Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The Bay12 Symphony  (Read 10526 times)

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Symphony
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2012, 04:27:59 pm »

I have done part 3, if you want to make rhythm guitar under it, make it in E standard, i have vision of part 2 being E standard on lead and G standard rhythm while part 3 G standard lead E standard rhythm, yaknow, like its two different tuned guitar players.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2012, 06:30:07 pm »

I have done part 3, if you want to make rhythm guitar under it, make it in E standard, i have vision of part 2 being E standard on lead and G standard rhythm while part 3 G standard lead E standard rhythm, yaknow, like its two different tuned guitar players.

G standard on rhythm for Part 2? Your part is 7-string E standard. Oh wait, it's not.

Is that why it's not playing well with MZ's part? I believe so. Also the fact that you two went with different chords underneath the lead in a few parts. But I'm remedying that.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:31:53 pm by Mego »

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2012, 03:32:27 pm »

Aww Mego y u make parts so long:P
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2012, 05:19:13 pm »

Aww Mego y u make parts so long:P

Because the Battlefailed curse is affecting everything I do on Bay12, apparently. Tonight will probably be the first night I have time to sit down and mess with those guitar parts so that they mesh better.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2012, 01:17:10 pm »

Ah come on its 18 days already.
Whats battlefailed anyway?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2012, 06:57:34 pm »

Ah come on its 18 days already.
Whats battlefailed anyway?

I've been working on it during my spare time during classes. It's become a bit of a beast.

Who puts a 7-string in drop-C, anyway?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2012, 10:41:23 pm »

I've finally finished the edits.

I had to cut out a few sections of the rhythm part because I couldn't get them to fit at all, so I just replaced those. I also tweaked the balance a bit.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2012, 09:10:50 am »

Who puts a 7-string in drop-C, anyway?

Everyone, nowadays with the shitty djent bands explosion everyone has a 7 string guitar dropped*. And there are guys with 8 string guitars, Low F#, ho ho ho, dont even get me started about people with low C# in 9 string guitar. Then bass is tuned C# -1.
And there are guys who play in 9 string drop B. I honestly dont get why.
I dont get why wont they just dont tune 6 string baritones lower when all they do is chugga chugga on low 2 strings.

*Except me, i tune my guitar to 6 string B standard.

Anyway, why there are no rhythm parts and bass and drums there at all? Under your second part? Did ya send me wrong file?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2012, 01:10:45 pm »

Anyway, why there are no rhythm parts and bass and drums there at all? Under your second part? Did ya send me wrong file?

There definitely should be bass and drum parts. Why they are not there escapes me. I'll fix it in a little bit.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2012, 03:28:28 pm »

Last post here was 13 days ago, sorry for impatience, but overall it took 31 days (amicountingrite?) and there is quite no progress.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2012, 03:45:09 pm »

Pee Tee Dub!

Also, I read something about a clarinet part but now it's gone? I haven't played since high school but I wanted to see if I still had any skillz.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2012, 04:20:37 pm »

Oh hey this thread. Note to self: Juggle things better.

Yeah, I had started to write a clarinet part accompanying the viola, but the tones just don't blend very well. At some point, I want to make an orchestral movement.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2012, 06:45:32 pm »

Argh man, i dont know if this has any sense if the progress is that minimal.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2012, 11:09:10 pm »

Sorry, I've been really busy. I have the next week or so off though, so I'll see what I can do.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]