Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Trading for noob  (Read 1587 times)

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trading for noob
« on: June 12, 2012, 09:28:26 am »

I can't understand how to trade. I have gems in the Depot, trader and broker in, I manage to open the screen but I can only "grab" items by force, not trading anything.
Suggestions?
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trading for noob
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 09:35:32 am »

You have to select the items you want to trade manually.

So, choose the things you want from them on the left, and choose what you want to give them in return on the right.
[Signature]

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 09:41:36 am »

Problem is, on the right I have nothing.
On the left, I have plenty of items.
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 09:44:31 am »

When there is nothing on the right side, then you don't have anything at the depot yet.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 09:48:21 am »

How can I be sure that Depot has items in it?
Even by dfhack. Version .34.11, but I managed to get it working.
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 11:18:47 am »

Are the gems [PENDING] or [TRADING]?
[Signature]

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 11:24:42 am »

Are the gems [PENDING] or [TRADING]?

Don't know. At the moment "g" is not available, so I can't check.
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 11:31:34 am »

Go out of the trading screen. Press "q" and put it over your Trade Depot. You will then be able to press "r" to send the trader to the depot, and "g" to select which goods you want to trade. Pess "g" and you will get a list of items that you can haul to the depot. Select them and press "enter" on the ones you want. This will make them have a "pending" flag next to them, meaning this item is pending to be hauled to the depot. Once it has been hauled to the depot this item will have a "trading" flag next to it, meaning it is currently being traded (same for items that you've just gotten from the caravan, too).

Once these items are hauled to the depot, you can enter the trade screen again and on the right side you will see a list of your own items that you can trade.
Feeling down? Click Here!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 01:05:21 pm »

If the g is unavailable, the traders are leaving. Either it took too long for you to get to them or you did indeed seize goods, which they consider stealing and offensive and a reason to pack up and leave
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 01:53:28 pm »

If the g is unavailable, the traders are leaving. Either it took too long for you to get to them or you did indeed seize goods, which they consider stealing and offensive and a reason to pack up and leave

And sometimes to bring you some piles of !!FUN!! next time, although that never happened to me....

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 01:55:51 pm »

forgot to add that in the case of elf merchants they might decide to leave if you offer them anything with even a hint of wood.
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 02:30:56 pm »

Yes, that means if you have stuff in wooden bins/barrels, you can't offer them the whole barrel. You have to offer them the stuff inside individually.
Feeling down? Click Here!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 05:44:18 pm »

Yes, that means if you have stuff in wooden bins/barrels, you can't offer them the whole barrel. You have to offer them the stuff inside individually.

also wooden decorations and clear glass and the like. The wiki page on caravans has the full list I think

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 10:25:51 pm »

Point at depot, with t, view items in buildings.  Not k, look around.  t, will show you items in Depot.  Good luck, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 01:05:47 am »

They are neither [PENDING] or [TRADING]
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

Pages: [1] 2