Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Chieftain: Suggestion Game  (Read 7103 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Chieftain: Suggestion Game
« on: June 14, 2012, 12:45:13 am »

Time for another suggestion game. This time it won't die, at least for a good amount of time.

In this game you'll be taking on the leadership of a tribe and making sure it thrives. Being a tribe leader you'll need to keep your people fed, perform raids, and make sure the tribe prospers. Course, such things are never really easy.

This game is quite similar to the two lord games currently happening, if it wasn't obvious.

Setting: we need a setting. I'm currently agreeable to any setting except high fantasy, so go ahead and suggest something out of science fiction.
Tribe name: obvious
Tribe description: a brief description of our tribe. Include what the tribe is known for and anything else of interest. Feel free to go into a 1000 word essay if you want.

Name: the name of the character.
Biography: a description of the life of the character and his/her exploits optional but would appreciated.
Acquisition: how did the character gain leadership?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chieftain: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 02:46:27 am »

Setting: A semi-fictional realm where ancient Greek perceptions of the ancient world were correct. Specifically the land of Hyperborea. It's basically the northern half of Scandinavia including above the arctic circle.
Tribe name: Hyperboreans
Tribe description: Basically proto-norsemen/Sami. Coastal fishing drives the "economy" along with reindeer herding, farming in some tribes, animal trapping, etc. The Hyperboreans are seperated into different sub-tribes based on their geographic location in Hyperborea: The relatively peaceful Skoltte tribe inhabits the lowlands along the coast (coastal Norway, coast of eastern Sweden, and Kola peninsula); the Pyte inhabit the highlands and mountainous areas and are characterized by their warrior mentality and hunter-gatherer society (mountains in between Norway and Sweden); The Keinuu live in the swamps and forests in the extreme southern regions but not much is known of them because of their elusiveness and tendency to live in small groups of usually around 10 individuals, they are extremely aggressive towards outsiders (lower Finland and Karelia, and the wooded areas of Sweden, thought to be in Russian and the Baltic area); The largest tribe, The Inaari tribe, are spread out over the tundras and taigas of the northern reaches (Kola peninsula, most northern parts of Finland, Sweden and Norway)

If you've ever played it, think Unreal World-like setting. If you guys decide to use this, I'll let you choose our hero's biography and other personal shit..
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:12:39 am by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 02:51:13 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I like this. Keinuu or Pyte.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 03:03:58 am »

I like. I'll give it a day then I'll go with that.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 03:05:19 am »

Setting: The above.
Tribe name: The Trogocs
Trible discription: Savage. Say what you will, you be a cultured shipman or a scummy lowlife, when the 'trogs come a knocking, no one is safe. Typicly, they live in a single hilly area, but often go on huge raids down into the countryside to get some goats and horses to feast on. Animal transport is unheard of, because if a trogsman cannot run barefoot down the nastiest jagged hill by the time he's ten he's effectivly disowned. Women are treted the same as men, for the constently a low population and the naturaly rugged lifestyle makes them able to best your average low-lander's strongmen in hand-to-hand combat. Horses are seen like very big goats, and cows are unheard of to them. What little farming they have focuses on grapes and grain.

Name: Haggash Maclarken
Biography: A typical clansman, brutish, slighly inbred, and more than willing to bash the nearist persons head in with a club, he won fame for managing to beat the son of a local raider chieftans head in, and bested said chief in a annual planned cermionial beatdown between groups. Otherwise, he has acheved what little others in the Trogocs have done and travled down to the "soft folk" and got a full set of steel armor and more than a few healthy meals, making him noticably less thin than his other tribesman.

Acquisition: He beat the living shit out of the last chieftan(ess), a whispered literal witch who managed to get to the top with skills alown. With the five other major clans in attendance ( totaling to about 800 people), there was no doubt about who won.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 03:09:25 am »

Svartes gets my vote.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 03:16:02 am »

You know what? Svartes gets my vote, but perhapes those ??? could be filled with another tribe, perhapes brutal savages.  :P
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 01:50:54 pm »

Svarte Troner has not a bad idea, but they're too few tribes.

Only 4 tribes? Come on...

THEY'RE MUST BE THOUSANDS OF DIFFERENT CLANS WITH DIFFERENT RULES AND RITUALS AND WHAT ELSE!

Fuck yeah!

Culturally superoity should be our target my friends!

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 01:53:28 pm »

Like in "King of Dragon Pass"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 02:45:53 pm »

A bump for character selection. If no one else votes, then I'm going to have to choose the Trogocs and their leader.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dracken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 04:08:40 pm »

Setting: The above.
Tribe name: The Trogocs
Trible discription: Savage. Say what you will, you be a cultured shipman or a scummy lowlife, when the 'trogs come a knocking, no one is safe. Typicly, they live in a single hilly area, but often go on huge raids down into the countryside to get some goats and horses to feast on. Animal transport is unheard of, because if a trogsman cannot run barefoot down the nastiest jagged hill by the time he's ten he's effectivly disowned. Women are treted the same as men, for the constently a low population and the naturaly rugged lifestyle makes them able to best your average low-lander's strongmen in hand-to-hand combat. Horses are seen like very big goats, and cows are unheard of to them. What little farming they have focuses on grapes and grain.

Name: Haggash Maclarken
Biography: A typical clansman, brutish, slighly inbred, and more than willing to bash the nearist persons head in with a club, he won fame for managing to beat the son of a local raider chieftans head in, and bested said chief in a annual planned cermionial beatdown between groups. Otherwise, he has acheved what little others in the Trogocs have done and travled down to the "soft folk" and got a full set of steel armor and more than a few healthy meals, making him noticably less thin than his other tribesman.

Acquisition: He beat the living shit out of the last chieftan(ess), a whispered literal witch who managed to get to the top with skills alown. With the five other major clans in attendance ( totaling to about 800 people), there was no doubt about who won.

+1
Hang on, you want us to be nice to the people??  You do realize that this is the bay12 forums, right?

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 04:34:06 pm »

THEY'RE MUST BE THOUSANDS OF DIFFERENT CLANS WITH DIFFERENT RULES AND RITUALS AND WHAT ELSE!

Fuck yeah!

Those question marks are other tribes I didn't feel like naming and describing because it was like 3 in the morning. I'd say make the large questions mark in Russia the trogocs, because that would be most fitting for a Russian  :P. But, whatever, just throwing it out there.

edit: I'll throw my vote in for the Keinuu.

Name: Khoine of Karjaala
Biography: Growing up in the woodlands of Karjaala, Khoine was abandoned by his parents at a young age. He was forced to survive on his own in the wilderness, nearly becoming a feral subhuman. He unknowingly wandered way up north into Inaari lands and was captured by a roving band of Trogoc and forced into slavery. In captivity, Khoine learned the language of his captors and made important allies among slaves from all corners of the earth. He eventually led a slave rebellion, bringing us to the present day.
Acquisition: Pretty much self-explanatory
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 04:46:25 pm by Svarte Troner »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 04:40:14 pm »

Fuck yeah!

Those question marks are other tribes I didn't feel like naming and describing because it was like 3 in the morning. I'd say make the large questions mark in Russia the trogocs, because that would be most fitting for a Russian  :P. But, whatever, just throwing it out there.
Just to make it clear, I don't plan to use that map as it is exactly.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 04:47:57 pm »

Fuck yeah!

Fine by me dude.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 04:48:54 pm »

Fuck yeah!

Fine by me dude.

Fine by me too.
Pages: [1] 2 3