An Evil God
- 12 (28.6%)
A Neutral God
- 4 (9.5%)
An Anti-Hero Type God
- 19 (45.2%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Let's PLay: Black and White 2  (Read 3441 times)

DeathsDisciple

• Bay Watcher
  • He's nice (on the inside)
    • View Profile
Let's PLay: Black and White 2
« on: June 12, 2012, 02:54:36 pm »

Alrighty then, after walking for 7 hours in corn and on the brink of suicide I have decided to do a Let's Play of...
Black and White 2
So, what is this game, you ask?
In a nutshell: Your a god, and your trying to restore the Greek Civilization.
The long version.
This is also my first Screeshot based LP, so please tell me how I can improve.
Alright! First things First, should I be a Evil God, where I command armies, slaughter innocent women, and eat little children start wars, and basicly create my own little personal Oceania (Read: Nineteen-Eighty four).
Or...
Should I be a kind, generous God where I heal the sick and impress other tribes to migrate to my city (?).

Which God do you wish for?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:03:57 pm by DeathsDisciple »
"And I believe that totalitarianism, if not fought against, could triumph again." - George Orwell
My YouTube Channel.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's PLay: Black and White 2
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 08:49:30 pm »

Kill everyone that is not yours, but be generous and merciful to your followers.

Thats my suggestion.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 10:13:02 pm »

We have always been at war with Eurasia Eastasia.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 12:13:05 am »

Spoil your subjects, make your enemies bowels quake when your name is mentioned, eat pie.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 04:49:39 am »

Your people are cattle, your enemies vermin.  Blood for the Blood God. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 03:04:30 pm »

Go for eficiency, thus, evil.

While you shouldn't really torture them, do not help them either. Just lead them to victory over the infidels.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 11:18:23 am »

Normally I'm all for being a goodygoody, but I like this idea:
Kill everyone that is not yours, but be generous and merciful to your followers.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 02:05:25 pm »

Being a straight-up Good GuyTM in this game is boring because that devolves into building walls around your town then just adding buildings and decorative trees until everyone decides to abandon their homes because you have a large amount of fancy pillars. Simultaneously, being a straight up Evil GuyTM is similarly boring because you're just wasting everything and being inefficient for no reason. Killing off all your followers for the lulz, while funny, isn't going to get you places.

So, let us be the God of Glory and Conquest. Act like you're a few centuries late, and be the Roman Empire. Spoil your people. Then simultaneously build up a war machine and conquer everyone who doesn't belong to your people, then incorporate them into your culture. Semi-spoil them too. Grabbing settlements and small villages through impressiveness is fine, but the more major villages should be conquered. This includes the last city, because seriously, winning through impressiveness is far, far, far too easy compared to taking them by force.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 06:33:06 pm »

Yeah, I remember accidentally taking some villages through impressiveness a few times, actually. I should figure out if I still have my discs somewhere...
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 06:36:26 pm »

So many times did I win via Impressiveness while building my army for that final showdown. Each time I am in the process of leading my Armies through the gate when suddenly all their citizens flock to mine to join us. I was like.... Awww...

Go for Big Cities, Big Armies...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 01:35:53 am »

Breed out all your Greek citizens with Norsemen when you get the chance. Boy did I just sound like a nazi there.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 04:59:35 am »

Breed out all your Greek citizens with Norsemen when you get the chance. Boy did I just sound like a nazi there.
HEIL SVARTE !
On a more serious note can we have dibs on villagers ?

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 04:43:24 pm »

First, heal the sick and impress other tribes to migrate to your city and then basically create your own little personal Oceania.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 02:33:07 pm »

I +1 those above. Be kind with your citizens, and crush everyone else with brute strenght.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 02:48:53 pm »

The main idea suggested in this thread is good. Treat your citizens with respect and fairness, give them nice towns to live in, and conquer and pillage the shit out of other civilizations. Same with your creature. Make it help and care for your villagers, but a terrifying warrior in it's own right. Creature fights are far too cool to pass.

Besides, not only the conquest game is far more exciting, the evil buildings are far cooler, but we're DF players, and the very epitome of videogame evil.

Wait, did I not mentioned the utter awesomeness that are the three evil wonders compared to the only good wonder ? Sure the good wonder is very useful and pragmatic, but the evil ones are extremely awesome.

It's really like Lionhead really agrees with evil being cooler than good.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 02:52:53 pm by Naryar »
Pages: [1] 2