Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Masterspace - Someone may have beat Notch to "IT"  (Read 29582 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: Masterspace - Someone may have beat Notch to "IT"
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2013, 08:07:51 pm »

This game is super fun, but crashes alot on my rig.

Can you give me a quick pros/cons?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2013, 12:11:40 am »

The pros...Well, it's a great concept. The graphics are meh-not-too-bad, the terrain deformation is cool, crafting is add-resources-to-the-machine and let it run while you do other things.... and It doesn't take long to get a spaceship up and going after you figure out to play.

The bad side is it crashes, there's not much in the way of variety, it springs memory leaks... you can't alt-tab, can't move things around after you place them, can't drop things from your inventory requiring you to use resources to build chests to put excess stuff into.... umm.. yea at this point the cons far outweigh the pros.

Oh, also I found that some of my other games stopped working after running it. Even after a reboot. I'm not sure why. I'm not sure what it alters, but it interferes with other things.

One last plus: its cheap.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MasterTechnologies

• Bay Watcher
  • Developer of Masterspace
    • View Profile
    • Masterspace
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2013, 11:06:32 am »

We are celebrating the 1 year anniversary since the first public release of Masterspace with a sale!

You may use the following coupon code to purchase the game with a 30% discount, bringing the cost down to $7: MS1YEAR30
We also offer a 50% discount for the first 50 customers, bringing the cost down to $5. Use the following coupon code: MS1YEAR50 (Limited to 50 users)

Click here to order your copy of Masterspace! The coupon codes are valid until May 1st.

MasterTechnologies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Masterspace
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2013, 12:33:44 pm »

Masterspace v2.0 has been released, introducing a new particle system implementation as well as a new sound engine. The plugin Particle Universe has been implemented, which allows for much improved particle effects for e.g. explosions and smoke. Also, new particle effects has been added for digging and production. OgreAl has been replaced by OgreOggSound and now positional 3D sound is functional. Additionally, a lot of new sound effects has been added.

For the release of v2.0 a new trailer has been created, illustrating a lot of the current features in the game. All footage in the trailer is assembled from actual gameplay and will be used as promotional material for submission to Steam Greenlight in the near future. Watch the new trailer here.

In this version, the water simulation has been reworked with a better algorithm and the simulation is now localized around the player position. This has increased the speed of the water simulation more than a factor of 10, and is now running close to real-time. Also, the bug with water disappearing over time has been fixed. Additionally, the rain implementation has been improved and the rain intensity is now changing over time, illustrated visually as a particle effect.

Some other visual changes include a lot of improved world textures, along with new models for the workbench, trading post and stone cutter. There is one new object, the plasma generator, which along with the solar panel generates thrust for spaceships. Objects providing thrust is now necessary on spaceships to allow them to move. As of this version, the collision shape and mass of the spaceship is calculated in real-time. The mounting of spaceships has also been improved.

Masterspace v2.0 preview Masterspace v2.0 preview

Introduced in this version is also support for scripting objectives for scenarios, as well as rewards, such as enabling the construction of additional objects. As a demonstration of this, two sample scripted scenarios are included. One of these is a simple tutorial, where objects are unlocked after achieving specific goals. The other scenario is named Armageddon, in which players are given a limited time to construct defenses to survive a meteor swarm. A settlement is randomly generated from the buildings in the player database and the goal is to save as much as possible of the cultural value of the settlement.

As usual, some bugs and crashes have also been fixed. For a complete changelog, please see below.

Download the free version here:
Masterspace v2.0

To upgrade to the full version, download and install this unlocker. Please note that you need to apply this unlocker even if you have unlocked a previous version, as the unlockers are version specific.

New features:
  • Particle universe plugin implemented
  • A lot of new and improved particle effects
  • OgreAl replaced by OgreOggSound
  • 3D positional sound is now functional
  • A lot of new sound effects
  • Scriptable objectives in scenarios
  • New water simulation algorithm
  • Local water simulation
  • New object: Plasma generator
  • New materials: Carpet Type III, Spaceship plating, Paving stone
  • Objects increasing the thrust of spaceships may now be constructed
  • Two sample scenarios with objectives: Tutorial and Armageddon
  • Explosions are now affecting objects
Changes:
  • Increased water simulation speed
  • New textures: Graphene plating, Grass, Low grass, Sand, Stone bricks, Power distribution grid
  • New models: Stone cutter, Workbench
  • Spaceship collision shape and mass is now corrected and updated in real time
  • Rain is now visible as a particle effect
  • The lifetime of resource balls may now be restricted
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed water disappearing over time
  • Improved mounting of spaceships
  • Fixed Antman taunt animation crash

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2013, 09:21:56 pm »

have some of the bugs been fixed as well ? master technologies

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2013, 09:23:18 pm »

the name of this game sounds very similar to an action that is best not talked about in polite conversation
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2013, 09:25:25 pm »

i shuld say i did buy it and occasionally play it , rate of progress though is a negative

MasterTechnologies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Masterspace
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2013, 03:58:26 pm »

Masterspace is now submitted to Steam Greenlight!

Vote for us by clicking this link! Thank you for your support.

MasterTechnologies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Masterspace
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2013, 06:20:40 pm »

Masterspace v2.1 has been released introducing improvements to the world generator. Planet generation is now based on both temperature and humidity parameters, allowing generation of various environments including desert, ice, water and lava planets. To accommodate low humidity planets, a new type of desert sand has been added as well as a cactus generator. On really hot planets, there will also be liquid lava, which is highly hazardous. Each planet will now also have a unique atmosphere composition. Furthermore, smaller asteroids have been added to the world generation, providing plenty of resources but a highly limited building area.

Masterspace v2.1 preview

This version also introduces a perk leveling system, connected to accumulation of culture points. Perk points may be spent on e.g. improving construction speed or increasing player health. Perks are scripted similar to other objects in the game, which allows for easy modification or adding of new perks.

Masterspace v2.1 preview

Another new feature is the welding system, which allows objects to be welded in place. This also allows for objects to be placed on walls or on any other surface.

Masterspace v2.1 preview

New objects in the game include a teleporter, which may be used for quick transportation, and a meteorite deflector, which may be used to decrease the frequency of meteorite impacts on planets. Furthermore, two new lamp types have been added, suitable for placement on walls. The turret has been split in one large and one small variant. Finally, a flagpole has been added, which may be used to claim planets. Flagpoles also allow for planets to be renamed.

Masterspace v2.1 preview Masterspace v2.1 preview

Other minor fixes include the support for swimming and the possibility to customize key bindings. Also, a repair tool has been added. Finally, a lot of bug fixes and user interface tweaks has been implemented. For a complete changelog, please see below.

Masterspace v2.1 preview

Masterspace v2.1
To upgrade to the full version, download and install this unlocker. Please note that you need to apply this unlocker even if you have unlocked a previous version, as the unlockers are version specific.

New features:
  • Perks are awarded for achieving culture point milestones
  • Cactus generator
  • New materials: Cactus, Desert sand
  • Descriptions added to frontend settings
  • Double click may be used to quickly move inventory stacks
  • Support for multiple liquid materials
  • New liquid type: Lava
  • Introduced humidity parameter in planet generation
  • Support for asteroids in the planetary system generator
  • Welding of objects to terrain and buildings
  • New objects: Meteorite deflector, Flagpole, Teleporter, Wall lamp, Light fixture, Large turret
  • New tool: Repair tool
  • Swimming implemented
  • Support for custom music playlists
  • Custom key bindings
  • Different atmosphere compositions
  • Saving of Lua variables to file
Changes:
  • Meteorite frequency decreased
  • Meteorite frequency may be set per planet
  • Turret is now smaller
  • Turret should now target meteorites
  • Improved flight controls
  • Most objects are now bottom-heavy
  • Duration of smoke for flares decreased to a few seconds
  • New main menu screen
Bug fixes:
  • Botanic assembler is functional again
  • Fixed rare crash in water simulation
  • Fixed terrain modification crash due to heavy CPU load
  • Added error message when multiplayer connection fails
  • Mouse movement should now work properly at low FPS
  • Fixed character getting stuck in terrain
  • Spaceships are now removed when destroyed
  • Fixed throwing when placing object bug
  • Clients in multiplayer may control spaceships again

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2013, 11:47:53 am »

Wow this seem to have a much better devlopment pace than when i first heard about it, i would believe that you did learn a lot and are putting that experience to good use chief.

Good work! Love to see it coming along nice and fast :D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

MasterTechnologies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Masterspace
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2013, 07:34:01 am »

Masterspace v2.2 has been released, introducing a lot of new turrets. Five turret classes have been implemented, adding up to a total of 13 different turrets:

The Standard Turret fires a high speed projectile at a single target and has a good balance between power, range and fire rate. This turret has 5 levels from Mark I to Mark V.

The Sniper Turret has a very long range and a high damage against single targets, although with a very slow fire rate. This turret has 3 levels from Mark I to Mark III.

The Plasma Turret fires homing plasma missiles with a relatively high splash damage. This turret has 2 levels from Mark I to Mark II.

The Laser Turret fires high-energy laser beams on a single target and has a high fire rate and aiming speed. This turret has 2 levels from Mark I to Mark II.

The Artillery Turret fires high-speed projectiles causing massive damage to both the target and the environment. This makes it highly suitable to penetrate armour plating. However, the fire rate and aiming speed is very slow.

This update adds three tiers of sensors and deflector, which may be mounted on spaceships:

Also added is a new reactor type and the bed has been updated with an improved 3D model:

New in version 2.2 is the ability to join multiplayer games in progress. Furthermore, the performance of NPCs in multiplayer games has been greatly improved due to the implementation of client-side movement prediction. The graphics performance has also been improved, due to the introduction of LOD-levels for most NPCs.

The behaviour of most NPCs has been improved, e.g. enemies now react on being hit and turrets avoid hitting firendly objects. The mining droid has been changed to a repair droid, which automatically repairs broken objects. Additionally, new animations and sound effects have been added for most NPCs.

A new sample scenario is included in this release, "Siege", which demonstrates scenario scripting capabilities in a simple mini-game similar to a "tower defence". This scenario also demonstrates the functionality of the different turrets, as well as some of the enemies encountered in Masterspace.

Finally, a lot of bug fixes and user interface tweaks have been implemented. For a complete changelog, please see below.

New features:
  • Support for multiplayer run-time joining
  • New Mark I to V Standard Turrets
  • New Mark I to III Sniper Turrets
  • New Mark I to II Plasma Turrets
  • New Mark I to II Laser Turrets
  • New Artillery Turret
  • New Mark I to III Sensors
  • New Mark I to III Deflectors
  • New Nuclear Reactor object
  • New Siege scenario
  • Repair droid automatically repairs broken objects
  • LOD levels for NPCs
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed indestructible voxel bug
  • Fixed inventory stacking bug
  • Player is no longer “running” after death
  • Fixed first cycle production bug
Changes:
  • NPCs now reacts to damage
  • Watcher now fires homing missiles
  • Many new sound effects
  • Improved multiplayer NPC performance
  • New main menu layout
  • New Bed model
  • Mining droid changed to repair droid

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2013, 10:44:53 am »

I cannot even understand beyond the basic digging and throwing the few dynamites, how do you do anything?

I only have crystal and rocks.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2013, 10:33:45 am »

I just thought I'd bump this. GamersGate now sells it. There isn't much info anywhere on this game. Youtube hasn't had a playthrough since 1.9 and it's now 2.2. MasterTechnologies? You should probably flesh out your youtube channel. It's a decent enough medium for advertising and you only have 3 videos. The last one was 4 months ago and 2.2 was released for sale 1 month ago. Unless someone hits up your forum it doesn't seem like anyone is playing and your modder forum is dead.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2013, 11:15:54 am »

Seems interesting.  Going to look up the details when I get home.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

MasterTechnologies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Masterspace
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2013, 05:48:32 pm »

Masterspace v2.3 has been released, introducing a lot of new creatures. This includes tiger humanoids, hydras and basilisks on the ground, as well as terrifying dragons that dominate the skies. This update also introduces a new class of stationary mobs, such as monster mushrooms and man-eating plants. New terrestrial animals have also been added, including giraffes and elephants. Additionally, all creatures are now procreating over time.

The perk system has been completely revised and now includes a lot of upgrades related to research. This means that most of the craftable objects are not available from the start of the game and requires research to be unlocked. The perks are still connected mainly to the culture system, which means that increasingly advanced and large buildings must be erected in order to progress.

Finally, a lot of bugs have been fixed along with the implementation of new minor features, including an improved siege scenario. For a complete changelog, please see below.

New features:
  • New creatures: Hydra, Basilisk, Dragon and Saber
  • New plants: Elongata and Megashroom
  • New animals: Elephant and Giraffe
  • Creatures are now procreating
  • A lot of new perks related to research
Changes:
  • Most objects now needs to be researched to be constructed
  • New Bomb Maker model
  • Added setting to change maximum building size
  • Added setting to manually set the number of active threads
  • Improved Siege scenario