Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I messed up while modding, any tips on fixing the problem?  (Read 996 times)

pulsusego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I messed up while modding, any tips on fixing the problem?
« on: June 13, 2012, 11:13:36 pm »

I modded the creatures standard .txt file (or something like that) and put the NOSLEEP tag under dwarves, realizing all too late that it only made them sleep forever until they dehydrate and die. I lost 2 dwarves to this before migrants came, deconstructed the beds, and saved my dwarves. But it's only a temporary fix. I changed the tag ot NOEXERT and it only seems to have taken effect for the migrant wave, as they don't sleep at all. Unfortunately, all of my other dwarves, 3 waves amounting to 12 dwarves (used to be more..) still will never wake up unless i intervene once they go to sleep. I'm desperate for a fix to this, any way to 'update' the old dwarves, because it would be a real shame to lose five master miners/masons/etc. because I'm too lazy to endlessly deconstruct their beds after theyve slept enough.
Like i said, if you have any tips or useful information, it'd be much appreciated.
I got a high master!!!.... animal caretaker... ****.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: I messed up while modding, any tips on fixing the problem?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 11:51:21 pm »

Add [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] to them.

Nah, I have no idea, the modding forum would probably be able to help more.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 12:50:40 am »

Do you have [NOSTUN] on your dwarves?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

pulsusego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 11:22:19 am »

Yes I do, should I remove the tag?

*Edit:
It worked perfectly, they all woke up and started eating/drinking like true dwarves should. Thanks much~
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:28:52 am by pulsusego »
I got a high master!!!.... animal caretaker... ****.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 11:32:15 am »

Yes, remove it. I think stunning and sleeping are mixed together in the code somewhere, and fixing the stun timer in place fixes the timer dwarves use to determine whether they've had enough sleep yet.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.