Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Roll to dodge The GM: Deathmatch arena of Doom !!! (6/6 players) Waitlist open  (Read 16618 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Is... that the Warden? He's in purple, and he has the sceptre, but something was wrong. Where was Jared? Where were the piles of decaying inmates? Wait... There's now way that's the Warden. The Warden doesn't resurrect the dead, he defiles them! THAT IMPOSTER! HE WILL PAY! DIE!
Jailbots face plate shifts from a green smile, to a red face, filled with the utmost fury.
Jailbot soars into the air, arms his air to ground missiles, and fires directly at the Warden Impostor. He makes sure to fire before Connery gets there. Simultaneously, send one of his tendrils towards the XP coming from the brained witch hunter.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 12:23:00 pm by Spinal_Taper »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

((The xp is floating in the air. Maybe you should try to catch it))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((The xp is floating in the air. Maybe you should try to catch it))

. . .

And catch that intangible XP!

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile

Grab nearest witch-hunter zombie with both arms. perform back-breaker and toss.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to dodge The GM: Deadmatch arena of Doom !!! (0/6 players)
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2012, 08:18:31 am »

Update

Several of you rush forward to claim the magical xp points, but Feleris ends up getting it, it flying right in front of his nose and such. However, before all of you have time to react, the necromancer aims his scepter and fires a beam of purple light at Hezku ..., but it barely does any damage. He just feels a bit faint.

"Aha! A lord of the undead!" shouts the scandalised Sean Connery. "Well, let'sh shee if he's a lord of being kicked in the knackersh!"

Head directly into single combat with the necromancer and deliver a stunning kick to the groin area. Get up nice and close to try to entangle him in my curly chest hair.

((we should concentrate our fire))
Meanwhile, Connery is taking advantage of this distraction, Connery jumps from table to table, swings on the chandeleer and ... aligns his foot with the target,... who simply steps aside.

Claim the essence or whatever of that witchhunter, then attack the risen corpse.

/In future fights a bit more walking freedom would be neat, i guess.
Unable to grap the floating xp points, you attack the closest zombie instead. ... but sadly he's fast enough to escape your attacks.

Use {Blessing of Athelas} on myself, knowing the delay would make the healing happen minutes later, but worth it.

If possible, {Adept Reflexes} at those damned corpses. Because, damn them. :I

You prepare yourself, gathering the herbs that are miracously sprouting from the tables. Seeing the corpses rise again, you decide to kill them once more. [1][4][6][6][6] vs[1][3][5][1][5]
The first arrow ... causes just a bruise, but useless flailing of the zombie as it tries to get into cover makes it an excelent target... and the arrow causes some light bleeding wounds this time. Too bad zombies don't bleed. The next zombie... gets a similair bleeding wound, as does the one behind that....
The following zombie... recieves an arrow through the head, splatering brain in all directions. Following up in quick succescion you manage to fire 2 more arrows[6,5vs 5-1,4-1]...[/abbr], both causing minor wounds.

Achievment get: Off the Scale

Grab nearest witch-hunter zombie with both arms. perform back-breaker and toss.
You... succesfully grab the zombie, ... fail to hurt him and ... almost drop him on top of your own head. Thz zombie is not amused.

Asoterius watches as the necromancer makes its entrance. This looked tougher and more dangerous than the group of bumbling witch-hunters they had just faced. The daemon spun his sword by the hilt in a fluid motion while watching the enemy sorcerer of the dead. Well...
"Heh, so it is like this."

Take the Ornate Scepter from the necromancer. Keep a defensive stance.
... "Hey, that's mine, keep of you. Stupid cleptomanic heroes"

Is... that the Warden? He's in purple, and he has the sceptre, but something was wrong. Where was Jared? Where were the piles of decaying inmates? Wait... There's now way that's the Warden. The Warden doesn't resurrect the dead, he defiles them! THAT IMPOSTER! HE WILL PAY! DIE!
Jailbots face plate shifts from a green smile, to a red face, filled with the utmost fury.
Jailbot soars into the air, arms his air to ground missiles, and fires directly at the Warden Impostor. He makes sure to fire before Connery gets there. Simultaneously, send one of his tendrils towards the XP coming from the brained witch hunter.
After a serious visual analysis, you finally come into action. Conery is already there, as is the demon, and frankly you're a bit to close as well, but you fire the missile anyway.... The explosion doesn't even hurt the necromancer. It fails to hit Caelleath, just as it does with Connery, and yourself. The zombies all come through entirely unscatched.

((I didn't write up the rolls because there were freacking much, and keep in mind that while adaptable threat gives you a changeable weapon type, it can't do everything without incurring penalties))

Zombies
One of the zombies decides to attack Caelleath ... but gets a long hash in his arm for this attempt. Another one attacks Connery ... but is almost entirely unsuccesfull. A third one attacks Jailbot ... who... tears him in half. Apparently he's pretty annoyed by the failed attack. The last one, still annoyed by being pulled up into the air, attacks Thanathos , but fails completly.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Enemy reinforcements: 1/20
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necromancer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The dead (click to show/hide)

Player list:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[/quote]

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:37:49 am by 10ebbor10 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((
* Tiruin wonders what he rolled for the XP and how much were the undead?

Also, hoping kingsfoil would heal me this turn...ouchie.))

Arrow > Zombie 1; if already dead by that passing, shift that attack to any of the other zombies.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

((0.5 xp per undead, flying xp was just oposing d6'es. Nope, healing has a delay.))

Edit: Xp error detected, fixing

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I seem to have a balance problem with Caelleaths defense stats. They 're getting a bit high. Trying to find out something usefull now, and no t just inventing an enemy negating armor bonusses or something.
((I think now you get why I was asking for a skill instead of an upgrade. If I keep leveling that, as long as Asoterius keeps defending, he'll be like a tank.
Suggestions> The next upgrades to Solid Defense could - instead of adding more solid bonuses - do something like:
-Lower roll difference to execute a counterattack.
-Less penalties for counterattacking ranged enemies: -1 instead of -2, for example.
-Negate one hp damage per turn from enemy attacks.))

Asoterius growled. The lowly necromancer thought too highly of himself.
"Well, I want to take this."

Take the necromancer's ornate scepter. If the elf (Tiruin) dies, take his items and experience. If he is still alive and other members of the group attack him, do it as well and try to get the kill.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:14:22 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

((Is it good if I do that for this upgrade already? Your pretty much a tank already, as an enemy rolling 6 and you 1  results in light bleeding. You'd be able to do a counter attack as soon as the difference is higher then 3))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Is it good if I do that for this upgrade already? Your pretty much a tank already, as an enemy rolling 6 and you 1  results in light bleeding. You'd be able to do a counter attack as soon as the difference is higher then 3))
((I think it is ok for balancing, but I really liked having +2 to defense. Can I have that bonus back when I get my next level in Solid Defense?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

((I think it is ok for balancing, but I really liked having +2 to defense. Can I have that bonus back when I get my next level in Solid Defense?))
I suppose so, by that time you'd have some higher attack enemies to, preventing you from being utterly invulnerable.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Higher attack enemies? Goddamnit. Also, enemy roll 6v1 against me results in light bleeding with the +2 or +1? I don't want to get to face these stronger enemies without getting to lv3...How much exp is that necromancer worth?

And Tiruin's elf seems to be dying. His items are mine in that occasion, by the way.))
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

((Higher attack enemies? Goddamnit. Also, enemy roll 6v1 against me results in light bleeding with the +2 or +1? I don't want to get to face these stronger enemies without getting to lv3...How much exp is that necromancer worth?

And Tiruin's elf seems to be dying. His items are mine in that occasion, by the way.))
1. With a +3 bonus (+2 from abilty, +1 from shield) you'd get at most light bleeding. With +2 (+1 abiltiy, +1 shield) at most medium bleeding.
2. The necromancer is +1 lvl for the entire party.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Jailbot saw Asterious rushing the Necromancer, and he knew what time it was. It was teamwork time. One of his tendrils turned into a massive sledgehammer. Then he charged the necromancer, bringing the hammer down, trying to distract him from Asterious' charge.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:59:54 am by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jailbot saw Asterious rushing the Necromancer, and he knew what time it was. It was teamwork time. His tendrils turned into massive hammers, he scooped up Asterious with the blunt ends then charged the necromancer, bringing the hammer with Asterious on the necromancer.
((You'll smash Asoterius against the necromancer and that won't be nice. Meh.))
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:05:00 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9