mind you, but alive.
I find they're hilariously good at gibbing civilians.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7