Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Haul system and food  (Read 867 times)

nutsshearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Haul system and food
« on: June 14, 2012, 07:40:44 am »

So whats with the new haul system and food?

Go to a seed stockpile, grab seed bag, then go and fetch the seed, put the seed in the bag, drop the bag, then travel back to the seed stockpile, grab the barrel the seed bag belongs to, bring that to the seed bag, put the seed bag into the seed barrel then finally putting the seed barrel back into the seed stockpile.

The fuck is going on?

It shouldn't be more than; grab seed. Walk to seed stockpile. Put seed in stockpile.

Or am I completely missing something here?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Haul system and food
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 07:43:40 am »

So whats with the new haul system and food?

Go to a seed stockpile, grab seed bag, then go and fetch the seed, put the seed in the bag, drop the bag, then travel back to the seed stockpile, grab the barrel the seed bag belongs to, bring that to the seed bag, put the seed bag into the seed barrel then finally putting the seed barrel back into the seed stockpile.

The fuck is going on?

It shouldn't be more than; grab seed. Walk to seed stockpile. Put seed in stockpile.

Or am I completely missing something here?
What you're missing is that if there are 38 seeds to go into the bag he'll grab the bag then pick up all 38 seeds, rather than grab seed, go to stockpile, put in bag x38.

nutsshearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 07:45:47 am »

When I only have one seed barrel, my farmers completely stop farming because missing item since the hauler move the entire barrel with them.

I could understand if they carried the bag with them to pick up the seeds. What I don't get is why they steal the entire barrel causing my farmers to throw fits and spam missing item announcements.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 07:57:36 am »

When I only have one seed barrel, my farmers completely stop farming because missing item since the hauler move the entire barrel with them.

I could understand if they carried the bag with them to pick up the seeds. What I don't get is why they steal the entire barrel causing my farmers to throw fits and spam missing item announcements.
Yeah it fails a bit on small moves, he'll probably have to add in a sanity check to the system. This was just the first hauling release so its going to be a bit odd at first

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 10:27:08 am »

Definitely disallow barrels on your seed stockpile.  That's the simplest fix.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 10:39:38 am »

Which is why I wait for bug fixes before updating :|