Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Roll to dodge The GM: Deathmatch arena of Doom !!! (6/6 players) Waitlist open  (Read 16682 times)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile

I`d say the one who lands the killing blow should get perhaps more xp, but everyone who contributed to the battle effort should at least get some.

"Delicious! Tastes like.. VICTORY!"

Decide that everyone who opposes me is considered evil, then attack Witchhunter 1 if the others manage to hit their chosen targets, if not, attack one of those. If there`s enough time store some blood in my vial, if not, dont`.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:50:50 am by Lordinquisitor »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Just had a rather good idea. I can divide xp. This means that I'll divide amongst the players that attacked the now desceased NPC that turn.
((That hurts me and my useful skill very muchly, but it makes sense that only those who kill get the XP.

Great.))
As long as it's used(and hits) the turn the enemy dies, you'd still get xp for it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Just had a rather good idea. I can divide xp. This means that I'll divide amongst the players that attacked the now desceased NPC that turn.
((That hurts me and my useful skill very muchly, but it makes sense that only those who kill get the XP.

Great.))
As long as it's used(and hits) the turn the enemy dies, you'd still get xp for it.
((Can it hit corpses? :-P

This means focus fire on one target for shared XP, combined with the potential for backstabbing, for I know a few here who would = good game!))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Jailbot was beginning to feel sad. First, he's seperated from The Warden, then, he's sent through time, and now there's an enemy that he barely managed to hurt. What was happening? Jailbot didn't know the answer to that, but he knew exactly how to solve the issue.

Jailbot sends his tendrils at the soaked witch hunters head, going to lift him into the air and rip him to pieces.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Sure, why not?  You need more fodder.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You know Toaster is bringing in a mage of destruction when 'Thrakor' pops up. :)) ))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I'm shocked that someone here has learned the association between Thrakor and casters.  Have I really used it that much?  [Also I'm taking that dynamic battlefield literally.]

It could be worse- I could bring in the Paradox's driver.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not exactly, I just remembered a post you made a long time ago about what name you'd give to what general type of character.

That's how much I remember the man with the orange appliance as an avatar. XD

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Sure, why not?  You need more fodder.

[spoiler]Name:  Thrakor the Devastator
Race: Human
Class: Force Mage [Caster whose magic is based on telekinesis; AKA ripping pieces of the surroundings up and using them for offense or defense]
XP: [0/2]
Health: [50/50] Using Gatleos system
Skills: Force Crush, Reflex Shield, Strained Concentration
Inventory: Wizard staff, Reinforced wizard hat

Phillammon

• Bay Watcher
  • Taunt ye not the artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to dodge The GM: Deathmatch arena of Doom !!! (4/6 players)
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2012, 12:31:49 pm »

Hmm. I was wondering if this would be too "silly", but I think I'll be safe, given connery's speedokini...

Name: Jeff the Munchkin
Race: Half-Gnome Were-Capybara Vampire (The other half is troll!)
Class: Shadow Dancer 2/Eldritch Knight 2/Mystic Theurge 5
Health: [50/50]
Skills:
Prestigious: Sheer volume of classes means that if there's a weak point to be exploited, Jeff can probably use it.
Beyond the Screen: Jeff has limited clairvoyance, thanks to handily placed mirrors behind the DM...
"I could solo this module!" Jeff dislikes being helped along by anyone else, and will go out of his way to avoid it.
Inventory: GM's choice!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 02:16:06 pm by Phillammon »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2012, 03:44:36 pm »

Hmm. I was wondering if this would be too "silly", but I think I'll be safe, given connery's speedokini...

Name: Jeff the Munchkin
Race: Half-Gnome Were-Capybara Vampire (The other half is troll!)
Class: Shadow Dancer 2/Eldritch Knight 2/Mystic Theurge 5
Health: [50/50]
Skills:
Prestigious
Beyond the Screen:
"I could solo this module!"
Inventory: Mystic eldritch Sword ,Munchkin coockies

Note: If abrevations don't work for any of you, tell me. I'll put the effects between parantheses

Nothing is too sily, unless it conflicts with the rules. (Still, playing an undead who doesn't bleed is possible, but you'd have serious drawbacks.(Not healing, for example.))

Phillammon

• Bay Watcher
  • Taunt ye not the artificer
    • View Profile

Stupid question, do I have a class focus, or should I just wave my sword until stuff starts dying?

Also, more usefully, is the waitlist in the OP accurate?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Stupid question, do I have a class focus, or should I just wave my sword until stuff starts dieing?

Also, more usefully, is the waitlist in the OP accurate?
This is an  Rtd.  You describe an action , I roll  some d6's, done. Basically you can do quite a lot, depending on the description. I, however, have no idea what a class focus is , so I'd say no.

No, but it will be.(soon)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stupid question, do I have a class focus, or should I just wave my sword until stuff starts dying?
Since your class mish-mash is there but you were given a sword by the GM, I guess you have to hit your enemies in melee and that should be pretty much it aside from your skills.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2012, 04:18:58 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9