Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Bay12 Symphony  (Read 10536 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Symphony
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 11:01:47 pm »

So, Mego, how's your part coming along?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 11:41:03 pm »

Honestly, I haven't been able to put much work into it. My first step is to split up the piece into different sections, based on the transition points in the viola d'amore part, and orchestrate them. I need to pick a few themes that I'll use as the "main" themes throughout the piece, and that's what's giving me trouble. I know what I need to do, but I haven't decided how I'm going to go about it.

Also an epic guitar solo is going in there somewhere.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 08:05:36 am »

I could always lend my guitar skills if you guys want, if you want something heavy, i can do it.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 02:21:35 pm »

Mego, it'd be nice if you either indicated some sort of progress or delayed your turn until you have more time. It sounds like other people are interested, and I'd like them to get a shot at this too.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 03:06:47 pm »

I was thinking this was going to be concurrent composition, instead of consecutive composition. In that case, I'll delay for a bit. Maybe having more parts in the mix will help me compose better.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 09:52:11 pm »

I could write guitar or bass part in guitar pro, though, whats the key? You know, major/minor and which major/minor.
Also, what tempo?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:56:47 pm by DarkWolfXV »
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 10:36:27 pm »

Wow, I didn't think anyone else would take a whack at this. Simple stuff, it's in C Major, tempo 120.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 05:01:18 pm »

I wrote bass part, i have MIDI File, a PDF, and and image of the score.
It fulfills your dreams about rockin' bass solos. There is more than one here, but they are mini solos opening fire when viola stops playing.
Its supposed to be under your viola part. I can write guitar part after this one.
Here
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bass is 5 string one tuned
G C F A# D#
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 05:05:08 pm by DarkWolfXV »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 08:29:21 pm »

Alright! I'll get the two merged ASAP.

EDIT: I merged them, but I'll wait to upload until a few kinks are worked out. First of all, your part is four measures shorter than mine. I thought it sounded alright lined up at the end rather than the beginning (leaving the first 4 bars as a viola solo). Second, is that high note at the end of measure four slurred to the low whole at the beginning of measure 5? Third, those red lined measures don't have the proper number of beats - the first has an extra eighth note, the second lacks a sixteenth note. I don't mind the melody, to be sure, but it's impossible for me to make that time signature in Finale and as such I can't merge those parts yet. What do you want me to do with those? Aside from that, I like the melody.

(It may just be my speakers, but I'm having a little trouble hearing the super low bass parts clearly through the viola. I'll see what happens changing dynamics.)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:07:06 pm by Barbarossa TSG »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2012, 08:37:12 pm »

Toss the MIDI my way, and I'd be more than happy to mix the two parts.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2012, 09:08:43 pm »

My merging job was kinda shoddy with the limits of Finale, so it'd probably be a good idea for you to take a crack at it, Mego. (I'd post screens, but really can't until the red measures are changed - whole lots of tied-over-the-measure-change notes, it's not pretty.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2012, 10:11:48 pm »

DarkWolfXV, any chance you could toss me that GuitarPro file?

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2012, 01:43:15 pm »

How would i upload anything else than images to the internet?
By the way i have guitar pro 5 only.
Maybe i did mistakes when getting your viola part into guitar pro because importing it with midi didnt do. Had to write it into gp note by note. In GP its 30 bars, just fine, same as the viola part.
I can fix the red bars if you want.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2012, 02:21:18 pm »

Huh. Upon checking again, they are both 30 measures. I guess I left out a row of yours. Oops. I would appreciate the red bars being fixed, though.

For uploading things, dropbox and mediafire both work. (I'm sure the latter is free, it just requires an account. I don't know as much about dropbox.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2012, 05:54:48 pm »

Dropbox is free, and also requires an account. It's my preferred method of uploading.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6