Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Masterspace - Someone may have beat Notch to "IT"  (Read 29591 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masterspace - Someone may have beat Notch to "IT"
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2013, 07:23:33 pm »

I always love to see new information and patchnote. Its one of the good game i really wish wont die :D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

MasterTechnologies

• Bay Watcher
  • Developer of Masterspace
    • View Profile
    • Masterspace
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2014, 01:28:19 pm »

Masterspace v2.4 has been released, introducing a completely new soundtrack composed by Roland La Goy. The soundtrack consists of 10 in-game tracks, as well as a new main theme, and is composed in an Early-Electronic style. Most feedback has been very positive and the music fits well with the general style of the game.

This update also provides an updated character customization system, including a lot of new equipment as well as the possibility to customize facial features. To be more in line with the Masterspace setting, which mixes primitive technology with science fiction, a new range of medieval themed equipment has been added.

There has been conflicting feedback form the community about the frequency of meteorites, number of storage slots and the possibility of permanent death, etc. To remedy this, I have decided to split the game into three different difficulty levels, which may now be set in the frontend. Hopefully, this will allow players with different tastes to enjoy the game. An overview of the different difficulty levels is listed below:

Normal:
  • Mostly the same as the gameplay in previous versions.
  • Permanent death is not possible. Inventory items are lost if you respawn without any valid respawn points left, such as a bed or teleporter.
  • No disasters, such as meteorites, on the start planet.

Casual:
  • Permanent death is not possible. Inventory items are never lost if you respawn.
  • No disasters on any planet.
  • Storage containers and inventory size are 10 times larger.
  • Faster construction time.

Hardcore:
  • Permanent death if no respawn points are available. Inventory items lost on respawn.
  • Disasters on all planets.
  • Storage containers and inventory are half the size.
  • Slower construction time.
  • Starts with a pickaxe only.
  • Another new feature is saving of client data in multiplayer, which means that the inventory and allocated perks are saved until the next connection. Any new perk points from the team will be awarded retroactively.

Another new feature is saving of client data in multiplayer, which means that the inventory and allocated perks are saved until the next connection. Any new perk points from the team will be awarded retroactively.

New items include new upgrade levels for the shovel, as well as a tool for quickly making tunnels without gaining any resources. Production may now also be reversed in most objects and tooltips have been added for the materials in all crafting menus. Finally, a lot of bugs have been fixed along with the implementation of new minor features. For a complete changelog, please see below.

Download the free version here:

To upgrade to the full version, download and install this unlocker. Please note that you need to apply this unlocker even if you have unlocked a previous version, as the unlockers are version specific.

New features:
  • New original soundtrack by Roland La Goy
  • New main theme and ten in-game tracks
  • New player model with lots of new equipment
  • Difficulty levels: Casual, Normal and Hardcore
  • New tools: Tunneler, Quality Shovel and Master Shovel
  • Production may now be reversed in most objects
  • Item tooltips in construction and production menus added
  • Saving of client data in multiplayer

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed perk point reset bug
  • Fixed water in space bug
  • Fixed inventory bug in editor
  • Fixed Deflectors to lower meteorite frequency
  • Fixed glass deposition
  • Editor mode is now functional in multiplayer
  • Fixed sell resources for client
  • Fixed network sync of planet rotation
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:51:24 pm by MasterTechnologies »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2014, 03:18:50 pm »

Haven't checked this in a while...looks liek it's shaping up good...I will have to look into it again.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2014, 06:26:29 pm »

Anyone able to give me a general idea of what is possible so far in the game? Anyone playing regularly?

MasterTechnologies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Masterspace
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2014, 08:36:30 pm »

We are happy to announce that Masterspace has been released on Steam on April 16. This coincides with the release of version 3.0, which adds support for Steam-specific features, such as automatic updating and matchmaking. The release is in the Early Access section, which allows us to provide further updates while considering community feedback.

Of course, Steam keys will also be distributed to all previous customers. More information is found on the official web site: www.master-space.com.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2014, 08:43:45 pm »

Thank you for pushing Steam keys for early adopters.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2014, 12:06:08 am »

So will this apply to the gamers gate version?

MasterTechnologies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Masterspace
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2014, 12:18:05 am »

So will this apply to the gamers gate version?
This applies to the GamersGate version as well. However, GamersGate customers need to create an account on the official web site first by redeeming the GamersGate serial here: http://www.master-space.com/amember/signup/index/c/coupon. Then you may request a Steam key here: http://www.master-space.com/amember/signup/steamkey

MasterTechnologies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Masterspace
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2014, 10:40:28 am »

We are happy to announce the first update to Masterspace since the Steam introduction. The major new feature introduced in this version is the support for mod packs through integration with the Steam Workshop. Hopefully, this will be the start of a flourishing mod community with plenty of player created content. You will be able to enjoy custom objects and materials, as well as completely new scenarios. A few sample mods have been included to get you started.

This update also adds a bunch of Steam achievements to the game. These will serve to give the player an extra sense of progression. Achievements are awarded for various feats, such as constructing spaceships and visiting other planets. We plan to continously add more achievements during the coming updates.

Furthermore, we have been hard at work to fix bugs reported by the community and implement requested features. We sincerely hope that this new update will provide an improved Masterspace experience and we are looking forward to your continued feedback.

New features:
  • Support for mod packs with integration of the Steam Workshop
  • Eleven Steam achievements added
  • Three example mod packs included
  • In-game volume control sliders
  • Monitor selection in the frontend
  • Borderless window mode setting in the frontend
  • Left-handed mouse setting in the frontend
  • Save game information view
  • Function to delete saved games
     Bug fixes:
  • Fixed crash by double clicking an empty inventory slot
  • Fixed random crash caused by digging
  • Fixed mouse cursor disappearing when pressing escape
  • Fixed hardcore inventory bug
  • Fixed LOD mesh bug when restarting game
  • Fixed running speed at low frame rates
  • Fixed auto-save lag
  • Fixed digging marker flickering
  • Fixed invalid team crash
  • Fixed stuck tooltip after closing menus
  • Collision of thrown objects with player fixed
     Changes:
  • Fixed and improved tooltips
  • Improved material icons
  • The lighting system has been reworked
  • Day/night cycle is now 50% faster
  • Larger inventory screen for storage objects
  • 'Esc' closes open windows in-game
  • Increased price of bombs in the trade post
  • Flares may now be picked up
  • Milk and bacon may now be consumed for HP
  • Improved user interface functionality
  • Decreased production sound volume
  • The scroll wheel may be used for inventory switching

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2014, 11:11:12 am »

Anyone able to give me a general idea of what is possible so far in the game? Anyone playing regularly?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2014, 10:58:31 am »

I actually forgot I purchased this since at the time I couldn't get it to run. I'll have to try again.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2014, 11:03:37 am »

I think I bought it too but can't recall lol

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2014, 06:24:48 pm »

So although I'm very, very excited by the idea...I'm...not as excited by what I'm seeing in the trailers. It looks like a basic crafting game with some pretty cartoony animals messing about. I mean no offense by that, it's cheap and the modding potential is great, but I was kinda put off.

Can a few people who've bought this chime in with their blunt thoughts on it?

Is there stuff to actually go and explore or is it just random terrain worlds?
Is the AI still as bad as it looks in the videos? All I see is a lot of things wandering into each other and getting stuck on terrain.
Are there any decent mods that turn it a bit more 'serious'?
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

MasterTechnologies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Masterspace
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2014, 01:03:55 pm »

Masterspace v3.2 has been released, introducing improved world generation capabilities as well as a new tutorial scenario. The world generator has been given a graphical user interface where the number of planets, as well as their sizes, may be specified. Furthermore, it is possible to customize climate settings and the abundance of resources. Buildings from the blueprint database will also be placed randomly on the planets.

A rare new material has been introduced, Maesterium, which may only be found on asteroids. Maesterium is required for construction of many of the most advanced objects in the game. New objects include a set of new storage and lighting objects, as well as a fusion reactor. The trading post has been split in two separate objects, for materials and explosives trade respectively. Three new perks has been added, which are related to these changes: Lighting, Storage and Production.

A much requested feature has been the ability to easier relocate objects. It is now possible to pick up and place objects, similar to how they were originally placed. Press and hold the grab key to relocate an object. There is now also a confirmation dialog for selling objects and a function has been added to center and delete blueprints.

Other fixes include an automatic backup of the last autosave and a rework of the lighting engine. Furthermore, the physics simulation has been optimized, which should greatly improve the frame rate on low-end CPU setups. As usual, a lot of bugs have been fixed, along with other minor features and improvements of the modding capabilities. For a full changelog, please see below.

New features:
  • Random buildings from the database are now placed on generated planets
  • Automatic subscription features added to mod manager
  • New Material: Maesterium, exclusive for asteroids
  • New Perks: Lighting, Storage, Production
  • New Objects: Basket, Barrel, Fireplace, Wall Torch, LED Mark I, LED Mark II, Fusion Reactor
  • Trading Post split in Explosives Trading Post and Materials Trading Post and Trading perk extended to two levels
  • Automatic backup of old autosave
  • Modding of music and sound effects is now possible
  • Organic asteroids
  • Relocating objects by holding the grab key (default: 'q')
  • Button to delete blueprints
  • Additional building blueprints included
  • Function to center blueprints on save
  • New tutorial scenario

Changes:
  • Multiple objects changed to accomodate new materials and objects
  • Tweaked world generation settings
  • Old world generator scenarios removed
  • Culture points are now team specific
  • Confirmation required for selling objects
  • Optimized physics simulation
  • Improved lighting

Bug fixes:
  • Excessive GLSL log messages in latest AMD drivers fixed
  • Fixed loading screen crash
  • Fixed "living dead" bug
  • Fixed building placement on spherical worlds
  • Fixed bug with LOD level visibility
  • Fixed object placement on spherical worlds

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2014, 01:17:43 pm »

Does the player still get stuck in solid rock if there isn't enough space above the teleporter upon arrival? The player spawns above the teleporter collision box.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8