Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Find necromancy towers  (Read 862 times)

mugglewump0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Find necromancy towers
« on: June 12, 2012, 11:29:59 am »

I can't seem to find necromancy towers anywhere? I know the symbol for it but after looking around the map to get near one I had nothing, I even made a pocket tiny sized world to help me find one but I still couldn't find it, does anyone know how to edit the raws to find one or where they more likly to be found? Mucho Thankos :)

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
Re: Find necromancy towers
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 11:35:58 am »

Yeah, sometimes they just don't pop up. Consider letting the history go on a bit longer, to give time for more people to figure out the secrets of life and death. I usually get one every 100 years or so, depending on the size of the world. I've never seen more than one in a pocket island, for example, though a cluster of towers would be very cool.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 11:43:27 am »

I think I saw a screenshot where there were more than 10 towers close together.

Anyway, short history is your enemy here. Towers will pop up anywhere where a necromancer has gathered 50 zombies. It takes time before the inhabitants of the world will start to look for the secret of immortality (necromancy) and even longer before they gathered enough power to build a tower. If you have no towers, you could go looking around with the neighbour screen (you know the one pre-embark that has goblins, humans, dwarfs, elves and sometimes tower). If it says town or something similar it means there is a camp or town nearby controlled by a necromancer who didn't have enough zombies yet.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 03:35:00 pm »

First off, it's "Muchas Gracias." "Mucho" is singular, and "Thankos" is clearly-plural gibberish.

Second off...yeah, what they said. The problem with modding is that the necromancy secrets are procedurally generated in worldgen, so you can't change them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 03:39:50 pm »

First off, it's "Muchas Gracias." "Mucho" is singular, and "Thankos" is clearly-plural gibberish.

Second off...yeah, what they said. The problem with modding is that the necromancy secrets are procedurally generated in worldgen, so you can't change them.

You can make custom ones, but the tower requirements are hardcoded.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

mugglewump0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 10:54:43 am »

Thank you all I'll let it run for the 2000 year really long history and see what I get :)

I know It's Muchas Gracias (I would of probably of spelt it wrong but meh :D )

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 04:00:11 pm »

You can make custom ones, but the tower requirements are hardcoded.
Unless you use custom worldgen settings and turn them off, the vanilla procedural ones are stillgenerated.

Thank you all I'll let it run for the 2000 year really long history and see what I get :)

I know It's Muchas Gracias (I would of probably of spelt it wrong but meh :D )
Heh. Well, I hope that knowing how to spell "Muchas Gracias" will help you in the future.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.