Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Splintered Ark: A multi Gm suggestion game. Stowaways: Unfortunate 'Accidents'  (Read 10662 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Splintered Ark: A multi Gm suggestion game
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 06:36:52 am »

Well, I think we can agree GM can't roll a turn they've made suggestions for.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 06:40:02 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 06:39:22 am »

Well, I think we can agree GM can roll a turn they've made suggestions for.
Can or can't?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 06:40:09 am »

Sorry, can't.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 07:17:51 am »

Sorry, can't.

I agree, who knows, they may "rig" the dice in there favor...

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 08:05:13 am »

I'd prefer medical\scientific faction, but there are none, so my vote for Crewmen

Stowaways 4
Biodome Triumvirate: 1
Crewmembers: 2
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 08:12:39 am »

I'd prefer medical\scientific faction, but there are none, so my vote for Crewmen

Stowaways 4
Biodome Triumvirate: 1
Crewmembers: 2
There used to be one, but it was discredited as unbalanced. They might show up as Npc's though. For now the closest thing to a scientific faction is the Triumvirate.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 01:42:31 pm »

Hmmm, how 'bout this for a scientific faction.
Name: The gears
Holdings: one Habitation modules, 2 labs, 1 factory.
Population: Very low
Tech: Extremely high, but in weapons they have mostly only defensive systems, I.E Auto cannons, etc
Resources: Medium, they do have a bit, and they can sustain themselves for a while, but not forever.
Other:
-A group(about 150 people) of extremely intelligent and famous scientists who banded together and managed to get a lot of tech and defensive's. The people who locked themselves into the engines where a part of them, until they split off. Most factions are friendly to them because they know that they cant even attack them without getting slaughtered because of there amazing defense tech (auto cannons, cell disintegrators, laser rifles, security drones, etc. They keep there tech up by trading, mostly with the stowaways because they can get them stuff they want
Problems expected:
-resources getting cut off
-Power cuts (They depend entirely on power from the main engines.)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 01:55:26 pm »

1. Engines don't produce power, reactors do.

They seem a bit overpowered to me, they have the possibility of building their own reactor and food supply, and have a defensive network stronger than most factions.

2. The stowaways don't have acces to high tech goods. They control a sizeable chunk of the ship, but a very cheap and a lowtech partion. They have acces to low tech capsules only, which are made from scrap and very cheap. Not the ideal place to find high tech.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 02:25:55 pm »

1. Engines don't produce power, reactors do.

They seem a bit overpowered to me, they have the possibility of building their own reactor and food supply, and have a defensive network stronger than most factions.

2. The stowaways don't have acces to high tech goods. They control a sizeable chunk of the ship, but a very cheap and a lowtech partion. They have acces to low tech capsules only, which are made from scrap and very cheap. Not the ideal place to find high tech.

1. My mistake, that's what I meant.

As for the building thing, they don't have enough Resources to sustain it, so they need to get it from other factions.

2. They can go wherever in the ship really since they know all the maintenance hallways, so they often find stuff that the gears need.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 07:42:25 am »

Yesterday, you feasted. You managed to end the represion, and you and the people have managed to claim what is rightfully yours. However, today is a different day, and the future is looking bleak. There's the matter of what to do with the bodies of those who fell in battle. Normally corpses are just inserted into the garbage shutes, but those ceased to function when the security retreated.

There's also the matter of the recently captured farm and the everpersistent danger of famine. While you managed to liberate a good deal of supplies, they won't last that long, and at the moment the farm isn't operational. You're not sure wherether it was damaged during the fight or has been shut down or something, but getting it to work is a key priority. Another problem is the spontansouity of this revolution. There's no real leadership structure or regulations, nor is there anything like a militia or guard routine. Nor do you have any descent weaponry.

Last but not least is the precarious state of your habitations modules. Most of them are nearing breakdown, and you have no stockpiled replacement parts. You could probably try to salvage them from elsewhere, but these missions are always dangerous, as their lifesupports are often in a precarious state.

Holdings:
- Habitation module alpha
- Habitation module beta
- Habitation module gamma
- Farm module alpha: Currently non functional
Population: Around a 1000 people, give or take a few hundred
Tech: None
Resources:  A small amount of scrap metal,  a few spare parts
Food: A small supply, enough to last a short time

Surroundings:
-Several entry hatches leading to the cargobays near the outside of the ship(Note: cargobay lifesupport might be nonfunctionall)
-Closed blastdoors leading to the inside. You're not getting through these anytime soon.
-Front: ???
-Back: ???
-Clockwards:???
-Counterclockwards:???

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 08:29:28 am »

1.Send scouts out to see if they can salvage anything from the battle
2.Get 10 people that are known for there intelligence and calm disposition and see if you can organize a counsel
3.Explore nearby areas.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 11:47:44 am »

Try and figure out why the farm isn't operational.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 02:29:28 am »

Try and figure out why the farm isn't operational.
Probably eiter a problem with the hydrophonics, maybe some components got damaged or the pipes got clogged. There might also be a problem with the seeder, ot with the nutrietients supply. That or someone turned it off.

((I left stuff intentionally vague as to allow the next person some creativity. ))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2012, 02:54:04 am »

4. Get some more tech minded people to work on fixing the farm
5. Take stock of how many weapons we have, and their quality
6. Do a headcount to find out the exact number of people in the group
7. Use the weapons we do have to begin organizing a small militia for peace keeping, and patrol around our territory
8. See if we can get someone to hack into the computer systems connected to the cargobays to check for operating life support, and search for any space suits, or the like

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2012, 09:07:34 am »

The next morning, still with a slight hangover from the night before, you set yourself to the task of organizing your now freed clan. You go to Bejel Ah'kter, head of the Snakes one of the many gangs the established themselves among the Stowaways, and convince him to dispatch scouts to see what can be salvaged, both on the battlefield and beyond.

[1+1] Most of the enemy's gear was either taken away, destroyed, or stolen by unscrupulous Stowaways. Some scrap metal is saved, but no working equipment could be found. [2] The Stowaways are known for bickering and infighting. The various clans, gangs and groups refuse to set up a council until several issue are solved. First among them is the ongoing feud between the Car'ya clan and the Snakes.

[3+1] As your day seems to be spiraling out of control, some good news arrive. The scouts sent by Bejel Ah'kter managed to open the hatches to the cargo bay, and all the modules' air wasn't sucked out into the vacuum as they did so. You make a mental note to make sure they check the life support first next time. [4+1] The cargo bays are full of food! Starvation is now at least a fortnight away! You should work on fixing those farms though.

[3-1] Unluckily, no one seems to know the first thing about hydroponics. You'll have to trade for tech secrets, or find other sources of food. [6-2] You are not entirely out of technical skills tough. A young stowaway by the name of Sheb McSheb has apparently been spending too much time on computers (As is hinted by his unkept appearance. He gets the store data to work and search for spacesuits. [3] Apparently none was stored in this cargo bay, but large amount of EVA equipment was stored in another bay directly behind the one you opened. [1] However, the life support in that bay apparently had some dysfunction, and the internal temperature is around 400°C.

You decide to wait a little bit before doing anything about the space suits. Counting your population, you realize only 2/3 of the 1053 inhabitant are of working age. The weapons at your disposal are mostly makeshift spears and blades, with a few old assault rifles. You try to organize a miltia [4-1] but the Car'ya clan decide to boycott it, thinking it's only a play to strengthen the Snake's position. They form their own militia instead.

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Surrounding (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Military (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5