Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: [GIVEAWAY] Gnomoria 10 copies  (Read 22107 times)

WebNutTimo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [GIVEAWAY] Gnomoria 10 copies
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2012, 10:22:18 pm »

They call me WebNutTimo or BlockHeadTimo depending where my brain happens to be at any given moment. :)

I'd like to be able to direct individual Gnomes to do specific one-time tasks. Something along the lines of: Gnome05 go attack the intruder at xx.yy.zz then return to your normal duties assuming you survive.

Thanks for keeping independent gaming alive and well!!

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 10:24:59 pm »

Calvin.

I hope to see the elves of the forest to be burned down to the ground, forced into the depths of the ground only to be ravenously devoured by the spiders that dwell within the caverns. Only for their most eldest trees to be chopped down and used as bedding for my gnomes, and to warm the fortress during the cold winters.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 10:25:36 pm »

Also, idiocy.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:09:10 am by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 10:46:32 pm »

I'm in. (Moghjubar)

As for adding something, put in something to differentiate it from the rest of the pack: It must have its own sparkle.

For example: assembling an army and raiding a neighboring village, crushing them under your gnomish heels.  Force enemies to pay tribute lest they feel your gnomish wrath: the gnomish overlords shall rule!

.... or just something simple like taking all/some of your current gnomes and settling elsewhere, while establishing a traderoute with your previous colony.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2012, 10:49:06 pm »

Scelly, your mini-modding isn't really necessary, and it makes us look hostile towards possible new members of the community. Please stop.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Luiggy93

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2012, 10:54:27 pm »

Name: Luis
I would like the devs to add maybe skill points to distribute among the gnomes so that they could be better at that particular skill.

x2dayson

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2012, 11:10:32 pm »

MAC MAC MAC!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'(

somebody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2012, 11:20:58 pm »

Add me, (somebody)

For a feature, I would like to see people in the game turning into heroes and villains with their own respective goals.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2012, 11:27:23 pm »

Name: Rex_Nex

I think some definite and interesting long-term goals are a fine way to separate this game from the herd. As much as I like DF's ultimate sandbox experience, the lack of any goals to direct gameplay is usually detrimental when the player doesn't have a goal of his own in-mind.

I also think interesting AI capable of making and sustaining its own village on the same map as you (and maybe even competing with you) would be enough to make me salivate.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2012, 11:28:32 pm »

I'd like to participate, the feature I would like would be guilds or maybe estates, that can require something from you or otherwise the whole guild or estate will be unhappy or rebelious.

Name: Domenique
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:22:59 am by Domenique »

SquirrelWizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 12:09:25 am »

Name: SquirrelWizard

I want to see more interactive mechanical interaction beyond traps. Perhaps mobile artillery for war or combines for farming. Heck, why not simplify and make combine artillery, harvesters of death....

also, I'd like to see more interaction with your homeland beyond the suicidal moron who they send as a trade liason.
Balanced Wheels is just rolling along

A small sign posted at the far end of the catapult range.

"In ToolCrew Microline strikes you!"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2012, 12:15:35 am »

Name: Neonivek

One thing I'd like to see in the game... hmmmm... Well since this is essentially anything I want I should go for something I'd find a bit neat.

Portals to the elemental planes opening up and transforming the surrounding wilderness to its accompaning element (Flaming trees, Coral, Clouds, Petrified trees). With elementals popping out. Closing the gate rewards you with a elemental stone you can imbed in an object.

After you close four gates of different elements you are given a offer to challenge the champion of the elements.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2012, 12:28:35 am »

Name: Rilder

What I'd love to see is a high degree of randomness and various random events as you play everything from natural events to stuff relating to your characters and settlement. Some events being good, some being absolutely devastating, anything.

Maybe a couple of your Gnomes request permission to start an expedition to start a new settlement and leave. Maybe a Gnome family after having a few children and such wants you to accept them as a new noble family, or perhaps a military unit from an AI faction is passing through your lands and requests you host them for a feast. Anything really!
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2012, 12:43:02 am »

Hmm, this looks rather interesting and I've been on a DF kick lately. Entering.

Name: Vertigon
Thing(s) I'd like to see: Hrm. Adventurer mode? ;D but seriously, at least a way to pick a single gnome and control them at least briefly would be very cool. Also multi-tile vehicles? Obviously not anything inappropriate for the time period, but that still leaves wagons, and possibly siege weaponry? Thinking a bit far into the future, but battering rams, siege towers, and catapults/ballistas/trebuchets/scorpions would be incredible to have at some point.

I'm always working on the terrain generation.  I plan on adding some options before generating, later.  I was working on something the other day and got a world with a cool terrain feature that made me want to write the seed down.  You can enter this seed when generating to see: 3175392446  (This will of course work in the demo too)

I made a post yesterday about military plans on the Gnomoria forums: http://forums.gnomoria.com

The short answer is the design goal for the game is to expose the underlying gameplay systems wherever it makes sense.  I'd like to expose the tactic behaviors of the military.  There will be options at the position and formation levels to mess with :D

Thanks for dropping by and contributing to the discussion! :D you have a very nice game shaping up so far :b

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2012, 01:08:00 am »

Scelly, your mini-modding isn't really necessary, and it makes us look hostile towards possible new members of the community. Please stop.
Ergh, your right. Serves me right for posting at midnight when in a bad mood. Sorry, guys.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11